What's new

Chief of Army Staff | General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've one question....Why Gen. Kyani is still in service? he have served very well till now but he has exceeded his service....why Gov. has given him another 2 years or 4 years as i listened? Maybe it's in the interest of Pakistan but there are also more competent Generals in the Army who deserve this role. If there are rules why we don't obay them and always try to over run them.

I would like to underline that i like Gen. Kyani and he have all my sympathy but some time i have a doubt about U.S. leg behind all this......so maybe we Pakistani nation are beign fooled another time by these americans?:confused:

I have another question: why this guy is so young?

I've one question....Why Gen. Kyani is still in service? he have served very well till now but he has exceeded his service....why Gov. has given him another 2 years or 4 years as i listened? Maybe it's in the interest of Pakistan but there are also more competent Generals in the Army who deserve this role. If there are rules why we don't obay them and always try to over run them.

I would like to underline that i like Gen. Kyani and he have all my sympathy but some time i have a doubt about U.S. leg behind all this......so maybe we Pakistani nation are beign fooled another time by these americans?:confused:

unusual circumstances for a very unusual and critical period in our country's existence

unusual circumstances for a very unusual and critical period in our country's existence

So this time it's not U.S. influence.

You are right these are the most difficult moments in the history of Pakistan. And this time nature is also against us.:cry: God bless our country.

Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani during his visit to flood affected areas of Southern Punjab and Sindh on Tuesday. (24-8-2010)

2174.jpg

2175.jpg

2176.jpg

2177.jpg

2178.jpg

2179.jpg

Gen Kayani, Conway discuss defence issues | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Gen Kayani, Conway discuss defence issues
Published: August 19, 2010

ISLAMABAD - US Marine Corps Commander, General James T Conway, Wednesday called on Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, at General Headquarters on Wednesday.
The visiting dignitary remained with the Army Chief for some time and discussed matters of professional interest.
Military sources said that US Commander expressed his full support for Pakistan that is passing through tough circumstances due to sweeping floods. US will continue to provide timely funds for the flood affectees, he said.
Sources further said that the COAS and General Conway discussed issues pertaining to national security, war against terrorism and defence needs in length.
DAWN.COM | National | Flood duties to affect terror war, US told

Flood duties to affect terror war, US told

By Our Correspondent
Thursday, 26 Aug, 2010

WASHINGTON, Aug 25: Army Chief Gen Ashfaq Pervez Kayani has informed the United States that the deployment of his troops on flood duties could affect their effort to secure the Pak-Afghan border, says a senior US general.

Marine Corps commander Gen James Conway, who returned from a visit to Pakistan last week, observed that “the Pakistani leadership was consumed” with responding to the aftermath of the flood disaster.

“Gen Kayani cautioned me that the involvement of his army in the flood relief will for a time detract from their efforts to secure the Pakistani frontier,” he said.

The US, he said, not only realised the seriousness of the situation but was also doing its best to help its Pakistani allies.

Gen Conway said that since Aug 12, he had deployed 2,200 Marines from the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit to help Pakistan.

Eight CH-46s and four CH-53s helicopters from his command had evacuated 3,075 people and delivered more than 650,000 pounds of cargo, he said.

Another Marine Expeditionary Unit, 26-MEU, leaves the US on Thursday to contribute to the disaster relief, and should be off the coast of Pakistan by mid-to-late-September.

“We offered an amazing capability here. We offered to have the aircraft self-deploy all the way to Pakistan from the eastern coast” of the United States, Gen Conway said.

The new commander of the US Central Command wanted some long-term capacity in the area to help the Pakistanis, said Gen Conway, while explaining why Marine expeditionary units were sent to that area.

The general noted that the decision to commit some Marines from Afghanistan strips US commanders in that country of their “capability to respond elsewhere in theatre” but Washington decided to commit them because it believed Pakistan needed immediate support.

AP adds: Another US official, however, said that Pakistan had assured the United States it would press its campaign against militants despite the extraordinary demands the floods had inflicted on its military.The US military official leading the US flood relief mission in the country said he was confident that Pakistan would continue the fight, but deflected questions about whether the pace or scope of its efforts might change.

Pakistan will maintain a “dedicated, committed struggle against violent extremism,” said Brig-Gen Michael Nagata.

Brig-Gen Nagata spoke to Pentagon reporters by video teleconference from Ghazi air base, where the US is coordinating relief efforts.

Army establishes relief centres

KARACHI: The Pakistan Army has established its relief centres in various parts of the city to collect goods and relief items for the flood-affected people. According to an ISPR press release, these centres were working at COD near Drigh Road (telephone no. 5606702-5), Transit Camp (telephone no. 5605600), Old Race Course Ground (telephone no. 5602091), Forum near Schon Circle (telephone no. 5604714), and Khadda Market near Zamzama DHA (telephone no. 4955605). Relief goods including packets containing dry rations, tents, water cooler, medicines, blankets etc can be deposited with these centres. NGOs and philanthropists may also contact 99203057, 99206563, 5604622 and 5602371 for transportation of their relief goods. A control centre has been established to coordinate relief efforts, and any information pertaining to the dispatch of relief can be communicated on telephone and email kcilogarea@hotmail.com. staff report

pls deliver your relief goods to these centers - rest assured the needy people will get them in time!!!

Is there any possibility to send money instead of Food or other things for us overseas in Europe to Pak Armed Forces? Bcz i would love to send a part of funds to them which we friends are collecting here in diffrent cities and we are also planning to send them to diffrent NGO's like Edhi, ARY program, Kashif Abbasy and Talhat from Prime Tv, other then these mentioned we don't think as reliable other organizations. Atleast these people will also ensure us that the funds are spent in the right way to help the needy people. (We don't have a big amount of money although we are trying our best) On Eid there would be large ammount of Fitrana so we will do our best to collect these funds and send them to Pakistan.

Perhaps maybe a good man who knows but he has also been bought out for the next three years by 10% and is gov of theifs.

Perhaps maybe a good man who knows but he has also been bought out for the next three years by 10% and is gov of theifs.

why always think negative? think positive.

i have faith in kayani, zardari, qureshi and geelani.

why always think negative? think positive.

i have faith in kayani, zardari, qureshi and geelani.

First of all you don't know me to to say such a thing as why always think negative... second you must be eather dumb or blind or need help look at what is going on the nation and you support these bastards... shame on you ! do some homework read up and go outside and see whats going go ask those poor that are in harms way from the floods then come back here to respond with a better answer:angry:

First of all you don't know me to to say such a thing as why always think negative... second you must be eather dumb or blind or need help look at what is going on the nation and you support these bastards... shame on you ! do some homework read up and go outside and see whats going go ask those poor that are in harms way from the floods then come back here to respond with a better answer:angry:

Cool down sir....maybe our friend is not aware about all that's happening in Pakistan now days and what are these corrupt politicians doing. We have to inform these people rather then get angry with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom