What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

THIS AESA radar is better than the ONE that's installed on the J-16。

But how much better?

What type of aircraft are equipped with these new AESA. Only j-20 and j-16? or there are other ?

What type of aircraft are equipped with these new AESA. Only j-20 and j-16? or there are other ?

it is said J31 would also be installed with AESA.and the radar supplier is different from J20 and J16,whose supplier is nanking 14 institute.and the argument about whether J10B with AESA or PESA never stopped

it is said J31 would also be installed with AESA.and the radar supplier is different from J20 and J16,whose supplier is nanking 14 institute.and the argument about whether J10B with AESA or PESA never stopped

thank you.

I don't think China is hard to make a radar close to what used in F-22 now! The technology of MMIC advances very fast, what China still lag behind is the yield rate, which makes the price very high...

for all the best wishes to J-20 projects, engine is the one I worried the most``WS-15 is the most critical part of all the CAC's 5th gen project``my opinion

only if we iron out WS-15 then SAC J-31's WS-13 can see a light, so i'd say 2010-2020 is the decade that will determine the future shape of PLAAF, and hence the final aims of catching-up USAAF

Not only the engine but also the structural conception and material as well.

J-10B (??), J-11B, J-11BS, J-15, J-16, J-20 and Project 310 are all reported to have or to be equiped with ESA.

I've created a playlist in Youtube dedicated to J-20, so far 87 videos have been collected - Link

In the meanwhile there is a new video on J-20 #2003 (??) from 汉魂雄风

HI HK29979458, are you the same guy as the one poste in armé de l'air Chinois??:D I mean while ago..I know your'e not longer post Chinese's military new there.

Armée de l'air Chinoise

Soyez le bienvenu cher compatriot.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI HK29979458, are you the same guy as the one poste in armé de l'air Chinois??:D I mean while ago..I know your'e not longer post Chinese's military new there.

Armée de l'air Chinoise

Soyez le bienvenu cher compatriot.

Yes, it was me.

I've changed forum in France, now I post mainly in Chine

But it is also nice here so I will try to post more often here... :wave:

More photos of 2003 please ?

So far we have here all photos of 2003.

Third possible J-20 prototype:
newj-20.jpg

A quick update on China's stealth fighter program: Photos newly published on a Chinese Web sites show what might be a third prototype J-20 stealth jet.

China has two different types of stealthy-looking fighters: the large J-20 and the smaller J-31. Many speculate that because of its large size, the J-20 is high-speed interceptor designed to fly out and shoot down enemy bombers -- similar to the old Soviet MiG-25 Foxbat -- or that it is a high-speed stealthy bomber designed to use a combination of stealth and speed to penetrate enemy air defenses and fire cruise missiles or bombs at targets such as bases or ships.

The latest photos show a J-20 with open compartments on the forward sections of its fuselage, which may contain avionics, communications gear or sensors. It is also worth noting that the third aircraft appears to have a different nose radome than its sibling J-20s, meaning that this jet may also contain an Active Electronically Scanned Array radar. All of this suggests the Chinese may be testing the sensors it plans to include on production J-20s. Still, without confirmation from the Chinese air force, this is pure speculation.

Photos of the first two J-20 prototypes, dubbed J-20 2001 and J-20 2002, have been appearing on Chinese Web forums for nearly two years, with the first jet making its maiden flight in early 2011.

The smaller J-31, revealed in September, appears to blatantly copy the shape of two American-made fighters: Lockheed Martin's F-22 Raptor and F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. (It's worth pointing out that Lockheed's F-35 program was badly hacked several years ago. Loads of information was stolen, forcing a costly and time consuming redesign of several systems.) Little is known about the J-31 or what it will be used for.
Source: This might be China's third J-20 stealth fighter | Killer Apps

Back
Top Bottom