What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

《 phoenix rising 》 2012 New Year blockbuster of J20 Mighty Dragon in 2011

thx 汉魂雄风 (who is a most famous chengdu WCP)and GOODBOY(very famous chinese video Editer*)
56.com link:

【56城事拍客】æ*¼20首飞周年震撼纪录 军迷贺岁大片《凰天霸》 -原创视频 在线观看 视频下载-56网视频

27_49648_09a6568935d66a8.jpg

J20 J-20 Mighty Dragon CGI

THX 佟旭(Chinese famous CGer)

Last edited by a moderator:
so far i heard that j-20 doesnt use indegenous ws-10 bt both the prototype 2001-1 and 2001-2 both use the russian only the difference is that the one has lowered RCS nozzel and the other not

is it true?
if nt plzz provide me info regarding this
as i was questioned by an indian about this

Actually,nobody really knows which engine was being used in pt01 J20, That's only guesswork, it is unlikely to use pure AL31F in pt01 J20 ,you know chinese AL31F lacked sufficient thrust and it have't FADEC.

the engine of current pt01 j20 that is still a secret.

Yes, Most of chinese don't know the engine of J20!! It is secret!!
But I believe that chinese engine fit to J20 is on the way, the breakthrough do made, The problem of these engine is mass production and their reliability, If these technology doesn't overcame, China Government will not publicize J-20 programe.
Many people focurse on the technology news, But I had read the news, chinese intergrate many scatterd engine R&D and manufacture, Before, there are many engine R&D and manufacture, which disperse money and vigour. But in those year, china govern have make many reform in military company. And more focus on engine. When J20 get into survice, The matched engine will be good too!!

so far i heard that j-20 doesnt use indegenous ws-10 bt both the prototype 2001-1 and 2001-2 both use the russian only the difference is that the one has lowered RCS nozzel and the other not

is it true?
if nt plzz provide me info regarding this
as i was questioned by an indian about this

Well, according to Senior Colonel Xu Yongling, a well-known veteran test pilot in China, the J-20 indeed uses the Chinese engine, but just not as good as the F119 engine of F-22 for now.

I just don't know why some people always prefer to choose the words from few Internet fanboys over his expertise.

Whenever J-20 flies, does near by Air space is shutdown for civilian aircraft? and also during test flights, is there special thing put on J-20 so that it can be detected by ground based radars?

also during test flights, is there special thing put on J-20 so that it can be detected by ground based radars?
are u so sure about j20's stealth that it cannot be detected by chinese's radar on it's own that a special thing is put on j20 so
that it can be detected by ground based radars.Common give me a break:D

are u so sure about j20's stealth that it cannot be detected by chinese's radar on it's own that a special thing is put on j20 so
that it can be detected by ground based radars.Common give me a break:D
That is the problem for the J-20's claim to 'stealth'. The PLAAF can just simply slapped some enhancers on it for the gullible Chinese public and none will be the wiser. Enhancers masks the body's true RCS but that does not mean the true RCS is anything close to what we consider to be 'stealth', which is below a clean F-16 at a couple hundreds km out. Whereas for the F-22, both civilian and military controllers have seen for their own eyes, human and electronic, on how 'stealthy' the F-22 really is, with and without enhancers.

Back
Top Bottom