What's new

Chief of Army Staff | General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread from Kiyanis to balochis to rajputs , Hindus what are we doing here discussing COAS :-)

I beg to disagree on that
I have Rajput family members and they call themselves Kayani too. I have never challenged them.

You can differ all u want bro, but it does not change any thing. Read some history about the different tribes and their origins and than we will have this discussion again.
Besides i happen to be from one such tribe so i should know a thing a two.

No PR89/2011-ISPR Dated: Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani visited Heavy Industries Taxila today.

He presided over the handing over ceremony of Tanks, Armed Personnel Carriers and protection vehicles to Field Formations and Frontier Corps. He also visited various sections of the factory and appreciated the progress of ongoing projects.

Later COAS met families of shuhada and injured persons of Operation Rah-e-Nijat and acknowledged their sacrifices. He also interacted with students from remote areas of Balochistan and Federally Administrated Tribal Areas, studying in education institutions of Heavy Industries Taxila. During informal interaction with employees of Heavy Industries, he appreciated their commitment and hard work.

Earlier on arrival, COAS was received by the Chairman Heavy Industries, Lieutenant General Ayyaz Salim Rana.

:: ISPR :: Inter Services Public Relations - PAKISTAN

2473.jpg

Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani interacted with students studying in education institutions of Heavy Industries Taxila. (12-4-2011) – Photo ISPR

2472.jpg

Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani giving away prizes to winners of Chief of Army Staff Open Golf Championship 2011 on Sunday. (3-4-2011)- Photo ISPR

2463.jpg

Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani giving away prizes to winners of Chief of Army Staff Open Golf Championship 2011 on Sunday. (3-4-2011)- Photo ISPR

2463.jpg

yes he is nice to do this job as he is failed to defend pakistan and pakistanis.

COAS lauds tribal elders for support against militancy

ISLAMABAD: Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani, on Thursday appreciated the support extended by tribal elders in the war against terrorism, said an ISPR press release.

Addressing the tribal elders during his visit to Ghulam Khan in North Waziristan Agency (NWA) and Peshawar, he acknowledged their sacrifices in war against terrorism. He reiterated the army’s resolve to bring peace and stability to the affected areas and protect lives and properties of tribal people against all internal as well as external threats.

The COAS inaugurated the Bannu-Mir Ali-Miran Shah-Ghulam Khan road being constructed as part of quick impact projects, undertaken by the Pakistan Army for social development of the Federally Administrated Tribal Areas.

Frontier Works Organisation will complete the road in one and half year, linking remote areas of NWA to other parts of the country. With a total length of 80 kilometres the road is being built at the cost of Rs 4 billion. The project will also provide employment opportunities to approximately 2,000 locals.

The road will provide central trade route between Pakistan and Afghanistan. This will open multiple opportunities for the people of NWA. In Peshawar, the COAS was briefed about the ongoing security operations.

He also met with Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Chief Minister (CM), Azam Khan Hoti, and discussed security situation in the province. The COAS also presided over the ceremony of handing over of consolidated account of army’s efforts in the flood relief operations in the province. After a detailed briefing to the provincial leadership, the summary of army’s contributions to reconstruction projects in progress was handed over to KP CM. app

General Kayani is at least in words saying and I hope doing what is very helpful to get the local population in the largely lawless and unruly frontier areas to see some tangible things being done for their benefit...I would hope some locals are hired on to do some of the actual work of buidling the new 50 mile long road from Afghnistan into the tribal areas which are theoretically inside Pakistan.

I started a few years ago a section in SMALL WARS JOURNAL on the Internet which section reported on funeral notices of various Pakistani Frontier Corp personnel killed in action. I was at that time getting feeds of obituaries from a Pakistani by birth PhD professor in the NYC area. The obituaries I repeated onto SMALL WARS JOURNAL were primarily on Captains in the Frontier Corp whose death rate sounded like the loss of all US Army Second Lieutenants in the Second Battle of the Marne River on the outskirts of Paris in WW I. Tough stuff.

Separately I was at that time getting direct e-mails, confidential of necessity, from minority ethnic civilians who were being severaly put upon, murdered relentlessly, by violent Taliban who the GOP would say were gone then they were back as the GOP prematurely removed Pakistani Army Personnel (Frontier Corp) from these areas where only, ever, a permanent Pak military garrison can prevent, permanently, the return of the violent, backward thinking, religious heretics known as the Taliban...and their allies, al Qaida, most of whom are Arabs not indigenious to Pakistan to begin with.

Summed up, I think General Kayani is now on the right track in general. I may disagree with his coddling of the ISI and it's activites in Kashmir, but that is another comment for another topic related to such which someone else will have to start for me to comment further on that. Similarly the use of drones is seen as effective and necessary by General Kayani in my understanding, he really (only) wants either operational control of the targets and use/firings of the drones...and/or wants NATO/the US to help him quickly build his own drone factory for use by the Pak military.

See separate news story here within PDF of a Paksitani Major General praising and endorsing the use and effectiveness of US drones against the terrrorists who are the common enemies of both Pakistan and NATO...and please remember that Pakistan is an Affiliate of NATO, which has economic benefits for Pakistan.

PM, COAS, DG ISI to leave for Afghanistan

This will be the first time Pakistan's political and military leadership would visit Afghanistan. Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani, Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and the Director General Inter-services Intelligence (ISI) Ahmed Shuja Pasha will leave for their official tour to Afghanistan on Saturday. According to military sources, both the countries will hold strategic dialogues and configuration of two groups at the highest level will be finalised.

General Kayani is at least in words saying and I hope doing what is very helpful to get the local population in the largely lawless and unruly frontier areas to see some tangible things being done for their benefit...I would hope some locals are hired on to do some of the actual work of buidling the new 50 mile long road from Afghnistan into the tribal areas which are theoretically inside Pakistan.

I started a few years ago a section in SMALL WARS JOURNAL on the Internet which section reported on funeral notices of various Pakistani Frontier Corp personnel killed in action. I was at that time getting feeds of obituaries from a Pakistani by birth PhD professor in the NYC area. The obituaries I repeated onto SMALL WARS JOURNAL were primarily on Captains in the Frontier Corp whose death rate sounded like the loss of all US Army Second Lieutenants in the Second Battle of the Marne River on the outskirts of Paris in WW I. Tough stuff.

Separately I was at that time getting direct e-mails, confidential of necessity, from minority ethnic civilians who were being severaly put upon, murdered relentlessly, by violent Taliban who the GOP would say were gone then they were back as the GOP prematurely removed Pakistani Army Personnel (Frontier Corp) from these areas where only, ever, a permanent Pak military garrison can prevent, permanently, the return of the violent, backward thinking, religious heretics known as the Taliban...and their allies, al Qaida, most of whom are Arabs not indigenious to Pakistan to begin with.

Summed up, I think General Kayani is now on the right track in general. I may disagree with his coddling of the ISI and it's activites in Kashmir, but that is another comment for another topic related to such which someone else will have to start for me to comment further on that. Similarly the use of drones is seen as effective and necessary by General Kayani in my understand, he really (only) wants either operational control of the targets and use/firings of the drones...and/or wants NATO/the US to help him quickly build his own drone factory for use by the Pak military.

See separate news story here within PDF of a Paksitani Major General praising and endorsing the use and effectiveness of US drones against the terrrorists who are the common enemies of both Pakistan and NATO...and please remember that Pakistan is an Affiliate of NATO, which has economic benefits for Pakistan.

this statement is the key - drones under op-control of the PA can be 'justified' on the local and general population. otherwise in the current dispensation, the drones are seen as a 'attack' on a soverign state. the army and airforce is being blamed for its 'impotence' in this matter.

A key factor here is lack of trust between NATO and the Pakistani top military leadership. This ISI "friendship" for future military contingency purposes with terrorists is making the entire US Congress furious with Paksitan. These same Taliban terrorists have publicly bragged via the Paksitani media that they are the para-military resource/back up to cause trouble in Kashmir.

Separately, I do understand the concept of national soverignty there, but the worldview is that until now the GOP "historically" did little for or in the lawless frontier areas and now all of a sudden these are sacred national grounds. If so why didn't the GOP develop and bring forward before now into the modern or at least quasi-modern world these backward violence prone areas?

But, better late than never is my view. I do think many of the NATO drone strikes have been and continue to be coordinated. Some of the Pakistani media hype on the topic of drones is for gullible public consumption due to a general mood of unrest in SW Asia and the Middle East among the broader public, who like to in all areas noted, like to have focused targets to "blame" their life miseries on...and of late in Pakistan, NATO/US are the most visible "blame point." Of course NATO/US are also the fiscal anchor which has kept the entire unstable, too military spending dependant national Pakistan economy from being "swept" out to sea....again my humble opinion or view here.

The worldwide media notices the under reporting and short attention span within Pakistan of terrorist routine atrocities against the innocent civilian population vs. the absurd over reporting and misrepresenation of facts regarding the now returned to the USA former US diplomat, Mr. Davis.

Too, the Pakistani media have misinformed the public of what is a diplomatic person. In a typical US Embassy and Consultate worldwide, not just in Pakistan, you have officers dealing by career appointment or by cost saving purchase of servies contracts to achieve the same work as careerist foreign service officers...who work in areas such as agriculture, the FBI, the CIA (Security), Economics, Health, US Aid, the military attaches, Army, Navy, Air Force (Navy includes the US Marines) a plethora of work focus areas. All these topical work areas and others I can't think of sitting at my keyboard just now are legitimate diplomatic immunity personnel functions.

Attempted armed robbery, perhaps to help fund terrorist missions which have recently relocated into metro areas to include Lahore, is a very serious threat to the stability and law and order security of Paksitan today. Blaming others who are the victums is not rational.

Separately, I do understand the concept of national soverignty there, but the worldview is that until now the GOP "historically" did little for or in the lawless frontier areas and now all of a sudden these are sacred national grounds. If so why didn't the GOP develop and bring forward before now into the modern or at least quasi-modern world these backward violence prone areas

fair enough but these areas were at 'peace' or 'peaceful' until the WoT/military action in afghanistan. Pakistan is a poor country and many areas in the mainland havnt received the attention which they deserve.

it is a fact as reported in the NYT that the CIA has 'bypassed' the ISI and set up a 'spy network' to get intel on many 'restricted' programs of the country, foremost being the location of our 'nukes' - is that how 'allies' operate.!? or infact what the US wants is a ally and a satellite equation.

the US prefers democracy in its own country but 'historically' has preffered to 'work' with democratic dictators because its easier to get 'the job done'!

2478.jpg

Chief Minister of Balochistan, Nawab Mohammad Aslam Khan Raisani, and Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani inaugurating Technical Training Centre at Gwadar on Monday. (18-4-2011) - Photo ISPR

2479.jpg

Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani addressing to the occasion during his visit to Gwadar on Monday. (18-4-2011) - Photo ISPR

Mullen to tour Pakistan on a one-day tour, this week

ISLAMABAD: The American Chairman Joint Chief of Staff Committee (JCSC) Admiral Michael Mullen is scheduled to tour Pakistan in the current week.

During his one-day tour he would be deliberating in detail over cooperation and coordination between armed forces of Pakistan and America, ongoing reconciliation dialogue with Taliban in Afghanistan, and agenda for the forthcoming Pak-USA strategic dialogue in May 2011.

Among other important issue to be deliberated, include intelligence sharing cooperation in operations against extremists on both sides of the Pak-Afghan border.

The military leadership of Pakistan would also be again raising the issue of drone attacks, while sources have also expressed a possibility of Mullen’s meetings with important governemnt functionaries/officials.

No PR93/2011-ISPR Dated: April 18, 2011
Rawalpindi - April 18, 2011
:
Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani visited Gwadar and Sui in Balochistan today.
At Gwadar, He inaugurated Institute of Technology, established by Army with the investment of Balochistan Government, to provide technical education to the local youth. In his address COAS highlighted various projects initiated by Pakistan Army for socio-economic uplift of the people of Balochistan. He also promised establishment of Balochistan Institute of Mineralogy, at Quetta in near future. The purpose of establishing these institutes was to create a workforce that can exploit local resources for the benefit of common man. Nawab Mohammad Aslam Khan Raisani, Chief Minister of Balochistan inaugurated Technical Training Centre at the occasion. In his speech, the Chief Minister appreciated efforts by the Army for development of the Province.

Later COAS visited Military College Sui, Balochistan and attended opening ceremony of its first entry. The college was inaugurated on 3rd January 2011 to provide quality education particularly to the students of Dera Bugti District and Balochistan. COAS appreciated establishment of the college in a record period and hoped that the college will soon join the ranks of top educational institutions of the Country.
At both occasions, COAS reiterated that not even a single Army unit was conducting any operation in the province. He also expressed his intent to pull out the troops presently stationed at Sui soon, after the responsibilities there are taken over by Frontier Corps Balochistan. Speaking to the elders and public representatives, at both places, he underscored the significance of National harmony for strong defence of the Country. Elaborating the concept of comprehensive security, he emphasized the vital requirement of unified national support to the armed forces, without which no force can fulfill the mission of defending a state / nation. He said that people’s support was real strength of the Army.

Earlier on arrival, COAS was received by Commander Southern Command, Lieutenant General Javed Zia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom