What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Air force Monthly magazine has a 100 pages "Stealth" special featuring all stealth planes of the world.

View attachment 357561

AND TO ADMIT IT IS THE WORST PIECE OF CRAP ... esp. for the J-20 since in no way it is up to date. In general it is a mix-max of my very first report published in the Combat Aircraft right after '2001's' maiden flight and when I was still thinking that this very first prototype used WS-10-engines (at least for the ground-runs). Even more it begins with exactly my introduction for my book "Modern Chinese Warplanes" ... nearly a copy&paste report.

I'm really surprised that the editorial team at Key-Publishing when doing a plain a stupid copy&paste report, they did not include the other corrected, updated and most recent ones ?

Overall not worth a penny.

Deino

Nice, since it shows this image posted on 22. October finally without the watermark.

J-20A - 22.10.16 - 7.jpg

AND TO ADMIT IT IS THE WORST PIECE OF CRAP ... esp. for the J-20 since in no way it is up to date. In general it is a mix-max of my very first report published in the Combat Aircraft right after '2001's' maiden flight and when I was still thinking that this very first prototype used WS-10-engines (at least for the ground-runs). Even more it begins with exactly my introduction for my book "Modern Chinese Warplanes" ... nearly a copy&paste report.

I'm really surprised that the editorial team at Key-Publishing when doing a plain a stupid copy&paste report, they did not include the other corrected, updated and most recent ones ?

Overall not worth a penny.

Deino

Nice, since it shows this image posted on 22. October finally without the watermark.

View attachment 357574

You could take them to the courts for copyright infringement. ;)

Another evidence of VT Nozzle? Notice the gap between the saw tooth edge and the engine ring is noticeably narrowed in second picture and the nozzles bended upward.
upload_2016-12-3_1-30-51.png

upload_2016-12-3_1-30-11.png

A great commentary on why J-20 MUST be using WS-15 and has TVC nozzles. For those diehard doubters, let me ask:

1.) When was the WS-15 Engine Core (核心机) project initiated? When did it passed acceptance test?
2.) After the WS-15 Engine Core is passed, when was the whole WS-15 Engine project initiated?
3.) How many years have that already passed?
4.) Where did you got the information that WS-15 engine is still undergo ground bench test.

请问WS-15的核心机何时立项?核心机又是何时通过考核通过?
核心机通过考核后,WS-15的整机何时启动的?到现在已经多少年?WS-15还在台上的消息从何而来?

For those who like to say, there is no evidence that J-20 is using WS-15 and it has no VTC,

5.) I would like to ask you what is the purpose of censorship or deliberately withholding vital information, and releasing conflicting/incomplete/ambiguous/dubious informations through various official/unofficial channels?

6.) Why is that disinformation is practiced by almost every country to keep an important secret, secret?

http://www.fyjs.cn/thread-1840451-1-29.html

upload_2016-12-3_2-2-45.png

Last edited:
Formal induction/handover within a couple of weeks.

All 6 of them.

Fingers and toes crossed for early availability of

View attachment 357732

though I know it is highly unlikely :hitwall::devil::D:enjoy:

Thanks ... exactly like I hoped for a few posts ago :enjoy::

https://defence.pk/threads/chengdu-...ates-discussions.111471/page-454#post-8971340

Are there any more recent images concerning the numbers ? Are these plain 2-digit serials similar to the J-10s then or something like the first operational J-10B with 78x1x assigned to the 170. Brigade at the FTTC?

Deino

cirr's picture perfectly shows what the 'old' AL-31FN (not Series 3) looks like.

All the 'old' pictures of the J-10A have this standard look with the blue petals.
AL-31FN 1.jpg

Now the AL-31FN has suddenly become this. Look carefully at the nozzle of a J-10A/S from the August 1st aerobatic team from recent Zhuhai 2016 pictures.
1.JPG

2.JPG

Look at the multi-colors of the petals.
Look at the shape of the petals.
Look at the gaps and spacing between the petals.
Look at the obvious brand new white markings on the petals.

Why would the 'old' AL-31FN have such a sudden change in looks? The final purchase of the 'old' AL-31FN occurred in 2009.

Finally, compare with the uncoated J-20 nozzle.
j-20 nozzle.JPG

What is going on here? Why is the J-20 using the same engine as the J-10A/S?

Good lord, is there still analysis of the exhaust petals going on? :tsk:

I thought it was concluded based on the simple variability of exhaust arrangement for engines in different platforms?

Some simply never give up ... in a certain way also admirable !

The colour simply changes due to the heat during use ad the older an exhaust is, the much more different the colour is:

J-10B vs C exhaust.jpg

What however remains the same, is their overall shape of the pedals. In the J-20 the engine is simple a bit more buried within the fuselage.

J-20 2101 vs J-10B exhaust.jpg

But some still do not want to accept it.

Last edited:
To all people who don't believe J-20 is using WS-15:

Are you saying J-20 version 2101 is using AL-31FN? :omghaha:

Do you really think the PLA Air Force would going LRIP with two unreliable and underpowered Russian AL-31FN engines on J-20?:help:

Some believe WS-15 is just entered bench testing in 2015.

Don't you think when WS-15 is ready in 5-7 years, testing on J-20 would need to be done all over again for another 5 years? :raise:

That would put J-20's fully combat ready service date in meaningful numbers, 10-12 years from now, that is 2026-2028. :no:

If PLAAF roll out J-20 with unreliable and underpowered AL-31FN, 24 planes per years, in ten years, there will be 240 planes.

Don't you think they all need to go back into the factory for major rework and heavy modifications in order to install the WS-15 on them? :agree:

Do you really think putting a new and entirely different and much more powerful engine onto a 5th generation fighter is like loosen a few screws and pop in the new engines? :rofl:

Do you really think the PLAAF is really going to happy with 240 of their premier 5th generation fighters equipped with AL-31FN for next 10 years?:disagree:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom