What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

The documentary claim China from 3th gen engines to 5th gen engines... So where is the 4th gen?

I suspect the 4th gen engines(Hybrid of WS-10 and AL-31F tech combine) are now install onboard J-10b ,J-15 and J-20. Ermei 5th gen just certify and going to be install onboard J-20 to give it a more powerful supercruise.

China 4th gen engines shall be comparable to EJ-200 thrust to weight ratio.

The documentary claim China from 3th gen engines to 5th gen engines... So where is the 4th gen?

I suspect the 4th gen engines(Hybrid of WS-10 and AL-31F tech combine) are now install onboard J-10b ,J-15 and J-20. Ermei 5th gen just certify and going to be install onboard J-20 to give it a more powerful supercruise.

China 4th gen engines shall be comparable to EJ-200 thrust to weight ratio.
5th gen engine means thrust to weight ratio more than 10. WS10b belongs to 4th gen, same as 117S and F119.

The domestic engine means both WS10b( as interim solution) and the target engine WS15. I think WS15 engine now is testing on the J20, we will see mass production within few years. That's a great achievement in PRC history.

高育良书记说过:这个世界最难的是叫醒一个装睡的人。

没有一个老外希望中国好的。
I totally agree with your statements.

That is not the core of our arguement. You and other slayer insist the engine on J-20 is imported Russian made AL-31FM 3 increases thrust engine and not domestic made engine. You claim China still need to depend on foreigner or Russian for core engine. For J-10B too. But fact is the engine on j-20 is not Russian made or whatever AL-31F series.

I can dare to bet with you even the engine on J-10B is not even Russian imported AL-31 FN series. But fully domestic made Chinese high thrust hybrid engines. AVIC chairman Lin zuoming , few years ago had already indicated domestic engines will install onboard J-10B series.

We have not heard of any import of engines from Salyut. The so called high thrust AL-31FN series engine is only heardsay and never materialize. Given the very poor state of Russian weapon manufacturers, I seriously doubt they can afford R&D to carry out upgrade for AL-31FN engines.

PLAAF will never inducted a J-10b into service without increase of thrust or limited supercruise. It can only be domestic uprated thrust engines. Don't be fooled by the appearance of a few flame and external engine petal.

Basic common sense tells you the number of reported Russian engines do not tally with number of Chinese made plane in service for J-10A and J-10B. Where do the short fall come from?

China aviation technology is as good as western counterparts. Have trust in Chinese and do not listen to foreigners words on Chinese technology.
Yes, we absolutely ought to have total faith in our own people.

Great news guys :china::china::china::china::china:some said video will be available soon
SSW60GO.jpg

"Asok redemption regarding J-20 engine" :cheers:after all those dog days afternoon LOL:china:

Freakin' awesome news! This will make many sweat. The J-20 was already a beast, but this puts it in a whole different league.

Freakin' awesome news! This will make many sweat. The J-20 was already a beast, but this puts it in a whole different league.

J-20 has been flying with a prototype of the WS-15 engine, since DAY ONE, that's why its performance appears so super relative. It can literally fly circles around the F-22.

The risk taking has pay off, big time, with the on schedule of the induction of the operational J-20 into PLAAF between 2017-2019, as predicted by the PLAAF Commander back in 2009.

As compared to years of behind schedule and numerous problems of the F-35, and delay of the Russian T-50, the performance of the Chinese engineers in producing J-20, on schedule, is nothing short of astounding.

This engineering/industrial efficiency or power, demonstrated, is no less significant the the awe-inspiring performance of J-20.

And what is more significant is that this engineering/manufactory/industrial capacity has been demonstrated across the board in Supercomputer, High Speed Railroad, Aircraft Carrier, Automative, Cell Phone, Ship Building, , , etc.

Last edited:
J-20 has been flying with a prototype of the WS-15 engine, since DAY ONE, that's why its performance appears so super relative. It can literally fly circles around the F-22.

The risk taking has pay off, big time, with the on schedule of the induction of the operational J-20 into PLAAF between 2017-2019, as predicted by the PLAAF Commander back in 2009.

As compared to years of behind schedule and numerous problems of the F-35, and delay of the Russian T-50, the performance of the Chinese engineers in producing J-20, on schedule, is nothing short of astounding.

This engineering/industrial efficiency or power, demonstrated, is no less significant the the awe-inspiring performance of J-20.

And what is more significant is that this engineering/manufactory/industrial capacity has been demonstrated across the board in Supercomputer, High Speed Railroad, Aircraft Carrier, Automative, Cell Phone, Ship Building, , , etc.

You really have little evidence that J-20 has been flying with a WS-15 prototype engine since day one. We dont even know for sure that it is using WS-15 even now.
All we know for sure is that it is currently using a Chinese engine - maybe WS-10B or some other WS-10X variant.

As for the F-35, the reason there have been so many delays is that the US did not need it that quickly as it was already operating the F-22 and they messed up by making a jack-of-all trades fighter - the F-35 will be destroyed by both J-20 and J-31. US will have to put another fighter on their carriers as an US carrier equipped with F-35s will have no chance against a Chinese carrier with J-31s.

You really have little evidence that J-20 has been flying with a WS-15 prototype engine since day one. We dont even know for sure that it is using WS-15 even now.
All we know for sure is that it is currently using a Chinese engine - maybe WS-10B or some other WS-10X variant.

As for the F-35, the reason there have been so many delays is that the US did not need it that quickly as it was already operating the F-22 and they messed up by making a jack-of-all trades fighter - the F-35 will be destroyed by both J-20 and J-31. US will have to put another fighter on their carriers as an US carrier equipped with F-35s will have no chance against a Chinese carrier with J-31s.
Can J10 fit WS15 in the future if the customer ask for it? The length and the diameter maybe not the same. Can J10's fuselage sustain a supercruise March 1.4?

I think probably not. J10c/d with WS10b of max 14.5 tons thrust will be super cool already I think?

Can J10 fit WS15 in the future if the customer ask for it? The length and the diameter maybe not the same. Can J10's fuselage can sustain a supercruise March 1.4?

I think probably not. J10c/d with WS10b of max 14.5 tons thrust will be super cool already I think?

Who knows.

But WS-10b on J-10 will be enough to fight
Rafale.:D

I think J20 is flying with Al31F at day one, cause they can't risk the first debut with a new engine.

I don't care what it fly with at day 1, all I care is with which engine J20 will fly in the future.

I think J20 is flying with Al31F at day one, cause they can't risk the first debut with a new engine.

I don't care what it fly with at day 1, all I care is with which engine J20 will fly in the future.

Also it is important that J-20 is now flying with a Chinese engine. Current J-20 is fully Chinese.

I don't agree with you on this, I think it was using AL-31 for reducing risk on the program for first 2-3 prototypes of J-20 than next 4-5 prototypes of J-20 is using WS-10B and LRIP versions are equipped with hybrid versions of WS-10B with a core of WS-15, just my too cent:angel:

I don't agree with you on this, I think it was using AL-31 for reducing risk on the program for first 2-3 prototypes of J-20 than next 4-5 prototypes of J-20 is using WS-10B and LRIP versions are equipped with hybrid versions of WS-10B with a core of WS-15, just my too cent:angel:

If WS10 uses WS15's core, it won't be named as WS10b. Actually WS10b is a reduced life span IEP version of WS10 to power J20, just serve as a stopgap.

I don't like to be less confident, and don't wanna push it too hard either. As WS15 is coming, I see no reason to discuss the previous things.

Well, who would've known that China would discreetly reveal that J-20 is powered by a Chinese engine. We had bore the humiliation of using Russian engines for far too long and now WS-15 is 'ready'.

Let's just wait for that WS-15 announcement and see some wetted dhottis

Well, who would've known that China would discreetly reveal that J-20 is powered by a Chinese engine. We had bore the humiliation of using Russian engines for far too long and now WS-15 is 'ready'.

Let's just wait for that WS-15 announcement and see some wetted dhottis
Its the mass that has poison by China slayer of using Russian engines for too long. There are already too many signs of J-20 and many domestic Chinese warplanes using domestic engines. But many are too blind to see it even some Chinese themselves.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom