What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

f12356d17e.jpg
71b02b0d9c.jpg
425a635fa4.jpg
05ad0fb3bc.jpg
j 10b with different modification

I have a question for every one who has posted on this thread. Why is the FC-20 being called MRCA? MRCA is term developed by IAF for its needs. It is not a generic terms and has never been used by PAF. Kinda reflects the immaturity of folks on this site.

MRCA means Multi-role combat aircraft. It's not developed by IAF, rather IAF and Indians are using the term to describe the aircrafts they want to buy. It is indeed a generic term for all multi role combat aircrafts, and FC-20/J-10B will indeed be a multi role combat aircraft.

Who took the close up pict of the DSI intake? That person must have some guts since the J-10B hasn't been officially disclosed yet.

This is J-10A's intake, notice the upward wedge on the upperside and straightish structure of intake rather than fwd leaning DSI on J-10B

I have a question for every one who has posted on this thread. Why is the FC-20 being called MRCA? MRCA is term developed by IAF for its needs. It is not a generic terms and has never been used by PAF. Kinda reflects the immaturity of folks on this site.

Abbreviation MRCA Multirole Combat Aircraft term is not harmful so can be used by any nation for their requirement for the Fighter Jets.

Factually PAF's requirement and the right term is ATA-ATF Advance Tactical Aircraft/Fighter or can also be called ADTA

Last edited:
There is no confirmation of FC-20s exact delivery in 2014. Either we would see it earlier then 2014 or in or after 2014.

One thing that makes China stand out is that THEY KEEP THEIR PROMIS AND DELIVERY DATES

That is why the world prefers to buy from China:china: 2014 it is

MRCA means Multi-role combat aircraft. It's not developed by IAF, rather IAF and Indians are using the term to describe the aircrafts they want to buy. It is indeed a generic term for all multi role combat aircrafts, and FC-20/J-10B will indeed be a multi role combat aircraft.

The term MRA i.e. was used only for Panavia Tornado and after that the only country to use the term MRCA or MMRCA is India. As far as PAF is concerned all it's recent or future acquistions are multirole i.e. JF-17, F-16 Blk 52 or the FC-20 so using the term MRCA for the FC-20 is really redundant and does say anything unique about the acquistion. PAF has never used the term either internally or publicly.

The term MRA i.e. was used only for Panavia Tornado and after that the only country to use the term MRCA or MMRCA is India. As far as PAF is concerned all it's recent or future acquistions are multirole i.e. JF-17, F-16 Blk 52 or the FC-20 so using the term MRCA for the FC-20 is really redundant and does say anything unique about the acquistion. PAF has never used the term either internally or publicly.

FC-20 will though be capable of MRMs but will be used as air superiority rather than true MRCA. So we will have MR Fleet (JFTs and Falcons) and Air domninence Fleet (FC-20)

One thing that makes China stand out is that THEY KEEP THEIR PROMIS AND DELIVERY DATES
That is why the world prefers to buy from China 2014 it is

Bhai read my post.:)
You and others can say 4 years or 2014 as long as we don't have confirmed dates we'll be waiting..be it in 2014 awesome for us, the point is exact date is not given only if pak def dot com sources confirms it on here.

That is why the world prefers to buy from China 2014 it is

Bhai read my post.:)
You and others can say 4 years or 2014 as long as we don't have confirmed dates we'll be waiting..be it in 2014 awesome for us, the point is exact date is not given only if pak def dot com sources confirms it on here.

delivery is 'planned' on or around 2014, if all PAF requirements are catered for - the issue is the powe-plant - russia has as yet not given 'ok' to use their engine, so a chinese engine wld be fitted on the FC-20. anyway still too early to predict what will happen.

Back
Top Bottom