What's new

Chief of Army Staff | General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir Cyril has beautifully molded Kiyani's "back to basics" to his back to basics.

Still the article is worth a read.

BTW, i was wondering if Cyrils knows what infact, the back-to-basics was related to..??

Thanks for posting. i read this and it seems that 'our'Cyril Almeida is really confused here but i do agree with your 'contention' that the PPP wants to cut the army down to its size, but every time the PPP or any other civilian govt has tried to do 'that', we know what has been the result.

Kiyani is on record to the US, that 'we (the army) is going to play in our own sandbox'. however history tells us otherwise - everytime the country has come on the brink, politically,economically, and socially, the 'jack-boots' have stepped-in as the 'saviours' and in the current situation, nothing tells us otherwise.

i hope i am wrong!!!

Sir Fatman, there is some weight in the article

for once I appreciate the view point of " if you were in Kiyani's boots";
A lot of people here have criticized Gen Zia, Gen Musharaf, etc but I have not seen any one come up with any argument suggesting a different course of action.

Secondly the author hinted about the Afghan power play; and the author is correct in pointing out the seat Pakistan (Gen Kiyani) has at that table.

However the author did not go far enough to project the outcomes of that table and the effect it will have with India Vs Pakistan theatre.

We must understand that Kiyani holds the cards of how things will shape in Afghanistan which ultimately will provide the stage for future power projection.

Every one, China, Russian, USA, Fat East will bare direct consequences of this game.

We know USA made a mistake by coming here, what we do not know the the penalty of this mistake that will be levied upon NATO + USA.

Just my two cents.

Mr. General when are you giving back the land you will get upon retirement? Yes, you served the country, for that 0.5 acre land seems good.

How much land are you getting Mr. General anyways?

"We must understand that Kiyani holds the cards of how things will shape in Afghanistan which ultimately will provide the stage for future power projection."

What do you think will happen in Afghanistan? Let me give you a good news, the days of brutality in Afghanistan are counted. Good future for them--Worry about your own country.

You have no idea how and where we will hit. The consequences and the history, the future and the massacre. Once the decision is made, either way, a moment of strengthening yourself.

Last edited:
Mr. General when are you giving back the land you will get upon retirement? Yes, you served the country, for that 0.5 acre land seems good.

How much land are you getting Mr. General anyways?

Who is that question intended for ?

What do you think will happen in Afghanistan? Let me give you a good news, the days of brutality in Afghanistan are counted. Good future for them--Worry about your own country.

You have no idea how and where we will hit. The consequences and the history, the future and the massacre. Once the decision is made, either way, a moment of strengthening yourself.

what are you talking about ?

I intended to answer differently but this is not the thread for it.

PM me if you need to understand any thing

President Zardari, PM Gilani, COAS Kayani meet

Monday, 27 Sep, 2010

The officials were reportedly discussing a strategy to pull the country out of the ongoing political crisis.

ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Ashfaq Pervaiz Kayani were meeting at the President House in Islamabad on Monday.

The officials were reportedly discussing a strategy to pull the country out of the ongoing political crisis.

This meeting holds significance among political parties that expect important outcomes.

Earlier, the three officials had held a consultative meeting on March 16, 2009 over the judges’ reinstatement issue.

President Zardari, PM Gilani, COAS Kayani meet

Monday, 27 Sep, 2010

ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Ashfaq Pervaiz Kayani were meeting at the President House in Islamabad on Monday.

This meeting holds significance among political parties that expect important outcomes.

Earlier, the three officials had held a consultative meeting on March 16, 2009 over the judges’ reinstatement issue.

I am not calling for uncalled for speculation
but do you think Gen Kiyani will be able to knock sense in them like last time ?

Let the chips fall where they may - why even try to save those who do not have sense enough to save themselves -- On the other hand, Chaudry is doing and will continue to do his best, to be very inconvenient, maybe even to Kayani - what then? Is Majlis the representative of the people or is the supreme court? Does Majlis make laws or the Supreme court? Kayani and the interests he represents should consider seriously exactly where their interests are.

Who is that question intended for ?

what are you talking about ?

I intended to answer differently but this is not the thread for it.

PM me if you need to understand any thing

Open up a thread! Be a man--Let everyone see...

MakeThumbNail.aspx

if only we could get hold of those meeting minutes.....

what plan does Mr. President, head of the ruling party, have in order to lift our country out of this miserable 2+ year long status quo?

There are no minutes recorded for these meetings. Do you think a recorder is present at these ones? Obviously, no.

then allow me to adjust my post and say ''i wish there was a recorder present''

It would be nice to know more than just ''matters of mutual interest'' every time I read APP

we have a wary, tired public that deserves more information.....

then allow me to adjust my post and say ''i wish there was a recorder present''

It would be nice to know more than just ''matters of mutual interest'' every time I read APP

we have a wary, tired public that deserves more information.....

and you underestimate the not so very secretive services ?

well it could go like this...

AZ; gen sahib pls support us-we will provide the money for your 'toys'
GEN;sir we will support you but your govt. must implement the decisions of the SC
PM; yes i agree
AZ;which decisions?
GEN;NRO for one!
PM;yes i agree
AZ;that means my 'buddies' have to resign from govt
GEN;yes sir!
PM;yes i agree
AZ;my name is on the NRO
GEN;(smiling) yes sir we know
PM;yes i agree
AZ;over my dead body
GEN;as u wish