What's new

Chill Bangladesh Thread

@Mage before this thread posted by @Black_cats, I even didn't know that this site was blocked by govt. That news published in 12 February right ? And is this news saying that govt block this site? I didn't see such thing correct me please if I missed this line of that news!

However I thought it's a technical issue of PDF and started at 5 February evening. Just yesterday knew that Pakistani envoy was summoned by foreign ministry !

If this site is blocked by govt they directly should announce it and papers should publish news as they published news just before vote ( when govt locked few sites ), I am very much confused of this news. I found no where that this site is blocked by our govt only the news shows that Pakistani envoy summoned!

So should not be blocking process start when a website fail to meet demand?

Like when FB and youtube was blocked govt gave them several warning and as far I can remember ( read in news after blocked) Google didn't reply them and later they blocked it.

But for PDF blocked the site first and summoning envoy after one week?

We are just here to pass time and discussion with an active community. And basically most of us try to speak for Bangladesh here, so I have no idea what to do. But if it's really blocked maybe we should take a rest from keyboard untill this issue is solved. As going against govt is not the wisest thing to do!

But I saw many advertise of Bangladeshi companies and now do not see them.

So will govt charge us that we are visiting a blocked site ( although before yesterday we didn't have the slightest idea about this banning) since we are common folks? Will they bother spending their time on us, specially we are not related to any activity that insult bongobondhu sheikh mujib but we are ( most of us) trying to defend him ( bongobondhu) against hate mongers? Some of us may have complain on various issue of govt, but other than some jamati type, we all have high respect for bongobondhu Sheikh mujib and in this case we all ( most of us) are united.

I have no idea what to do , but since we come here only to pass time and discussion with an active community , so maybe we should not go against the decision of govt and maybe stay away from keyboard until the issue solved, but I am also confused, They should announce it officially that common Bangladeshis are not allowed to visit that site in other ways,but I think they will not announce that, because banning advertise is the way to harm a site economically and they already did it ( again I see no advertise in Bengali now) .

However in this case the decision will vary on individuals ! I am unable to give decision for others, sorry for that .

Last edited:
@Mage before that thread posted by @Black_cats, I even didn't know that this site was blocked by govt. That news published in 12 February right ? And is this news saying that govt block this site? I didn't see such thing correct me please if I missed this line of that news!

However I thought it's a technical issue of PDF and started at 5 February evening. Just yesterday knew that Pakistani envoy was summoned by foreign ministry !

If this site is blocked by govt they directly should announce it and papers should publish news as they published news just before vote ( when govt locked few sites ), I am very much confused of this news. I found no where that this site is blocked by our govt only the news shows that Pakistani envoy summoned!

So should not be blocking process start when a website fail to meet demand?

Like when FB and youtube was blocked govt gave them several warning and as far I can remember ( read in news after blocked) Google didn't reply them and later they blocked it.

But for PDF blocked the site first and summoning envoy after one week?

We are just here to pass time and discussion with an active community. And basically most of us try to elevate Bangladesh here, so I have no idea what to do. But if it's really blocked maybe we should take a rest from keyboard untill this issue is solved. As going against govt is not the wisest thing to do!

But I saw many advertise of Bangladeshi companies and now do not see them. So will govt charge us that we are visiting a blocked site since we are common folks? Will they bother spending their time on us, specially we are not related to any activity that insult bongobondhu sheikh mujib but we are ( most of us) trying to defend him against hate mongers?

I have no idea, but since we come here only to pass time and discussion with an active community , so maybe we should not go against the decision of govt and maybe stay away from keyboard until the issue solved,I am also confused .

However in this case the decision will vary on individuals ! I am unable to give decision for others, sorry for that .

It is from yesterday @TopCat mentioned the site is blocked. He used vpn to connect. Not before.

New Age reported the site can not be accessed from Dhaka.

http://www.newagebd.net/article/64629/pak-acting-high-commissioner-summoned

Earlier, Ministry of Information and Communication Technology drew attention of foreign ministry about the derogatory statements on the website, which was however could not be accessed on Tuesday afternoon from Dhaka.

Government likely blocked it as lots of critical issues against Awami League is discussed here which Awami League does not want Bangladeshi people to see.

Some random posters comment unlikely be the reason why a diplomat will be called for protest and such a big hue and cry will be made out of it? This forum is now deeply attached with keyword BANGLADESH. If you search any major issues on Bangladesh this site will pop up at the top. This is likely the reason for the ban.

I am suspecting Government wants to know the identity of the user who are critical to Awami League. They want to exert pressure on Pakistan to give it even though it is not said publicly.

Government has not said officially this site is ban. But they are referring it as Government administered site. So I won’t be surprised if Bangladeshi government brought charges like conspiracy against country against any individual who is coming here for posting. This is another thing whether such charges will hold any value at court.

It is from yesterday @TopCat mentioned the site is blocked. He used vpn to connect. Not before.
Well I was using proxy ( now vpn) from 5 February and that was Tuesday too! So maybe there was another problem ? Like technical problem?
Hm just read it now thank you.
Government likely blocked it as lots of critical issues against Awami League is discussed here which Awami League does not want Bangladeshi people to see.
But @Black_cats, how many Bangladeshis know about this site? And how many active Bangladeshis here? Current active poster are either AL supporters or AL sided ( আওয়ামী ঘেঁষা)! But yes our government has this controlling tendencies, specially it's true for ministers, sometimes they act as more AL than Hasina herself. ঐযে বুঝেনই তো, বাবু যত বলে পারিষদ দলে বলে তার শতগুন? ". But it's a matter to be worried.
Some random posters comment unlikely be the reason why a diplomat will be called for protest and such a big hue and cry will be made out of it? This forum is now deeply attached with keyword BANGLADESH. If you search any major issues on Bangladesh this site will pop up at the top. This is likely the reason for the ban.
Yes you are right . And also tolerating derogation remarks of founder leader can be a sign of weakness from Bangladesh govt.

So forum host should seriously take care of those ultra mujib hater in this forum. Specially few users are too much abusive that is not acceptable for any sane person IMHO.

Government has not said officially this site is ban. But they are referring it as Government administered site. So I won’t be surprised if Bangladeshi government brought charges like conspiracy against country against any individual who is coming here for posting. This is another thing whether such charges will hold any value at court.
Well yes you are right . You remember the case against UNO who was accused to defame bongobondhu by a picture contest of kids ? But in reality he was trying to elevate bongobondhu. Finally he ( UNO) was freed from that allegation by the direct order of PM Sheikh Hasina?

ঐযে বললাম আমাদের দেশের সমস্যাই হল, "বাবু যত বলে পারিষদ দলে বলে তার শতগুন"!

Last edited:
Well I was using proxy ( now vpn) from 5 February and that was Tuesday too! So maybe there was another problem ?

Hm just read it now thank you.

But @Black_cats, how many Bangladeshis know about this site? And how many active Bangladeshis here? Current active poster are either AL supporters or AL sided ( আওয়ামী ঘেঁষা)! But yes our government has this controlling tendencies, specially it's true for ministers, sometimes they act as more AL than Hasina herself. ঐযে বুঝেনই তো, বাবু যত বলে পারিষদ দলে বলে তার শতগুন? ". But it's a matter to be worried.

Yes you are right . And also tolerating derogation remarks of founder leader can be a sign of weakness from Bangladesh govt.

So forum host should seriously take care of those ultra mujib hater in this forum. Specially few users are too much abusive that is not acceptable for any sane person IMHO.

Huge number of Bangladeshis visit this forum regularly. May be they are not active participants. Jernalists, political activists from all parties, defence and law enforcement officials visit or keep track of the site. I am quite sure DGFI and NSI monitor the site 24*7. In addition many ordinary Bangladeshis visit the site. Previously this site was hub of jammat and anti Awami League minded group of people.

Huge number of Bangladeshis visit this forum regularly. May be they are not active participants. Jernalists, political activists from all parties, defence and law enforcement officials visit or keep track of the site. I am quite sure DGFI and NSI monitor the site 24*7. In addition many ordinary Bangladeshis visit the site. Previously this site was hub of jammat and anti Awami League minded group of people.
OMG! Never had the idea, that this site is too deep that DGFI, NSI could watch!
However where are the jamatis now? Do not see their activities here!

Ps: @Black_cats, now I am requesting a suggestion from you, I am new here and you are old user.
Please tell me should we stay away from keyboard untill this issue is solved ?

Last edited:
OMG! Never had the idea, that this site is too deep that DGFI, NSI could watch!
However where are the jamatis now? Do not see their activities here!

If you would be here from 2008-2015/16 you would have noticed. They don’t come here any more.

Al Zakir is just one exception

If you would be here from 2008-2015/16 you would have noticed. They don’t come here any more.

Al Zakir is just one exception
Understood bro ,so please write your opinion ,read my edited previous post ( #1253).

Last edited:
Understood bro ,so please write your opinion ,read my edited previous post ( #1253).

How can I say it? I am busy as well. As long as time permits will come. After that won’t or won’t remain active. I live in North America so the issue is not more relevant for me. If you think it can be risky for you you should stay away. I may be old but from 2013-2017 I was not active.

How can I say it? I am busy as well. As long as time permits will come. After that won’t or won’t remain active. I live in North America so the issue is not more relevant for me. If you think it can be risky for you you should stay away. I may be old but from 2013-2017 I was not active.
Okay thanks. No there is no way that it's risky for me,as I am very common man and just come here to pass my free times.

as forum host is not taking the proper action against those hatemongers who day and night defame Bangladesh and it's founder with no reason.
Even some peoples do not want to spare the unborn babies of mujib family and still they are roaming here and spewing poison. So perhaps less activities will be good idea for Bangladeshis , rather the being insulted everytime.

And also going to be very busy in real life, so will have much less time to visit often .

Last edited:
Okay thanks. No there is no way that it's risky for me,as I am very common man and just come here to pass my free times. But yes decided not to visit more frequently as forum host is not taking the proper action against those hatemongers who day and night defame Bangladesh and it's founder with no reason.
Even some peoples do not want to spare the unborn babies of mujib family and still they are roaming here and spewing poison. So perhaps less activities will be good idea, rather the being insulted everytime.

I do work full time plus over time, then do self study or completing online courses. In between post here sometime. Beyond posting some news I don’t participate in comments usually as time won’t permit. End of the day this is volunteer time which has no financial value.

There was a guy called @idune. I don’t know how much time he wasted to collect crimes and corruption of Awami League and compiled them in a single thread for years. Now he does not come anymore. What is the value of it.

I do work full time plus over time, then do self study or completing online courses. In between post here sometime. Beyond posting some news I don’t participate in comments usually as time won’t permit.End of the day this is volunteer time which has no financial value.
Yes exactly. And I think all of us ( other than few jamatis who come to spew poison) come here to pass time as volunteers.
There was a guy called @idune. I don’t know how much time he wasted to collect crimes and corruption of Awami League and compiled them in a single thread for years. Now he does not come anymore. What is the value of it
Lol,probably peoples will soon realise that it's no use if they go against govt in an online forum other than breaking keyboard.
:D

I know another place where some PDF members have went.
Where is the place @Mage

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom