What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

No, your opinion is worthless. You have no details on either AESA's.

lol, we can fit AESA into the smaller J-10B and JF-17, while you can only fit for your Mig-31.

It is quite clear that your AESA is oversized and underpowered, while you haven't built a warship with AESA comparable to Type 052C.

Also, J-20 uses WS-10BIII or WS-10G engine, while T-50 uses 117 engine, no big difference between the engines.

Any concrete reports available on working Chinese AESA ? (for fighters)

lol, we can fit AESA into the smaller J-10B and JF-17, while you can only fit for your Mig-31.

Mig-31 doesn’t have AESA, the J-10 isn’t small, the JF-17 has no AESA, and the Zhuk-AE which is in the Mig-35 is only 600 mm.

It is quite clear that your AESA is oversized and underpowered, while you haven't built a warship with AESA comparable to Type 052C.

Yea, 600 mm is oversized. And define, underpowered, are you talking Range? Aperture? And underpowered compared to what? You can’t even give me details on any Chinese based AESA.

It’s clear you know nothing about the subject of radars, how many channels does the Chinese radar use, what’s the resolution, range, aperture, type of transistors, frequency agility, targets engaged, ect? You can’t answer, if you can’t answer I wouldn’t be pounding my chest claiming that China has ‘superior AESA’.

Also, J-20 uses WS-10BIII or WS-10G engine, while T-50 uses 117 engine, no big difference between the engines.

Says the layman. You want to pull up the MTBO’s, service life, T/W ratio, super cruise?

Any concrete reports available on working Chinese AESA ? (for fighters)

There is the official report that the customers of JF-17 can receive their AESA upgrade at any time.

Even now so far there is only Pakistan, but AESA is a must feature for block II and an optional feature for block I.

Worthless opinion, how can they have better avionics when our AESA is superior than theirs?

We don't know that our AESA is better since neither air force has deployed an operational fighter with AESA yet. Moreover, I said the T50 "might" have better avionics. My reasoning is that while CAC has access to a much larger commercial electronics ecosystem and can utilize more COTS technologies, Sukhoi does have about 2 decades more experience in terms of 4 gen Avionics Design. In terms of avionics, it would be a close call either way imho.

Mig-31 doesn’t have AESA, the J-10 isn’t small, the JF-17 has no AESA, and the Zhuk-AE which is in the Mig-35 is only 600 mm.

Yea, 600 mm is oversized. And define, underpowered, are you talking Range? Aperture? And underpowered compared to what? You can’t even give me details on any Chinese based AESA.

It’s clear you know nothing about the subject of radars, how many channels does the Chinese radar use, what’s the resolution, range, aperture, type of transistors, frequency agility, targets engaged, ect? You can’t answer, if you can’t answer I wouldn’t be pounding my chest claiming that China has ‘superior AESA’.

Says the layman. You want to pull up the MTBO’s, service life, T/W ratio, super cruise?

Is Mig-35 an operational aircraft?

But J-11B is an operational aircraft with AESA radar.

http://i26.servimg.com/u/f26/12/96/61/99/milit203.jpg

And our engine has been passed thousands hours of test, otherwise they won't take the risk to install it on an expensive prototype.

Thanks Wet-Shirt Context and Gambit your post are very informative, i'll ask more questions later 1st let me absorb this.
from where you guys get this info ?

Your Welcome, Always Good To Know That My Post's Are Helpful....
And I Am The Source Myself With 1st Hand Information

We don't know that our AESA is better since neither air force has deployed an operational fighter with AESA yet. Moreover, I said the T50 "might" have better avionics. My reasoning is that while CAC has access to a much larger commercial electronics ecosystem and can utilize more COTS technologies, Sukhoi does have about 2 decades more experience in terms of 4 gen Avionics Design. In terms of avionics, it would be a close call either way imho.

J-11B is operational and it does have AESA, just do some researches before talking like a 小白.

It doesn’t need to be, the Zhuk-AE has been produce in enough quantities to demonstrate the ability the manufacture the radar in mass.

And please lets not divert the subject. Just admit you were wrong, your were wrong about the Zhuk’s size, and can’t not provide any proof for your claims.

Perhaps, but what is this based off, the usual ‘insiders’?

And our engine has been passed thousands hours of test, otherwise they won't take the risk to install it on an expensive prototype.

Great, that is totally unrelated to the subject and proves nothing.

Perhaps, but what is this based off, the usual ‘insiders’?

Based from the official report, since we are ready to upgrade the AESA for the basic model of JF-17 of our customers (for now it is only Pakistan) right now.

????????????????????_??_???

Since JF-17 is already being ready for AESA, i don't see why J-11B can't be done.

plus the additional confirmation from the insiders, it is quite clear it does have AESA most likely.

Don't come up with Imaginary concepts until you can prove them... we have seen Russian, American, Isreali and French Radars.. but None from China yet.. so claiming them is meaningless.... brag when you have them...No ugly looking posters or white sheets of papers..... BTW... do you want to see India's AESA ?.. yes the X-band FCR for Combat planes like Tejas.

Don't come up with Imaginary concepts until you can prove them... we have seen Russian, American, Isreali and French Radars.. but None from China yet.. so claiming them is meaningless.... brag when you have them...No ugly looking posters or white sheets of papers..... BTW... do you want to see India's AESA ?.. yes the X-band FCR for Combat planes like Tejas.

The Chinese AESA radar, now i want to see the Indian AESA radar. :coffee:

j10b+f16+comparison+Aesa+Radar.jpg

J10B_AESA_RADAR_1.jpg

Thats the Passive-ESA...lol..

I asked AESA... don't worry I'll show you the Indian AESA... work a little harder.

Sure it is AESA, and i don't wanna waste time with you little Indian troll.

You sound like India has already mastered the AESA, while you still purchase Rafael, a PESA aircraft. :lol:

Even French themselves would equip AESA for their Rafael no earlier than 2014, and i doubt India can even make its own PESA. :coffee:

Sure it is AESA, and i don't wanna waste time with you little Indian troll.

You sound like India has already mastered the AESA, while you still purchase Rafael, a PESA aircraft. :lol:

Even French themselves would equip AESA for their Rafael no earlier than 2014, and i doubt India can even make its own PESA. :coffee:

Says who ?... You.. what are your qualifications ??

On whats grounds can you prove it as an AESA ?.. 120 IQ ?

Ever studied about radar engineering...

Answer one correctly I would show you the Indian X-band AESA FCR... along with Transistor chips...

Back
Top Bottom