What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

This is where I disagree

Again I'm not expert ...but if a product meets it's design objective, accepted by end user and fielded in numbers is called successful project.

We'd like you to share your reason to call it a failure in very objective manner. At least let everyone know that what is the design objective F22 could not meet? Just saying it a fail project does not hold any ground. If you have something credible share it.

The F22 was and continue to be an amazing technology.

However, it had multitude of reliability issues, it didn't get to fly much, but still had numerous accidents. The F22 is difficult and expensive to maintain, and couldn't be counted on in actual battle.

The end user got distorted by politics, where it is mired by various interest groups.

Besides being very expensive I see no downside to the aircraft. Furthermore, from an engineering standpoint the F-22 is an engineering achievement. I challenge you to find one aircraft without flaws, all aircraft especially early variants have some flaws in design that are usually sorted out and in terms of cost all aircraft and governments have to balance cost/need/serviceability, its not unusual for governments to cut orders due to cost.

Completely agree with you. F22 is a masterpiece of engineering. Thats too first time, incredible... I will give an analogy, Consider light bulb, how simple it looks, but imagine the creativity of Tom Alva edison when he created it.

May be 5th gen fighter creation is piece of cake by chinese ctrl-c, ctrl-v engineers, but making it first is something extraordinary.

However, it had multitude of reliability issues, it didn't get to fly much, but still had numerous accidents. The F22 is difficult and expensive to maintain, and couldn't be counted on in actual battle.

The end user got distorted by politics, where it is mired by various interest groups.

Heck... my coffee machine, mobile phone, ipad ..everything have some problem .. all of these must be called failed project.
NO.
F22 is marvel and will be an inspiration for others to emulate it for decades

Yeah...From my 10 yrs active duty USAF and nearly 7 more yrs in avionics post USAF designing field tests from drones to missiles, I can see you are nothing but a Chinese kid living the good life in Canada trying in vain to have some kind of specious emotional attachment to China via criticizing US. Take a friendly advice: Leave the subject while you still have some 'face' left. Keep quiet, read, and you will learn how stupid you really were when you started yakking on things you know nothing about.

why not ? :lol: Pakistan cant acquire J 20 ? :rofl: Every new Chinese tech is offered to us

Perhaps you didnt see the smiley :hitwall:. Even the reverse of your question has equal probability . It doesnt mean that China will offer you every thing .
and you dont need me to explain why J20 will still be inferior to F22 in a fight even when J20 features are not yet known .

210611booow09dgywddb43.jpg

How sour these grapes in here !:china::pop:

Yeah...From my 10 yrs active duty USAF and nearly 7 more yrs in avionics post USAF designing field tests from drones to missiles, I can see you are nothing but a Chinese kid living the good life in Canada trying in vain to have some kind of specious emotional attachment to China via criticizing US. Take a friendly advice: Leave the subject while you still have some 'face' left. Keep quiet, read, and you will learn how stupid you really were when you started yakking on things you know nothing about.

Hahaha why would US let veits in sensitive project, your country was an enemy of the united state. In their view the likes of jungle people like you should be massacred village by village, which they did! :lol:

Your so called expertise in designing and flying airplane in the land of unicorn and fairies has only delivered failures. You have yet to explain why F22 was not a complete failed mess that need massive maintenance budget and is rusting by the dozens.

I'd love to hear you discussing your "expertise" in aviation, but unfortunately all your posts are consist of worthless illogical garbage of little substance, clearly demonstrating why the US empire is failing if retards like you is in charge of important jobs. You are truly a reflection of the general lack of intelligence of Vietnamanese whom has always steered their pathetic economy into disasters.

F-22 cannot be counted on killing militants in Afghanistan. That's like killing an ant with a monster truck. The F-22's will cause so much collateral damage that they will be counter-productive. So it is basically be useless against any enemy without the lates technology.

Dear Pakistan brothers and sisters:
Happy Chinese new yaear to you all!This is the first time i've been posting in this forum. F-20 is kind of flight will give Pakistan air force the ability to fight against Indians and proctect your homeland in this terrible Centuary . China engine scientist is ready to bring out the new WS-15 engine on F-20 to give it super-sonic navigation ability. Recently several aircraft scientists were awarded millions of cash for their progress on WS-15, let's looking forward to it !

buddy F-20 is PAF designation for J-10, not for J-20, and also WS-15 is developed for J-20 not J-10(F-20)

Herebelow is the latest flying video link of F20, check it out guys~

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

i've got to type it again for post post post post video

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

blalalalalalalalalalalalalal

are you alright mate? where is the video?

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 AM ----------

hahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhah
you cant spam here, you will get banned, this is not some flaming domestic forums

:lol: And how many of China's weapons actually seen combat? And we are not talking about the AK-47.

This actually make me wonder if you actually live in Canada.

Bro,You've forget how PLA kicked US armys' *** in North Koear in 1950th .American and President Obama set misellaneous barriers on China's development only to grab limited resource on this pathetic little planet called earth. I bet you guys only have the courageous to blow those countries of week defence technology like Irak,Libria. Why don't you just try it again to provoke us ?? China defence will teach you what really a war is like. And i was so pissed of the Nato bomed Pakistan defence soldiers nearby Afganistan boundry, you test our bottom line . F-22 is God on Iraq sky, but just loads of trash against our Defence system.

J-20 Mighty Dragon soars in 2011

uAAq6.jpg

Notice the yellowish-orange RAM (radar absorbent material) coating on the J-20 glass cockpit.

You might be asking yourself, "why do I see a yellowish-orange cockpit in some pictures and a relatively clear glass cockpit in other pictures?" You will notice that this dual appearance applies to the F-22 as well.

The best analogy is the visual effect when you look at butterfly wings. From some angles, the butterfly wing looks iridescent. At other angles, the butterfly wing looks plain. This is an effect of thin films. The J-20 thin film(s) of RAM coating creates an effect similar to butterfly wings.

To read more about the physics of "thin-film interference," see Thin-film interference - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[Note: Thank you to Post_Human_Warrior for the picture.]

uAAq6.jpg

Notice the yellowish-orange RAM (radar absorbent material) coating on the J-20 glass cockpit.

When will people learn that opaque (or yellow/orange) canopies are not meant to absorb anything. Opaque canopies prevent EM energy from penetrating the cockpit. Moreover, this technology is nothing special, electronic warfare aircraft such as the A-6 Prowler used an opaque canopy to prevent EM interference, the Mig-31 also has a gold canopy.

And contrary to popular belief the canopy does not need to be gold or yellow to prevent EM interference. In short canopies are not meant to be absorbers.

When will people learn that opaque (or yellow/orange) canopies are not meant to absorb anything. Opaque canopies prevent EM energy from penetrating the cockpit. Moreover, this technology is nothing special, electronic warfare aircraft such as the A-6 Prowler used an opaque canopy to prevent EM interference, the Mig-31 also has a gold canopy.

And contrary to popular belief the canopy does not need to be gold or yellow to prevent EM interference. In short canopies are not meant to be absorbers.

I dont think he meant the canopy color.. rather the coating on it.

Back
Top Bottom