What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

More Russian Engines for China’s J-10 Fighter

sure for pakistani orders and chines needs .

Not only PLAAF j10a defeated VAF SU30MK2 recently . but also PLAAF J10a defeated J11 in the air fighting exercise and the result is j10a 13:1 defeat at j11.
j10 defeat j11 videos

http://static.youku.com/v1.0.0166/v...MTgtai0xMC1mYy0yMC1tcmNhLTI0OS5odG1s&showAd=0

Bro, J-11 is based on Russian version SU-27SK in better avionics, radars, and weapons. I don't mean to upset or underestimate, you know J11/SU-27SK was old planes to compete with.

Suggestion to try friendly dogfights exercise between F-16 Block 40 MLU (Pakistan) and J-10A. ;)

Pakistan plan to order J-11Bs for its Navy.

PAF is going for the upgraded j-10A's to fill the f-16 requirement gap,plus in emergency basis because j-10B is not ready to be procured,this makes a little sense.................................but still let's keep our fingers crossed,whatever will happen in the next couple of years will be more interesting for the PAF Fans

i just uploaded it!

ok so it is confirmed that PLAAF is happy with the WS-10 engine!
and i couldn't help but noticing J-10B's take off run! it was so short! (probably because it didn't have any load but still!)

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont get it, i remember people criticizing russia on spare parts supply...
if those romours were true then why are we going for the russian engine?

the video, above, clearly shows WS-10A is ready to loaded! they've been testing that engine long enough...

Well its not loan, when President Musharraf (the honorable , who happened to oust some radicals during his time) , was in power

Allah bhalla kare ...

Economy was doing fantastic and we had surplus of billion and billions of dollars

So he had paid for 36 J10B fighters, from the money.
So that order was paid in 2006

Obviously paper work was done around 2007-2008 but the money was paid already.

So we have a set deadline for 2014 to receive our fighter planes, and we had an option for another 100 J10B fighters

Now the soft loan was actually proposed for purchase of the Submarines 6 submarines from China brand new I might add that is what Indian fans are confused about.

So the deal is for 36 J10 (A) with enhanced requirements (FC-20) as we know its called also known as J10B.

But just like the F16 C/D package we have a OPTIONS CLAUSE , for extra 100 planes depending on mood of our Air-force.

J10B is a wonderful bench mark in Chinese Aviation and we are really proud to have 36 planes plus option for 100 more fighters to form backbone of our airforce

RECAP: 2015
80 F16 C/D
300 JF17 (Block 1 , Block 2 )
36 J10B (FC-20) - option of 100 more a counter to MRCA 2016-2018
180 Mirage
190 F-7

Note the 100 more J10B are mean for arrival as an option and that would help retire older Mirage/ F7 brand from airforce

But my thought is that India and Pakistan might come to light around 2017 and settle Kashmir issue once they see there is political deadlock

can any senior or knowledgeable person confirms the claims made in the post ??

Not only PLAAF j10a defeated VAF SU30MK2 recently . but also PLAAF J10a defeated J11 in the air fighting exercise and the result is j10a 13:1 defeat at j11.
j10 defeat j11 videos

http://static.youku.com/v1.0.0166/v...gt ai0xMC1mYy0yMC1tcmNhLTI0OS5odG1s&showAd=0

Do we know if they are J-11As or J-11Bs?

J-10A beat J-11B 13:1 during war exercise,PAF to acquire the B variant of J-10 !!

J-10 is far superior to su-27 in A2A combat, but we don't know how much better it is over J-11B in A2A combat. And also, the overall capability of J-11B is considered higher, because it has better range/load, so it can do certain tasks that J-10 can't do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan placed orders for J-10A, with some changes to internal systems. That was made very clear by Huzhigeng when someone asked whether Pakistan went for the A or B version. It's utterly ridiculous to think that China would be able to deliver J-10B to Pakistan when it does not even reach IOC until end of the year (Chinese Calendar terms, that means early next year in around January). He also stated that J-10A assembly line would stay open even after J-10B is inducted, because CAC would still need to fill the orders from Chinese Navy and Pakistan for A version.

PAF will only get 36 J-10s..
PAF will be composed of high-medium tech fighters by 2014!
roughly 100 aircrafts will be f-16s and J-10s! (high tech)
and roughly 200-250 will be medium tech, Jf-17 thunders!

i know some of you may argue about thunder-blk2 being more capable than f-16. well f-16s are one of those fighters, which even with crappy radars, can win air battles!

information was posted few months ago which mentioned that numbers were raised from 36 to 56 units but I have strong suspicion that the numbers may eventually be much higher due to the fact that there was news about TOT. You do not transfer technology for produvtion of small numbers.

I hope that those who were apprehensive about higher number than 36 should start to believe. I have also seen few members on CDF who regularly opine as if there statements are true and official Chinese Government's policy. whether it is about share of profit on JF-17 or number or type of J-10 or naval systems Pakistan receives, make me suspect that they are not in Mainland but situated across the border or across Taiwan strait.

I agree with S10. Friends should control their exubrance and think more rationally. There may be fre years before you start seeing the new birds in PAF. If Pakistan needs J-10s immediately then they will be J-10A.

J10B officially in PLAAF uniform:
20110730131203239141021.jpg

45f00c2cgvb1ai9zavpq9&690

45f00c2cgvb1ai9zazzco&690

20110730131203294370538.jpg

Back
Top Bottom