What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

I think 200-300 would be reasonable, and that would only cost 20-30 billion$. Don't forget the MIC's stimulation for the economy.
I think the J20 would not be less than 500 serving in PLA , and meanwhile J31 would just 300 serving as naval fighters like F35C.

I think 200-300 would be reasonable, and that would only cost 20-30 billion$. Don't forget the MIC's stimulation for the economy.
300 is far from enough. If USA can afford 2500 units F35, we can afford it as well.

500 units J20 is a minimum need, and still need 1000 plus J31.

My goal is clear: run arms race with USA and kick them out of Asia. To restore the order in Asia.

Everyone in China donate 15 USD, we can produce 1300 units J20. Don't forget the wartime communism policy.

I urge Our government shall double the budget in defence sector, prepare actively for war.

Being the best or nothing.

There won't be two male tigers in one mountain.

一定要在日本拥核之前灭了它。我不知道习近平有没有报仇雪恨的志向!

什么是中国梦?我的中国梦就是灭了日本。

大仇未报何以言快!

Y
300 is far from enough. If USA can afford 2500 units F35, we can afford it as well.

500 units J20 is a minimum need, and still need 1000 plus J31.

My goal is clear: run arms race with USA and kick them out of Asia. To restore the order in Asia.

Everyone in China donate 15 USD, we can produce 1300 units J20. Don't forget the wartime communism policy.

I urge Our government shall double the budget in defence sector, prepare actively for war.

Being the best or nothing.

There won't be two male tigers in one mountain.

一定要在日本拥核之前灭了它。我不知道习近平有没有报仇雪恨的志向!

什么是中国梦?我的中国梦就是灭了日本。
You are insane.
The maintance of stealthy fighter jets is extremely expensive.
We need to catch up with US in the aspect of Naval combatant capacity and and nuclear second strike. The top priority is SSBN and SSK then anti-ballistic missile system, that is cornerstone of national security. The following is CBG and strategic bomber.
The advantage of the 5th gen fighter is mainly stealth compared to 4th gen fighter. So there is a lot of jobs which could be done by the 4th gen fighter when air superiority has been taken.

Last edited:
Y

You are insane.
We need to catch up with US in Naval combatant and nuclear second attack. The top priority is SSBN and SSK then ASBM, that is basestone of national security. The following is CBG and strategic bomber.
The advantage of the 5th gen fighter is mainly stealth compared to 4th gen fighter. So there is a lot of jobs which could be done by the 4th gen fighter when air superiority has been taken.
If you want to beat down USA, you need to be zealous.

Y

You are insane.
We need to catch up with US in Naval combatant and nuclear second attack. The top priority is SSBN and SSK then ASBM, that is basestone of national security. The following is CBG and strategic bomber.
I think ICBM,ASBM, strategic bomber,SSBM, stealthy fighter are the priority.

Last edited:
I think ICBM,ASBM, strategic bomber,SSBN,and stealthy fighter are the priority.
Firstly,we must assure the stragic capability of destroying any nation in any condition, so the SSBN and SSK rank top 1.
Secondly, we should learn from US to weaken the potentialnuclear threaten from relatively small nuclear power like India, Korea, so the anti ballistic missile system and anti satellite system rank 2 .
Thirdly, we should enhance the capability of the tactic weaponry to the level of US's so that we could sustain a superiority at battlefield in east asia and india ocean at least. Then the CBG, bomber with long range , steath fighter.
But the role of steath figher in morden air combat is more of a airspace cleaner and door
-knocker, and these following jobs could be more suitable for the 4th gen figher-bomber like Su-30 with large payload and long range. Hence, i think 500 j20 is rational for PLA. As of J31 , i do not think it fit the demand of PLA. Our airforce does not need two steath jets like US for now.

From 星海军事 weibo,
upload_2017-6-25_22-17-52.jpeg

I think the J20 would not be less than 500 serving in PLA , and meanwhile J31 would just 300 serving as naval fighters like F35C.

I do not know the appropriate numbers, but there's no reason to build less then 300 J20s; anything lesser than that would be a loss on the investment made to develop the plane.

I do not know the appropriate numbers, but there's no reason to build less then 300 J20s; anything lesser than that would be a loss on the investment made to develop the plane.
You dont need to have a PhD in Economics to understand that it is not economically feasible to build only limited amounts of a product after dumping massive amounts of resources into it.

Last edited:
Y

You are insane.
We need to catch up with US in the aspect of Naval combatant capacity and and nuclear second strike. The top priority is SSBN and SSK then anti-ballistic missile system, that is cornerstone of national security. The following is CBG and strategic bomber.
well, the number of J-20 they want to order is quite a number :lol:````in China high tech stuff doesnt have to be expensive``economical scale, industrial completeness and solid demand is the key to reduce cost at huge margin! besides most of the suppliers are SOEs, they wont tag market profit on their products`````

well, the number of J-20 they want to order is quite a number :lol:````in China high tech stuff doesnt have to be expensive``economical scale, industrial completeness and solid demand is the key to reduce cost at huge margin! besides most of the suppliers are SOEs, they wont tag market profit on their products`````

5% net for SOEs :(:D

Back
Top Bottom