What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

for all the best wishes to J-20 projects, engine is the one I worried the most``WS-15 is the most critical part of all the CAC's 5th gen project``my opinion

only if we iron out WS-15 then SAC J-31's WS-13 can see a light, so i'd say 2010-2020 is the decade that will determine the future shape of PLAAF, and hence the final aims of catching-up USAAF
That's also my concern, although some postive news about engine are divulged indirectly, but, I still heavily worry about it, I don't doubt that we can manufacture engine, but the good one, it depend on relevant industries, material, lethal, and experiment equipment, control system etc!
I don't know much about this, but as the CCP manner, If they divulge J20 postively, I think they have much indepence on the project, or they will lose their big face!
I think the indigenous engine are under the testing like J20 parallelly to verify its properities, reliability and durability. It will be mounted on J20 when it be inducted in PLAAF, we can't depend on Russian engine forever, and they also want to give us the chance, hehe.

huzhigeng stated 2001 and 2002 would be for basic and advanced flight control tests. 2003 is where they test intergrated avionics and radar. 2004 will be for weapon system and 2005 would be the pre-production model.

2003 looked on from a different angle:

27_223554_5958bdccc4330dc.jpg

27_223554_bdc84d898a753de.jpg

27_223554_9b753af1ea0156e.jpg

A much clearer image:

deleted

All pieces will come together by the time this bird gets induction,which is due in 201X。:azn:

huzhigeng stated 2001 and 2002 would be for basic and advanced flight control tests. 2003 is where they test intergrated avionics and radar. 2004 will be for weapon system and 2005 would be the pre-production model.

where is the thread, I couldnt find it on 超大, did he mentioned anything about the engine?

Is it just me or the body of this bird is a little different from the previous j20s?

Any links to prove it as a AESA radar ?
|
Also i would like to know more details abt it ? Thanks in advance !

Leaked information indicates that J-20's radar should be made by Nanjing 14 Research Institute's radar project...
Asking whether it is an AESA is meaningless... we just care about how much it can surpass the specification of AN/APG-77 :lol:

Leaked information indicates that J-20's radar should be made by Nanjing 14 Research Institute's radar project...
Asking whether it is an AESA is meaningless... we just care about how much it can surpass the specification of AN/APG-77 :lol:

Guys, we do not know how good it can be, and it's all right to be optimistic, but don't forget our old Chinese quality to be humble and modest. We should appreciate those who've dedicated so much in our military R&D. They never talk big, but deliver results. Just my personal advice:)

Back
Top Bottom