What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Plus as i mentioned, the Chinese seem to be using more of these AESA based platforms and have operationalized compared to Europeans, so my bet and guess would be that China may be having more experience and tested platforms compared to Europeans, as in Europe only Sweden has good experience with their Erieye AESA based platform, rest are still doing research, development and future operational plans.

I don't think this is correct nor representative, because you have to consider that Europe is split in different countries, while China is one. China spends much more in developing this tech,and also fielding them, while in Europe, the countries are competitiors and develop techs, but often as tech demonstrators and not field all of them into operational service. But that doesn't mean they have not more experience compared to China. Ericsson (now Saab), or Selex have long experience with AESA radars, Erieye as you know is flying for a long time, so are older Selex radars, EF and Rafale has started their AESA radar developments in the early 2000s and the RBE 2 is ready and even in production.
Bottom line is, only because they have not the money to field all their techs, it doesn't mean they have not vast experience with them!
I don't understimates Chinas abilities, but I have some doubt about their radar and avionics beeing comparable to western.
But we can compare them only if we have reliable sources and specs of comparable Chinese radars.

599df9e370.jpg
19b87ba748.jpg
76790a062a.jpg
6f9bef6014.jpg
5116237bf7.jpg
1232e67df8.jpg
b4be0c64a6.jpg

When is FC20 flying in PAF colors?? its a beautiful bird indeed and will make an eye appealing candy next to F16.

^^ it would take many years for that to happen, first the next block(j10B) need to be standardized first then the production lines have to be set up and the current A version production needs to be stopped or switched over, the newer just built "A" version arnt gonna be upgraded for years after that due to costs and the fact that they are brand new

I don't think this is correct nor representative, because you have to consider that Europe is split in different countries, while China is one. China spends much more in developing this tech,and also fielding them, while in Europe, the countries are competitiors and develop techs, but often as tech demonstrators and not field all of them into operational service. But that doesn't mean they have not more experience compared to China. Ericsson (now Saab), or Selex have long experience with AESA radars, Erieye as you know is flying for a long time, so are older Selex radars, EF and Rafale has started their AESA radar developments in the early 2000s and the RBE 2 is ready and even in production.
Bottom line is, only because they have not the money to field all their techs, it doesn't mean they have not vast experience with them!
I don't understimates Chinas abilities, but I have some doubt about their radar and avionics beeing comparable to western.
But we can compare them only if we have reliable sources and specs of comparable Chinese radars.

Well i did not said that Europe has less experience then China, my POV was with respect to operational deployment of AESA radars, where China has more experience compared to Europe, as due to whatever reason, they have more AESA based techs on the field, airborne system, land based system & sea based system all are in operational use and for many years now. So, Europe must be in this field before China entered, but since China fielded in operational use more of these assets, thus they may have more experience in the field related experience. As testing and development experience and operational experience are both different and have different results. And I did mention that Selex and Saab are the ones with major experience in this field.

Chinese may be not equal to Western, but since they have more assets in service, it gives them better edge to learn about the issues in the field operations and as told before, they seem to have good trust in their systems, thus deploying them in numbers now.

And Europeans would be no less then anyone, as their vast experience when combined together would result in a very good product. Even in start and currently also, European systems have American components too, which hopefully in future would become all European.

There is a possibility that the Chinese have rushed their AESA into the field.. deciding to complete all trails while deployed..and iron out any problems in the field.

Santro,, what is this circuit board as your avatar?

I see FO connections.. seems to me like some signal interface and processor!

Well to be honest , most europeans also complete products with defects just look at Euro fighters , it crashed so often

Yet the marketing ppl keep spreading stuff that it is the most stable most deadly weapon ever built yet it crashes in Saudia , crashes in Europe been cancelled by few and then ordered here and there.

The cloack of European "Quality" is sorta disappearing its a myth that started with cars like BMW how great and efficient they are this and that but now all the stuff is out sourced and that idea is dead now same with Euro fighter its outsoured plane

Vs the J10B is a 100% built plane in China , and its well tested - 10 years + how much more testing can it get infact

And now China is making J11 and J10 and JF17 thunder so they already have mastered the art of making Awesome fighter planes

Even the outer body and shape , and design used to be a european/american advantage but look at J10B its just a amazing looking plane unique and 100% chinese and even then the haters will try to credit Israelis ofr the plane if Israeli are so great why don't they make a plane ? :rofl: the bottom line is they were horrible at it and so that was it

China created J10B with hard work , and it pays off :coffee:

Once we induct the 36 J10B in our fleet we will be wonderful balanced force , 36 airsuperiority fighters, and 75 F16 in support role

300 JF17 thunder for multi purpose missions.

And lets not forget 200 Mirages that are are still operational armed with SD-10 BVR

^ 2014-2015 approximately.

By the way, can someone clarify if China is going to replace all current J-10A to advanced J-10B near future, correct? so no longer on J-10A?

No. However new ones maybe j10B or similar configuration.
araz

Vs the J10B is a 100% built plane in China , and its well tested - 10 years + how much more testing can it get infact

And now China is making J11 and J10 and JF17 thunder so they already have mastered the art of making Awesome fighter planes

Even the outer body and shape , and design used to be a european/american advantage but look at J10B its just a amazing looking plane unique and 100% chinese and even then the haters will try to credit Israelis ofr the plane if Israeli are so great why don't they make a plane ? :rofl: the bottom line is they were horrible at it and so that was it

I was under the impression that the Isrealis did provide some input through their Lavi project during the development of the J-10. I think its wrong to claim the Isrealis were horrible at building planes. They are a small nation with a relatively small military budget; when you can buy US planes at subsidized prices, what is the reasoning for developing your own. Instead the Isrealis have focused development on specific key parts in order to customize US planes to their liking, far more cost effective, F-16I is a perfect example.

:smokin:Isreal produces no planes just some drones and some electrical and computing research and development even that is stolen US goods

I think too much credit is given to Israel's contribution why would China that produced its own russian versioned planes LONG before , J11, J10 JF17 etc would want to learn from Israel ?

Really :lol:

Its like asking a blind person to teach me how to see the light when Israel has not produced a single fighter of its own how can they possibly teach anyone else if anything ...its a GIMICK to steal away from Chinese engineer's vision and innovation ....;)

:woot::china:

The Lavi project helped great deal in J-10's development, and the knowledge has been fully absorbed by China's engineers. Innovation is never about reinventing the wheel. It is about improvement. J-10 is the point when China starts to develop its own line of military aviation. Future Chinese planes will not be Russian, American, or European. They will be Chinese concept and Chinese innovation. The J-10 is already radically different from the original Lavi, and it is on a level that Israel cannot possibly achieve alone by itself.

Back
Top Bottom