What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

lavi4wj.jpg

looks like the defunct israeli LAVI fighter or a F-16?

i had a couple of lavi pics saved in my pc-- here u go!

http://dc181.*******.com/img/5bfFh1Al/0.27693416884323885/lavi.gif

http://dc244.*******.com/img/Gw7wKYOI/0.6092586465811997/IAI-Lavi-B-2-hatzerim-2.jpg

you can see lavi written under the cockpit

normal F-16s don't have canards. Definitely a Lavi.

what do you think would be the possible differences between PAF version and PLAAF version of J-10B.....apart from some local and western avionics. As i am highly skeptical that PAF version would feature same critical and advanced components as PLAAF, so IMHO J-10B will still remain superior to FC-20 in some key areas e.g. systems and avionics

This plane is definitly not a J10B ... lol :oops:

I mean this is just a F16 A/B mini white painted with a horrible canopy

J10B is a100% Chinese Innovation and design , I mean just look the length of the plane , and the engine , and the amazing delta wing chinese plane had I mean the agility of the plane is just beyond any possible with even F16

This is another one of those moment when in Manhatten project 130,000 people scientiest took part and for some reason , "MEDIA" opted to make one guy e=mc2 has the brain child of Atomic bomb , and then it just clicked to me why ? And please even the atomic theory was brain child of several scientist

To say that LEVi is something is funny I rather compare it some what to F16 the experimental delta wing design

But the J10B just is a New plane - its better then F16 and LEVI was a experimental RC plane more comparable to K8 even K8 is more reliable

I will give credit where its due , I mean I am a big Spielberg fan and also appreciate Natlie Portman etc but I mean really J10B is copy of LEVI is a far fetched idea

Last edited:
Back in the early 80's.. Isreali engineers requested an extra course on the F-16 with the designers themselves, such as aerodynamics, construction , avionics etc.. as they said "to allow for better maintenance".
However.. the knowledge they gained on the F-16 was used on the Lavi using US funding.. it took a lot of American pressure to cancel that program.. had it stayed.. Israel would no longer look to the US for hardware..
As much as people would like to think..the US Israel relationship is a lot of give and take.. and the Americans did not want to lose an important customer...even though its American tax payer money that pays for that hardware.. weird world this is.

The Israelis did provide an initial study for the J-10.. but think of it as primary school..the rest of it was all in house. Which is why the J-10 is distinctively different from the Lavi.

The Pakistan Air Force has unveiled plans to purchase, build and fly more than 150 J-10 planes, one the finest flying birds in the Chinese inventory. This acquision (which includes shared development, improvement in design, and local manufacting in Pakistan) will add unprecedented fire power to the PAF which is continueing to build, and export the JF-17 Thunders. Islamabad plans to build more than 500 JF-17 Thunders and keep at least 250 of these for its own use.
Some versions of the redesigned J-10s will take off in 2009, however the official flight date for the Pakistani FC-20s is 2015, but in actuality the Pakistanis are way ahead on the schedule and working beyond the J-10 redesigns. The PAF is looking beyond the JF-17 thunders and the J-10s. The design for the next generation of Pakistani aircraft has already begun. The Chinese J-10s are ready for export now. The rediesgn and upgrade of the FC-20s will take about five more years. Here is a report by Defense Industry Daily, a very respectable news source on defense equipment.Pakistani FC-20s--improved and redesigned versions of J-10s made per Pakistani specifications--will be manufactured in Pakistan: In November 2009, a long-rumored deal was announced for China’s Jian-10/ FC-20 4+ generation fighter.

The Pakistan Air Force has unveiled plans to purchase, build and fly more than 150 J-10 planes, one the finest flying birds in the Chinese inventory. This acquision (which includes shared development, improvement in design, and local manufacting in Pakistan) will add unprecedented fire power to the PAF which is continueing to build, and export the JF-17 Thunders. Islamabad plans to build more than 500 JF-17 Thunders and keep at least 250 of these for its own use.
Some versions of the redesigned J-10s will take off in 2009, however the official flight date for the Pakistani FC-20s is 2015, but in actuality the Pakistanis are way ahead on the schedule and working beyond the J-10 redesigns. The PAF is looking beyond the JF-17 thunders and the J-10s. The design for the next generation of Pakistani aircraft has already begun. The Chinese J-10s are ready for export now. The rediesgn and upgrade of the FC-20s will take about five more years. Here is a report by Defense Industry Daily, a very respectable news source on defense equipment.Pakistani FC-20s--improved and redesigned versions of J-10s made per Pakistani specifications--will be manufactured in Pakistan: In November 2009, a long-rumored deal was announced for China’s Jian-10/ FC-20 4+ generation fighter.

Post the link.

So who sponsors the Rupee news ? I am so curious reading Rupee news makes my day :woot:

Is ISI or Chinese sponsoring it , I just want to congradulate the organization that runs that covert operation

Lavi looks amazing.

J10 looks to long and big to be JUST POWERED by a single engine.

I don,t think it could match a twin engined fighter for range or acceleration.

Lavi looks amazing.

You just witnessed its performance in the link given above.. J-10 is 10/10! Not an inch short of a complete challenger to any western 4+ gen fighter which are though twin-engined.

Lavi looks amazing.

oh my god people! The whole Chinese establishment has failed, only one engine for the j-10! How could they ever approve a single engine fighter! Quick, someone get Chengdu on the line and tell them to slap on another engine or two because super engineer storm force is skeptical about its capabilities. :disagree:
Its one thing to dislike a plane or its capabilities, but at least provide some sort of tangible evidence. Twin engines are great, on a heavier plane; unless the idea is to use j-10 as a transport to the moon, I think we are good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom