What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

My speculations are more 'legit' than ALL of yours combined. What you sneered as mere copy paste of articles is supporting one's argument, something none of you know how to do.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

I have no problems being that generous. However, a clean F-16 at 150-200 km is only a guideline, there is no committee who set down a standard on what is 'stealth', so if you want/need a standard, then use the F-117.

Then you are the only person on the planet with legit brainphart. Congratulations. I am so grateful that such a legit person is on this forum reminding us amateurs of how worthless the J-20 is with his... very legit speculation. Your life sounds like a fail man. I am a fan and I enjoy the pictures and videos. Basher with "legit speculation" are not welcome.

Then you are the only person on the planet with legit brainphart. Congratulations. I am so grateful that such a legit person is on this forum reminding us amateurs of how worthless the J-20 is with his... very legit speculation. Your life sounds like a fail man. I am a fan and I enjoy the pictures and videos. Basher with "legit speculation" are not welcome.
Who are the failed here are those who are gullible enough to believe uncritically everything fanboys vomited up while I have been the one who consistently provided sources that you have no choice but to sneer at.

Hahaha, apparently people still believe in the mystical power of US technology.

Need I remind you of the failures associated with F22, the complete incompetence of F35 development.

You need to realize the military industrial complex are no longer capable engineers, who need a good plane when you can just lobby for more money on craps like F35 fattening.

Also you are losing two wars in middle east and is printing money by the truckload. :lol:

Need I remind you of the failures associated with F22, the complete incompetence of F35 development.

You need to realize the military industrial complex are no longer capable engineers, who need a good plane when you can just lobby for more money on craps like F35 fattening.

Also you are losing two wars in middle east and is printing money by the truckload. :lol:
Ah...Another 12-yr old who think Rachel Maddow was a credible source. Kid, you are no longer in your sandbox. Use the Search feature and read up on what you think you know about this issue.

Ah...Another 12-yr old who think Rachel Maddow was a credible source. Kid, you are no longer in your sandbox. Use the Search feature and read up on what you think you know about this issue.

The source is from pentagon who never used it in combat and cancelled the program, and then it got grounded :lol:

You are in serious denial, do you actually live in the US? Has the price of food not alarmed you?

The source is from pentagon who never used it in combat and cancelled the program, and then it got grounded
:lol: And how many of China's weapons actually seen combat? And we are not talking about the AK-47.

You are in serious denial, do you actually live in the US? Has the price of food not alarmed you?
This actually make me wonder if you actually live in Canada.

:lol: And how many of China's weapons actually seen combat? And we are not talking about the AK-47.

This actually make me wonder if you actually live in Canada.

Toronto is like 3 hours from border.

We don't have a theatre of war to test our weapons, in fact we haven't had a war since modernization of the economy. Maybe your politicians should take note of the benefit of peace.

The F22 program obviously had multitude of problem, it never get modified to go on carrier, program got downsized, and then ceased production.

Toronto is like 3 hours from border.

We don't have a theatre of war to test our weapons, in fact we haven't had a war since modernization of the economy. Maybe your politicians should take note of the benefit of peace.

The F22 program obviously had multitude of problem, it never get modified to go on carrier, program got downsized, and then ceased production.
This tells me you clearly are still in skool. Utterly lacking in critical thinking and logical thoughts. You think the J-20 is going to be without problems? How willing are you to apply this criticism to the J-20 if the aircraft is not going to be modified for a carrier? How much per unit is it going to cost? May be too much for the PLAAF's budget? Can we use it to call the J-20 a 'failure' as well? Go back to your sandbox. You are out of your league here.

This tells me you clearly are still in skool. Utterly lacking in critical thinking and logical thoughts. You think the J-20 is going to be without problems? How willing are you to apply this criticism to the J-20 if the aircraft is not going to be modified for a carrier? How much per unit is it going to cost? May be too much for the PLAAF's budget? Can we use it to call the J-20 a 'failure' as well? Go back to your sandbox. You are out of your league here.

Did I say J20 is going to be a cake walk? I was merely establishing the fact that F22 is already a failure, however amazing it's technology may be. I'd welcome any informative input on F22, but I think my logic on why F22 doesn't work is quit sound.

PLAAF will have enough budget, the growth of military spending is steady and consistent.

It is you who lives in a sand box, your DoD budget will be significantly downsized through the deterioration of the purchasing power of the dollar. By then it would be difficult to even maintain the military hardwares you currently have.

Did I say J20 is going to be a cake walk? I was merely establishing the fact that F22 is already a failure, however amazing it's technology may be.
How is it a 'failure'? By insinuating that the F-22 is a 'failure' without explaining why you are equally insinuating the J-20's development will be easy.

I'd welcome any informative input on F22, but I think my logic on why F22 doesn't work is quit sound.
We have yet to see any kind of 'logic' from you. Your criticism about the F-22 not being carrier capable was patently absurd and clearly from an immature mind. Why not the same for the J-20?

PLAAF will have enough budget, the growth of military spending is steady and consistent.
This is a general statement. Nothing to clarify the question of cost per J-20 and how a fleet will factor into a budget.

Bottom line is that you do not know what you are talking about here.

Did I say J20 is going to be a cake walk? I was merely establishing the fact that F22 is already a failure, however amazing it's technology may be. I'd welcome any informative input on F22, but I think my logic on why F22 doesn't work is quit sound.

It is you who lives in a sand box, your DoD budget will be significantly downsized through the deterioration of the purchasing power of the dollar. By then it would be difficult to even maintain the military hardwares you currently have.

You seems to be confused! Get to the point. Project failure and budget of arm forces are two different issues. Decide which one you want to discuss.

PS: I'm not aviation expert but a fielded plane in numbers cannot be called a failed project. About J20 time will tell it has not graduated yet!

You seems to be confused! Get to the point. Project failure and budget of arm forces are two different issues. Decide which one you want to discuss.

PS: I'm not aviation expert but a fielded plane in numbers cannot be called a failed project. About J20 time will tell it has not graduated yet!

I think you are the one who is confused. I was responding to someone else who brought up the budget issue.

And no, it doesn't matter how many F22 is built, the plane wasn't reliable to be utilized. It was a mistake right from the beginning to mass produce an unproven technology.

Besides being very expensive I see no downside to the aircraft. Furthermore, from an engineering standpoint the F-22 is an engineering achievement. I challenge you to find one aircraft without flaws, all aircraft especially early variants have some flaws in design that are usually sorted out and in terms of cost all aircraft and governments have to balance cost/need/serviceability, its not unusual for governments to cut orders due to cost.

I think you are the one who is confused. I was responding to someone else who brought up the budget issue.

My Bad ... But I still stand correct that project success / failure and Defense budget are to deferent topics for discussion and you have acknowledged it!

And no, it doesn't matter how many F22 is built, the plane wasn't reliable to be utilized. It was a mistake right from the beginning to mass produce an unproven technology.

This is where I disagree

Again I'm not expert ...but if a product meets it's design objective, accepted by end user and fielded in numbers is called successful project.

We'd like you to share your reason to call it a failure in very objective manner. At least let everyone know that what is the design objective F22 could not meet? Just saying it a fail project does not hold any ground. If you have something credible share it.

F-22 is hell of a standerd and enginering achievement, no one can second```end of story

those F-22 grounding is more political rather than technical as there is no aircraft in the world doesnt have tech issues

Back
Top Bottom