What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

The engines we are building. BTW, we do have powerful engines already, it's just not very reliable, due to a lack of experience and experimentation.

You know, this is the kind of ignorance of people not in the sciences. They think innovation is this magical thing, but it's really just development base on need and previous works. Though there are people that are almost alien, but even they didn't go from nothing to everything.

China will lead in science, you know why? Because riches creates needs, needs creates market, market creates wealth, and everyone wants that.

Just look at Japan, from Meiji to today, look at all of Europe, industrial revolution happened in England, and yet, today England is not the top technology nation, or look at England, she did once lead in science, but remember before that she was also a backwater occupied by farmers and hoarders.

Then there is China, India, Muslim Caliphs, Rome, Greece, technological leaders of their day. What do everyone have in common? Wealth.

Not very mature is the better word to describe.

If WS-10 is not reliable, then the prototype couldn't pass 1000 hours of overhaul test in 2005.

The engine would not reach its full maturity until with 10 years of deployment. You discover the flaws during the deployment, it is the process to keep improving gradually.

The Millionaire
Question :
Which fifth generation fighter jet you like to buy and why?
Choice
1)F-22:o:
2)F-35:mad:
3)J-20:p:
4)J-318-)
5)T-50:disagree:

My Answer is J-31 affordable,reliable and perfect for my garage.
because F22 is very expensive and i don't wont to die cause of lack of oxygen,F35 very expensive and low grade,J-20 i cnnot park in my garage,T-50 i don't trust russian.

You won correct answer [Sahi jawab]
:bounce:

my point was WS15 is for J-20 not WS10 which is for J-10B. J-15 and J-16
WS13 for FC-1 or JF17
Upgraded WS-10 will probably be used until the WS-15 is ready, WS-10 still needs to mature and the WS-13 is still in testing.

The earliest I'd except the WS-15 is by 2016-2017 and fully mature by 2020.

1523016_688040914551299_1773041405_o.jpg

Chinese American 5th generation fighter comparison
my first post after probably 2 years later :what::offtopic:

Depends on what variant. First variant may actually be ready in 2016 or 2017 (depending on regional pressure and Air Force priority), but second variant may not be ready until well into the 2020s.
Chinese has policy to evaluate performance once they produce a good number of planes. Like they produce over 100 J10 and after the collect the data from all teams they start making further progress in dynamics. But first they test fly atleast a squad of j20 for few years they we see further improvement in design and performance.

Inside China: Stealth fighter revealed - Washington Times

By Miles Yu

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Chinese military forums on the Internet were abuzz recently over the posting of the first photo of China’s latest test flight of a prototype jet.

The photo identified the aircraft as the next-generation heavy stealth fighter, the J-20 Dragon — the third J-20 prototype Beijing has revealed to the public since its debut in 2011.

The J-20’s key features resemble those of the top-of-the-line U.S. F-22 Raptor and F-35 Lightning.

In fact, the official Communist Party newspaper Global Times bragged about how key technologies used for the F-35 Lightning were “completely obtained” by China and how the J-20 is equipped with these technologies and features.

In a Jan. 20 article titled “Six of F-35’s Crucial Technologies Have All Been Obtained by China; J-20 Epitomizes All the Six Technologies,” the Global Times confirmed that the advanced designs and features include a diverterless supersonic inlet, an electro-optical distributed aperture system, an electro-optical targeting system, an AVEN nozzle, and a fire-control array radar system.

The article stops short of claiming China directly obtained these technologies from the United States. It stated that “at present, our country has completely obtained the six key technologies [used in the F-35], making us the only country after the U.S. that has completely obtained these advanced technologies.”

The first test flight of the fifth-generation stealth twin-engine fighter jet took place Jan. 11, 2011. That act caused a diplomatic firestorm because it was scheduled during the middle of a high-profile visit to China by Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates, who took the timing of the test flight as an insult.

In his memoir “Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary of War” published recently, Mr. Gates regaled readers with his displeasure over the test. He drew the conclusion that Chinese leader Hu Jintao was unaware of the test flight when Mr. Gates confronted him with a question about the unfriendly act.

Former U.S. Ambassador to China Jon Huntsman said recently that Mr. Gates was so infuriated by the flight test that he considered ending his trip prematurely in protest.

Back
Top Bottom