What's new

Chill Bangladesh Thread

And here I am waiting for my sisters who are 2 years younger than me to get married until my parents start searching for me.
Well my sister got married 10 years ago and my elder brother got married 4 years ago....now my father is like "I have to get you married, then I can die in peace".

If you like a girl... now is the time to speak up....

I finally confessed to my mom about my love and she knows the girl, she knows weren’t together and she knows the girl is Christian and yet she loved her at first introduction.... **** my life :/

If only I had been taking an initiative
I can't. My father will have a heart attack.

If my family get to learn about my lifestyle they will disown me.

heh, my parents discussed it but it's my family back in BD that wants to implement it. But it's nothing compared to being asked to help find a cousin a husband.
Marriage is not necessary nowadays tbh. I mean marrying for the sake of social norms.....if you like a girl and you both feel its time then it is fine....but in our system.....your parents learn about a girl from third part source.,,..then you meet her and maybe talk for a few minutes then you have to give an answer, yes or no......what a terrible system....that's my living together without marriage is the best.....if things don't go smoothly breaking up is easy....and if you feel you are destined for each other...then you can marry..

If my family get to learn about my lifestyle they will disown me
Man, your parents are ultra conservatives... mine are fairly conservatives but I know enough about the religion to speak up for myself, with which they want to control me.

Sometimes it’s not too bad to read up few books...
Your parents can’t force you into marriage and the system you’re talking about is mostly cultural than a religious one

Anthony Courbain is dead guys :/

You mean bourdain? :P Yeah RIP. I liked some of his visits to weird places of even mainstream countries, even though I dont agree with him politically/socially on a lot of stuff.

Foodie world lost a talent for sure.

You mean bourdain? :P Yeah RIP. I liked some of his visits to weird places of even mainstream countries, even though I dont agree with him politically/socially on a lot of stuff.

Foodie world lost a talent for sure.
Dude was a humanitarian... unlike other white folks, he was down to earth

**** them, don’t involve distant family in important matters like marriage... parents are enough....
My parents are thinking about getting me tied down too... I’m just too rebellious so they’ve to proceed with caution and on my terms
They were liberal enough in allowing me to decline and what not. But just to be safe, I don't think I'll visit BD next year

If my family get to learn about my lifestyle they will disown me.

Marriage is not necessary nowadays tbh. I mean marrying for the sake of social norms.....if you like a girl and you both feel its time then it is fine....but in our system.....your parents learn about a girl from third part source.,,..then you meet her and maybe talk for a few minutes then you have to give an answer, yes or no......what a terrible system....that's my living together without marriage is the best.....if things don't go smoothly breaking up is easy....and if you feel you are destined for each other...then you can marry..
Marriage has its benefits, at least here it does. I've read that unmarried couples living together end up with a higher rate of divorce compared to those that wait before living together. Though that's because they "slid into marriage without much consideration."

But hey, how would your family feel about a convert?

Anthony Courbain is dead guys :/
RIP, I liked his shows. His book Kitchen Confidential is also a great read on the behind the scenes restaurant kitchens.

Dude was a humanitarian... unlike other white folks, he was down to earth

I disagree with all these points (Esp the "unlike other white folks" broad-brush), but I will refrain from talking ill of the deceased....or smacking you around a bit for this nonsense talk.

I disagree with all these points (Esp the "unlike other white folks" broad-brush), but I will refrain from talking ill of the deceased....or smacking you around a bit for this nonsense talk.
He defended the Muslims of the world, he has seen us like regular people and protested against the wrongs in his campaigns. That’s enough for me to say he was a goodfella
What about yours? My mom generally wouldn’t agree to me marrying a Christian or Jew but she liked the girl I loved and admitted she would have been okay with it.

@Mage Finally go down to read Our Happy Times.
Thanks for the recommendation.

What about yours? My mom generally wouldn’t agree to me marrying a Christian or Jew but she liked the girl I loved and admitted she would have been okay with it.
My parents are less religious than me. Though they would prefer I marry another Bengali girl, though it could be a non-Muslim, even a Hindu Bengali from India.

He defended the Muslims of the world, he has seen us like regular people and protested against the wrongs in his campaigns. That’s enough for me to say he was a goodfella

Leftie see, leftie do. It's no surprise lefties have a higher tendency to off themselves either. Nilhist, materialist, feelz bubbles get burst readily..,.and then it all comes crashing down depending on how much actual genuine self-esteem they have left.

No genuine leftie is capable of being a "good" genuine fella sorry to say. Doesn't mean I cannot appreciate the good stuff they have done or their talents, but they are not good or better people on the overall balance of it....given in a free established society they are always the ones seeking to use authoritarian govt/groupthink to undermine it....and then wail at the inevitable blowback like the hypocrite losers they always were all along.

@Desert Fox @Psychic

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom