What's new

Chief of Army Staff | General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Imran
It was hussain haqqani who give visas (according to new law interior ministry and isi cannot check visas)
yes , it is our old habit to blame army and isi in all matter (whether economical , political , security , judiciary etc etc)

Noone is blaming army. We know their services to our nation. People are angry about the mismanagement. Mismanagement of every institution, not just army.

@ saud
What army chief has done to break your trust ?
@ mehru
Yes , mismanagement is there. We are Pakistani , we have to correct it (rather saying gardar etc).

@ Imran
Yes ! Mismanagement is there. But your army is doing lot for you. Your army has made Swat , South Waziristan operations against terrorists (which are funded by your enemies). Your army is on target of your enemies (like recent attack on ISI building in Faisalabad). Army is giving education to 20000 childrens in Balochistan.
Please trust your army and keep eye on your army (you have democratic right to criticise army but please in decent manner)
thanks my dear

@ Imran
Yes ! Mismanagement is there. But your army is doing lot for you. Your army has made Swat , South Waziristan operations against terrorists (which are funded by your enemies).
and answer me first who make them terrorists? its our army which take over gov and try to solve every issue with there great brains. first they make them in 80 then they leave them in 90s and now they finishing them2000s . there is many countres they have border with afghanistan but our army is more intreasted to enter every hell of world. even in worse time they was controlled but its our army which play with fire in lal masjid and flame it. its our army who allow USA to drone attacks and they are just replying now. tell me how many will join taliban after today attack? i am sure 100+.

Your army is on target of your enemies (like recent attack on ISI building in Faisalabad).

its there own kids which teach from them these tactics against soviat.

Army is giving education to 20000 childrens in Balochistan.

its not there job .and pakistan has 4 crorre kids if we take army budjet we can make them all MA ENGLISH. they take billions and give us back these lolly pops. if you take price of g-3 gund its cost very expencive we can educate all these kids by the money of these arms. look at army uniform we give them free all these uniforms we can give all our school kids free uniform.wo hum per koi ehsaan nhi ker rahy.

Please trust your army and keep eye on your army (you have democratic right to criticise army but please in decent manner)
thanks my dear
trust to whom? they cant defend there self from USA attacks . when last time we see they got under fire from us and they kill 5 us nato solders? all they are doing is work uder US and take pakistan more down in mess . if i got presedent i take all budjet of army to education and 20 years latter pakistan will be other japan. look at f-16 deal we can make power plants and solve our economic and power problem with this money. these birds are parked in base when we take bath in blood.now you teach me what nation earn to pay billions on air force? yes its joy ride for rich men kids as they are ride every day with our bloody feul money.

For all my criticisms of the Pakistan armed forces, I think it is only right for me to say that Pakistan and its people would surely be in a far worse condition than they are already were it not for the armed forces. That is a fact, similar to the undeniable fact that the armed forces are indeed involved in commercial and other ventures for the enrichment of a select few that they should not be involved in at all.

In 1980s , The next target of Soviet union was Gwadar. He make our defence and make free Afghanistan.
Lal masjid was planned by dirty musharraf.
Drone attacks are allowed by your government. Wikileaks accused government for drone attacks , not army.
And last thing budget , your army has managed world 7th army in ($4.8 bn). Its budget is 36th in world as compared to India ($36.8 bn) . Its 9th in world. Power plants and schools are government responsibility , not army. 2.6% GDP is spend on army. Where other GDP goes.

""Pakistan's army chief has condemned the latest raid by US unmanned drones as "intolerable and unjustified""

hunh :angry:

For all my criticisms of the Pakistan armed forces, I think it is only right for me to say that Pakistan and its people would surely be in a far worse condition than they are already were it not for the armed forces. That is a fact, similar to the undeniable fact that the armed forces are indeed involved in commercial and other ventures for the enrichment of a select few that they should not be involved in at all.

these ventures are tax-paying organisations and they pay for building schools, hospitals and welfare of the retired and their kin. whats wrong with that?

Am not a Mushy fan, but just to clear some misconception which you have, plz read this, may be it gives you an idea of what exaggeration is. Do remember, these same companies run by army guys is giving employment to thousands of people, ex-soldiers as well as civilians and generating billions in economic activity. If military is running something, it doesn't means it will be always negative and even people say that army guys get plots and stuff like that, there is a simple procedure behind it, through which the army does not gives plots to its retired soldiers on the expense of the govt. The housing projects are from their own resources and they don't take extra money from the govt or tax payers.

Afreen Baig « The proud son of Great Nation

Though an old article, but a very good one and informative one.

Fauji Foundation

Hope this does not derails the thread, if you like, we can carry the discussion at some other place as this thread is for COAS. :)

these ventures are tax-paying organisations and they pay for building schools, hospitals and welfare of the retired and their kin. whats wrong with that?

Everything...

Its not the job of the Army to get involved in commercial projects... This is what is making our Army act like a Capitalist Army instead of a Muslim Army!!!

The Army should be involved in industrialization of the Ummah... BUT NOT as a money making organization...

I think the list of anti-nation, coward, impotent and traitor politician and commanders is increasing in Pakistan as in Bangladesh. On one side these drone attacks are being carried out with the acceptance of govt and armed forces leadership and on the other hand this army chief cry foul and condemning the attacks on civilian in N. Waziristan. Pakistan also need a revolution to throw out these nation selling politician and generals like Kiyani who doing everything to destroy Pakistan. Every day bad news, release of Raymond Davis, Killing of civilians as they are flies.

that reminds me of an old saying ' it takes ages to build good reputation and it takes a second to bury it ' . the 'drone attack' exponentially compounded the loss of reputation suffered by Army . Gen Kiyani should either take very drastic steps now or resign ...otherwise he is destined for the 'dustbin' of history like that of his prime minister , who gave Gen kiyani extension .

We all knew "what" Zardari was from Day 1. But I certainly expected better from Kayani. I'm extremely disappointed by his behavior. While I still don't doubt his patriotism (the same can't be said of Zardari of course) I thought he held a lot of sway over Americans. But apparently, he doesn't. He's like a scared child in front of him. I think the Americans thought Pakistan were stalling the North Waziristan operation, & just completely lost their patience. However, for someone who so thoroughly think about their military strategies, the US doesn't realize that these drone attacks will destabilize Afghanistan & Pakistan even further, & that is a very risky proposition for both the US & Pakistan. You can't expect to kill everyone, it's not possible to do that. The US & Pakistan are about to face very dire consequences for these drone attacks, & it would be wise for Pakistan to order the US to stop the attacks (which they haven't done of course), instead of 'demanding apologies & condemning' the attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom