What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

I don't even borther to ask them, most of them are ignorant War-monger.

I don't know man..
Nope! They are merely lining up their accounts from the weapons biz incl the war biz :p: That's why there are NO corruption at the ruling power circle there, aside from the facts that they're filthy rich after taking their long term seats.. for all the benefits are legitimized... Check also the Revolving Doors practices!! :D CORPORATOCRACY at the finest form.. so great... HAHA!!!

The Chinese COSTS are highly classified, nobody knows such matter. But the Western think tanks may know better, occasionally they quote their own numbers :D

there is a misconception regarding weapon costs of PLA need to be rectified.

people conviniently to think that the reason of our weapons are cheap is becuse 1:cheap labour; 2:"copy"

but in fact, the labour costing factor only contributes little to our weapon cost, R&D, moulding, production line and suppliers co-developing are the four major factors!

for these four factors, we are not that "cheap" compared to the U.S, some are even more expensive```for example at the very early days of our military development, we virtually had nothing, so had to pay ridiculously high premium prices to purchase necessary tools and equipments from Western countries and Japan, and those things were even considered sub-standard to their industrial standard````and the result was our production line's deffective rates are very high, which ultimately drove up the production cost and undermines our weapons quality.
(now we still have a vivid example of this bizarre situation which is India, they still have such problem that we faced 30 years ago)

luckily after 30 years stride, much of the industrial complex, fundations and technological know-how were established, advanced and grasped with our own effort. So this helped our weapons costing factors enormously!

And now lets talk about economy of scale. this concept is well-known to educated people, and infact a very important factor to make our weapon systems cost effective. However this step cannot be achieved if you have not accomplished advanced industrial complex, fundations and technological know-how.

for example, it costs India $3 billion to acquire 4 Russian designed frigate, but with that money, China can produce 10 054As, people conviniently to believe that the reason 054A is cheap becuase its "not advanced"``and it is far from the truth, as its air defence system, electronic combat suit and anti-ship capability is world-class, not to mention its anti-sub capability is among world's premium.

I will leave the topic of "copy"````as only clueless and ignorant people would parade on serious discussions with such shallow rants````

anyway, for recent years, the generals of PLAAF and PLAN are very very happy, not because their units are getting top quality leading edge weapon systems that only the U.S can develop alone, but also very cheap in quantity! Because in real war, quantity is always the decisive factor to assure victory!

btw, our J-16Ds and J-15Ds are very very very expensive, more costly than J-20 and the other new 5th gen fighter```````2 J-15Ds can black out an entire Japanese task fleet, or a battle threatre, like the U.S did to us 2 decades ago```````````!

What is the powerplant we can expect? WS19?
ideal, yes``````could be ready around 2025

sir01.jpg

I'm proud of being a Chinese.

You should be! This is an incredible achievement, this aircraft and everything you guys have built so far. Who in their right minds could deny anything of the sorts? I just read an article that interviewed a high-ranking USAF general who's one of the big fellas in the Pentagon and he was asked to comment on the Su-57 that was recently seen in the Russian military parade and he spoke about how the J-20 shares a lot of the quality machining and surface shaping for stealth as is in the F-22 and F-35 and that the SU-57 lacked a bit in that area. He detailed specifically the "gaps" between any movable surfaces such as flaps, ailerons and even the vertical stabs. He said that the Chinese put a lot of emphasis on shaping like we Americans did which means they invested in a lot of R&D and more importantly, understand it and how to apply it and obviously have the uniquely specialized machinery to produce these surfaces. And just for the record, he didn't dis the Su-57, he went into great detail about the Russian school of thought which was not to concentrate too much on the shaping but to make up for that in other fields such as the sideways radars it has etc. But I thought that was a great endorsement for China and the J-20.

New hmd helmet for J-20 pilots
185254jn0oqlongggnlybo-jpg.473050

I have a question - when I first saw this one pic in your post, the oxygen mask immediately drew my attention because this is the standard, common issue, US made oxygen mask! Is this a Chinese copy, or did they actually purchase them from the US or someone else? The only difference I see is the microphone connection is circular rather than squarish one in the pic below of an American pilot. Any idea what the story is with the Chinese mask? Is it a Chinese reverse-engineered mask?

DcyE_5CWsAAAoYL.jpg

You should be! This is an incredible achievement, this aircraft and everything you guys have built so far. Who in their right minds could deny anything of the sorts? I just read an article that interviewed a high-ranking USAF general who's one of the big fellas in the Pentagon and he was asked to comment on the Su-57 that was recently seen in the Russian military parade and he spoke about how the J-20 shares a lot of the quality machining and surface shaping for stealth as is in the F-22 and F-35 and that the SU-57 lacked a bit in that area. He detailed specifically the "gaps" between any movable surfaces such as flaps, ailerons and even the vertical stabs. He said that the Chinese put a lot of emphasis on shaping like we Americans did which means they invested in a lot of R&D and more importantly, understand it and how to apply it and obviously have the uniquely specialized machinery to produce these surfaces. And just for the record, he didn't dis the Su-57, he went into great detail about the Russian school of thought which was not to concentrate too much on the shaping but to make up for that in other fields such as the sideways radars it has etc. But I thought that was a great endorsement for China and the J-20.

I have a question - when I first saw this one pic in your post, the oxygen mask immediately drew my attention because this is the standard, common issue, US made oxygen mask! Is this a Chinese copy, or did they actually purchase them from the US or someone else? The only difference I see is the microphone connection is circular rather than squarish one in the pic below of an American pilot. Any idea what the story is with the Chinese mask? Is it a Chinese reverse-engineered mask?

DcyE_5CWsAAAoYL.jpg
Bro, You don't know PLAAF is always a big fan of USAAF?

Since F16 age.

Have you ever heard of '看一眼就怀孕'?

Bro, You don't know PLAAF is always a big fan of USAAF?

Since F16 age.

Of course! As a matter of fact, one of the biggest infractions laid on the EAF by the US was exactly that. But I believe the Israelis were much more guilty than us, but that's another matter.

Have you ever heard of '看一眼就怀孕'?

Mmmm, you might have lost me on that one, ma man. I tried google translate and it said "Take a look at pregnancy" lol. I think I get it. Hey, all the power to them. The way China has acquired equipment, technology, information etc. and taken it and used it to develop its own is a lesson for the rest of us.

Another reason why SCMP articles are full of horse**** . For anyone seeking to look at SCMP for Chinese military or J-20 insight, don't bother.
http://www.scmp.com/news/china/dipl...j-20-stealth-fighter-jets-carry-out-first-sea
China’s defence budget increased by 8.1 per cent this year to 1.1 trillion yuan (US$173 billion). But manufacturing problems with the J-20, especially with its engines, mean the air force does not have the number of the stealth fighters it needs at present.
Hmm that's interesting. I wonder where SCMP got its information from :what::what::what:. I guess a Hong Kong newspaper has a lot of “anonymous sources” within the PLA ready to freely give information without any repercussions. Makes sense ... :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

DcyE_5CWsAAAoYL.jpg
Anyone who thinks that the USAF is ignorant towards PLAAF capabilities is sorely misinformed. Let me remind them that the Air Force Chief of Staff and Lockheed Martin are not comprised of online amateur journalists or the so called “Western experts”. The National Interest or Business Insider does not represent DoD’s view of the PLAAF! Just because a stupid analyst derides the J-20’s stealth features does not mean it is indicative of the USAF.

Where did you find the article? Can you provide us a link?

DcyE_5CWsAAAoYL.jpg
Could you link this interview. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom