What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Where is deino? We need his expert explanantion on AL-31 engine in J-20.
Even

I have long indicated of domestic engines used on J-20 in 2014 not becos I am nationalist or biased but based in simple facts like

-no Russian media indicating any cooperation in installing Russian engines for J-20 project unlike the J-10 project.

-PLAAF deputy chief indicate super cruise is a must for J-20 to be inducted for combat operation. PLA has display great professionalism in their announcement for any news and operation requirement( they never brag or make willful dateline and claim)

-high ranking CPC members like Yingzhuo mention about domestic engines used on J-20

But yet some foreigners has just too much ego to accept the fact Chinese 5th gen fighter used a domestic engine while make unsubstantial claim that appearance of just a few engine petal is the best proof of j-20 using Russian engines. Then they even claim they are aviation expert? :rofl:
The domestic engine means both WS10b( as interim solution) and the target engine WS15. I think WS15 engine now is testing on the J20, we will see mass production within few years. That's a great achievement in PRC history.

Slapping on some foreigners' stupid face

We know that long time ago J20 with Ws-10/15
高育良书记说过:这个世界最难的是叫醒一个装睡的人。

没有一个老外希望中国好的。

The domestic engine means both WS10b( as interim solution) and the target engine WS15. I think WS15 engine now is testing on the J20, we will see mass production within few years. That's a great achievement in PRC history.

高育良书记说过:这个世界最难的是叫醒一个装睡的人。

没有一个老外希望中国好的。

Not 老外 but 洋屌丝 洋垃圾

I dare to even make a bold claim that the so called Lookalike AL-31F engines on J-15 maybe domestic made hydrid of WS-10B with high thrust power to ensure high payload when take off from ski jump bow onboard CV-16 Liaoning.

Do not like appearance fool you into cloudy judgement. Like basic facts and common sense to guide you.

Slapping on some foreigners' stupid face

We know that long time ago J20 with Ws-10/15
No need to be so harsh.

Such foreign skepticism will serve good even great to China in helping to whip and shape the Dragon constantly to ever work harder steadily to achieve the top excellence in all fields, not only engine things.

OTOH praises may cause some complacency, which is not good at this stage, still lots of works to attain the cream of the crop! There is no one else to show off or to prove but only to own self!!

JIA YOU!!! :cheers:

Last edited:
Can you guys be less racist. Deino is a nice chap, everybody has the right to have his own opinion.
He is not nice , don't be fool by him. When he loses his arguement by hard facts. He will ban you. His opinion of Chinese is very low although he try to act diplomatic. You are not here long enough to see his true face.

By the way, lets recall done article.

By influential global times with close tie to CPC.
http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1015727.shtml

Can you guys be less racist. Deino is a nice chap, everybody has the right to have his own opinion.

Thanks guy and I am not hiding but in the forrest is correct. Here is simply no internet access.

Anyway can anyone put a summary together on what type of engine this locally manufactured engine is? As far as I see it no word mentions a WS-10X or even WS-15 by name.

So like I always said, a locally manufactured AL-31-based design is not off the table.

I am right now in Vienna and only back on Sunday evening.

And then you we can either discuss what engine it is, what consequences this has (also on my bet as promised), but only after Sunday.

All the best.
Deino

Thanks guy and I am not hiding but in the forrest is correct. Here is simply no internet access.

Anyway can anyone put a summary together on what type of engine this locally manufactured engine is? As far as I see it no word mentions a WS-10X or even WS-15 by name.

So like I always said, a locally manufactured AL-31-based design is not off the table.

And then you we can either discuss what engine it is, what consequences this has (also on my bet as promised), but only after Sunday.

All the best.
Deino
Deino,

WS-10 is already based on CFM-56, AL-31 and indigenous improvements. There is no need to have a AL-31 based design, it is already indirectly based on knowledge gained from AL-31 and CFM-56.

All the best.
Deino
Russia won't TOT AL31 to China.

Deino,

WS-10 is already based on CFM-56, AL-31 and indigenous improvements. There is no need to have a AL-31 based design, it is already indirectly based on knowledge gained from AL-31 and CFM-56.
It's core based on CMF56 and some configuration of AL31. It's like a hybrid of USA/Russia/China design.

WS15 is a pure Chinese blood.

We all know China knows everything of AL31f engine except for its core, we have overhaul facility in China. We even can produce many parts in China(recycle the blades).

The core is the determined factor of the engine! The fatal design problem of WS10 is that its have higher bypass ratio than AL31F, which means lower acceleration. The problem will be totally addressed in WS15, which had new core and low bypass ratio than WS10.

All the best.
Deino
That is not the core of our arguement. You and other slayer insist the engine on J-20 is imported Russian made AL-31FM 3 increases thrust engine and not domestic made engine. You claim China still need to depend on foreigner or Russian for core engine. For J-10B too. But fact is the engine on j-20 is not Russian made or whatever AL-31F series.

I can dare to bet with you even the engine on J-10B is not even Russian imported AL-31 FN series. But fully domestic made Chinese high thrust hybrid engines. AVIC chairman Lin zuoming , few years ago had already indicated domestic engines will install onboard J-10B series.

We have not heard of any import of engines from Salyut. The so called high thrust AL-31FN series engine is only heardsay and never materialize. Given the very poor state of Russian weapon manufacturers, I seriously doubt they can afford R&D to carry out upgrade for AL-31FN engines.

PLAAF will never inducted a J-10b into service without increase of thrust or limited supercruise. It can only be domestic uprated thrust engines. Don't be fooled by the appearance of a few flame and external engine petal.

Basic common sense tells you the number of reported Russian engines do not tally with number of Chinese made plane in service for J-10A and J-10B. Where do the short fall come from?

China aviation technology is as good as western counterparts. Have trust in Chinese and do not listen to foreigners words on Chinese technology.

Last edited:

All the best.
Deino
Russian didn't give AL-31 F technology to China, as the @ChineseTiger1986 says that China uses indenginous hybrid engine for J-20, so why you can't accept that J-20 is using indenginous hybrid engine, oh I forget that your German ego can't accept it, when news will come from Chinese media that J-20 is equipped with WS-15, than you will still be saying that J-20 is still using AL-31FN:p::blah::rofl::lol:

That is not the core of our arguement. You and other slayer insist the engine on J-20 is imported Russian made AL-31FM 3 increases thrust engine and not domestic made engine. You claim China still need to depend on foreigner or Russian for core engine. For J-10B too. But fact is the engine on j-20 is not Russian made or whatever AL-31F series.

I can dare to bet with you even the engine on J-10B is not even Russian imported AL-31 FN series. But fully domestic made Chinese high thrust hybrid engines. AVIC chairman Lin zuoming , few years ago had already indicated domestic engines will install onboard J-10B series.

We have not heard of any import of engines from Salyut. The so called high thrust AL-31FN series engine is only heardsay and never materialize. Given the very poor state of Russian weapon manufacturers, I seriously doubt they can afford R&D to carry out upgrade for AL-31FN engines.

PLAAF will never inducted a J-10b into service without increase of thrust or limited supercruise. It can only be domestic uprated thrust engines. Don't be fooled by the appearance of a few flame and external engine petal.

Basic common sense tells you the number of reported Russian engines do not tally with number of Chinese made plane in service for J-10A and J-10B. Where do the short fall come from?

China aviation technology is as good as western counterparts. Have trust in Chinese and do not listen to foreigners words on Chinese technology.
I have reservation on J10b's engine is domestic. But I 200% believe the engine power the LRIP J20 is WS10b, and WS15 is under test nearly reaching IOC.

General Ying Zhuo had said on CCTV last year that J20 is using domestic engine.

Russian didn't give AL-31 F technology to China, as the @ChineseTiger1986 says that China uses indenginous hybrid engine for J-20, so why you can't accept that J-20 is using indenginous hybrid engine, oh I forget that your German ego can't accept it, when news will come from Chinese media that J-20 is equipped with WS-15, than you will still be saying that J-20 is still using AL-31FN:p::blah::rofl::lol:
There shall be a clear line between discreet and stubborn.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom