What's new

Chill Bangladesh Thread

Friction stir welding. stronger than the material itself. Used in welding defense armor as well as ships/subs.

Beautiful fabrication using 6061 aircraft grade aluminium alloy. TiG welding method used. I am speechless at the skill level. By the way - a lot of people in the US do this type of thing in their garages as a hobby. The first drones, the first Wi-Fi equipment were all US hobbyist creations.

এই সিনেমাগুলোই আমাদের সংস্কৃতিকে বহন করে নিয়ে যাচ্ছে।
Excited!

Friction stir welding. stronger than the material itself. Used in welding defense armor as well as ships/subs.

Beautiful fabrication using 6061 aircraft grade aluminium alloy. TiG welding method used. I am speechless at the skill level. By the way - a lot of people in the US do this type of thing in their garages as a hobby. The first drones, the first Wi-Fi equipment were all US hobbyist creations.
I thought friction welding is still a proof of concept and there aren’t any current application of this.

Do you watch tvarish on YouTube? His cheap Lamborghini had custom tig weld exhaust... so satisfying to watch... those skill sets are not present in bd most probably, at least on a large scale

I thought friction welding is still a proof of concept and there aren’t any current application of this.

The process was invented in the UK in 1991 so yes it has seen very widespread use already especially for welding aluminium alloys in aerospace and shipbuilding among other things. Maybe also for steel.

Here is an article from ten years ago. IMHO we should start teaching this technique in the subcontinent pretty soon.

https://www.twi-global.com/technica...-aluminium-components-and-panels-august-2006/

Do you watch tvarish on YouTube? His cheap Lamborghini had custom tig weld exhaust... so satisfying to watch... those skill sets are not present in bd most probably, at least on a large scale

I did not. I will check it out though. I know that some top level welders in Bangladesh are familiar with TIG welding but MIG method is a lot cheaper than TIG so if MIG works, why go to TIG? MIG and TIG are used for aluminium joints typically.

Actually I did work on QC for blisk manufacture using friction welding. It has been standard for a while now, because no other method really compares for leaving behind as close to zero defect/initiation point for things like creep. Remember even an improperly done chemical etch can cause a catastrophic failure (like it did in one aircraft incident I remember studying in US southwest) because of the raw fatigue cycle rate. It (Fric welding) is still being improved upon as well.

but MIG method is a lot cheaper than TIG so if MIG works, why go to TIG?

Lol....such facepalm.

if MIG works, why go to TIG? MIG and TIG are used for aluminium joints typically.
I can’t belive you said that... because the application are entirely different. For ex... if metal alloy has impurities... regular welding will just lead to oxidation and weakened welds
TIG overcomes that

What has this world come to.

My parents are looking for girls to get me married....facepalm

And here I am waiting for my sisters who are 2 years younger than me to get married until my parents start searching for me.

I can’t belive you said that... because the application are entirely different. For ex... if metal alloy has impurities... regular welding will just lead to oxidation and weakened welds
TIG overcomes that

The applications are different.

What I meant was that MIG is inherently easier process to learn (being an automated wirefeed process with consumable wire) as it is not as 'sensitive' to worker skill and is typically used for thicker gauge workpieces (especially 6061 grade aerospace aluminium alloy). And MIG equipment, training and expendables are easier to get locally in Bangladesh (cheaper) than TIG.

Most of our 'noob' workers can learn MIG welding easily for shipbuilding and other industrial fabrication methods.

TIG welding (with special rods) in contrast, is MUCH harder to learn as the workpieces are a lot thinner gauge typically. TIG equipment is way more expensive. Since TIG welding is used for delicate thin gauge material. If you used MIG for those delicate pieces you'd destroy the thinner gauge pieces to be welded.

TIG (as opposed to MIG) is only used for component manufacture - not large industrial workpieces for Naval or Marine fabrication use - as far as I have seen.

Last edited:
The applications are different.

What I meant was that MIG is inherently easier process to learn (being an automated wirefeed process with consumable wire) as it is not as 'sensitive' to worker skill and is typically used for thicker gauge workpieces (especially 6061 grade aerospace aluminium alloy). And MIG equipment, training and expendables are easier to get locally in Bangladesh (cheaper) than TIG.

Most of our 'noob' workers can learn MIG welding easily for shipbuilding and other industrial fabrication methods.

TIG welding (with special rods) in contrast, is MUCH harder to learn as the workpieces are a lot thinner gauge typically. TIG equipment is way more expensive. Since TIG welding is used for delicate thin gauge material. If you used MIG for those delicate pieces you'd destroy the thinner gauge pieces to be welded.

TIG (as opposed to MIG) is only used for component manufacture - not large industrial workpieces for Naval or Marine fabrication use - as far as I have seen.
True

And here I am waiting for my sisters who are 2 years younger than me to get married until my parents start searching for me.
Haram :/

If you like a girl... now is the time to speak up....

I finally confessed to my mom about my love and she knows the girl, she knows weren’t together and she knows the girl is Christian and yet she loved her at first introduction.... **** my life :/

If only I had been taking an initiative

He is good at furiously googling, I'll give that to him lol.

Unfortunately he has no idea about the very dissonance he keeps harping on about "Value added" for BD manufacturing. He cannot hold that up and then cry that MiG welding is sufficient for BD now at same time....if you know anything about where the value added comes from in say shipbuilding (basic structure versus internal fab + piping + intricate systems).

There is a reason for:

http://ingalls.huntingtoningalls.com/careers/ingalls-apprentice-school/academics/welder/

In fact if you read up TiG welding history and its specific application to especially realising naval design frontier (Esp when using Al and Ti alloys), it will explain a lot. Yes it will not compete (economically) on thicker and longer welds, but at any rate, SAW and other automated methods are used largely for those esp for flat positioning. MiG welding literally is just a third at most (often much less) for a typical section:

ship.jpg

i.e when the capital costs are already so high for the bulk of the welding procedures (which you need an assortment of capability), implying that mig vs tig "training cost" for a worker (for manual joint bits) is so significant of an issue is hallmark of an ignorant googler.

Heck, If the craft is small one and light (Al fab), for high QC (to compete with the established countries) you can bet your bottom dollar you will need basic TiG welding skill.

Such chalta-hai/kanjoosi attitude by ppl (esp when they are the same that hypocritically mock such when the narrative requires that) when it comes to worker skilling (for non-automated welding) will keep BD stagnant in its capabilities. Hope the BD shipbuilding does not rely like this on cursory googling....they will plateau and fast.

@bluesky @Mage

heh, my parents discussed it but it's my family back in BD that wants to implement it. But it's nothing compared to being asked to help find a cousin a husband.

heh, my parents discussed it but it's my family back in BD that wants to implement it. But it's nothing compared to being asked to help find a cousin a husband.
**** them, don’t involve distant family in important matters like marriage... parents are enough....
My parents are thinking about getting me tied down too... I’m just too rebellious so they’ve to proceed with caution and on my terms

The ‘Opradhi’ Bangladeshi song has reached half century, 50million views on youtube. Record breaking for a Bangla song on youtube from anywhere in the world. Deserves a thread of its own? Anyone want to open.

:tup:Congratulations Bangladesh bangla musician, singer, writer on the first to get ever on youtube Bangla song/video 50million views.:-)
you got one way over the Bongs from other side (are they even competition?, or are they more hindified with bolly hindi culture stuffs? Lol) none of them songs on youtube in terms of views any close to big views on BD songs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom