What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Lavi looks amazing.

J10 looks to long and big to be JUST POWERED by a single engine.

I don,t think it could match a twin engined fighter for range or acceleration.

It's the power out-put of an engine that counts, not the number. The JSF is powered by a single engine and performs better than 2 engine A-5 Fantan. (This comparison is given keeping your logic as the point of view)

So who sponsors the Rupee news ? I am so curious reading Rupee news makes my day :woot:

Is ISI or Chinese sponsoring it , I just want to congradulate the organization that runs that covert operation

lol thats why you are always so optimistic like the author of rupeenews

BTW his name is Moin Ansari

I think that AL-31 is powerful enough to handle a medium fighter like the J-10. Just keep in mind that the F-16 and Mirage 2000 were also single engined jets.

Lavi looks amazing.

J10 looks to long and big to be JUST POWERED by a single engine.

I don,t think it could match a twin engined fighter for range or acceleration.

Damn you come up just now to tell us this important fact?! how could we have missed this...guys lets restart the project from the begining we have just figured out a main problem which we overlooked!:cry:

Aeronautics - Stealth Fighters and Bombers in China / The Quest for Superpower Status

The JF-17 is in state of continual design evolution, it might be considered as an ongoing testbed for advanced features even as it has entered production for the PAF. It is light years past the Super-7 stage when it was basically a clone of the MiG-21. Stealthiness continues to improve via: nose redesign around a new AESA radar for reduced RCS; increased use of composite materials; a new RAM paint; and a new DSI with better performance at high altitudes and high speeds. The latest iteration of the WS-13 turbofan may be used in the stealthier JF-17, although improved Thrust to Weight Ratio (TWR) is mitigated by the weight increases due to increased wing size, larger internal fuel tanks and twin tails although increased use of light weight composites will be utilized.

Larger wing size brings with it improved high altitude maneuverability, and the capacity to utilize larger fuel tanks for greater range. How many of these important design changes go into production, as opposed to restriction to a technology demonstrator, is not clear. 'Officially', the major upgrade to the JF- 17 is scheduled for 2012 by which time Chinese made avionics and turbofan engine meet qualifications. A major, production upgrade to an export fighter should not be made until a first and major customer is contracted. Pakistan may also unveil a second advanced fighter in 2012 based upon the American F-16, block 60 as flown by the UAE Air Force. Or buy J-10s - ?J-10B – from China? Latest air to air missiles are being acquired from France.

In March 2009. the prototype of the Chengdu J-10B was unveiled, three months after the maiden flight in December, 2008. The J-10 series is well known over several models, but the J-10B was shrouded in secrecy from its beginning b because of advanced features that are believed to include a significantly reduced radar cross section. A DSI/bump inlet engine reduces aircraft weight and tested favorably on the FC-1/JF-17 It was then adopted for the J-10B. A IRST/LR radar enables passive detection of enemy aircraft which increases the stealth advantage of the J-10B in combat scenarios. A flatter nose resembles that of the USA F-16. It is believed that the 601 Design Institute developed a X-band AESA fire control radar, the first of its kind for a Chinese fighter. This increases the J-10B multi-target engagement and ECCM capability (cf pods under wings)

The vertical tailfin has a large fairing and ECM antenna, similar to that on on the French Mirage 2000. First tested on the FC-1/JF-17, the J-10B has a rear facing fairing MAWS sensor is underneath the parachute boom. Radar cross section is further minimized by RAM coating at engine inlet and the leading edges of the wings. When production is on the horizon, the turbofan engine may be the Chinese made WS-10A. Overall, the J-10B represents a major advance and might be the testbed for the advanced avionics earmarked for the J-20 stealth fighter. Overall, it now is comparable to the USA F-16E/block 60 and might be soon designated a multi-mission fighter, with an acceptable to speed less than that of the J-10A. Latest photos show that the prototype with pitot tube removed from the nose which indicates that the 03 prototype has had its maiden flight.

only for reference

27_145757_0c874a18089bea3.jpg

27_117146_fc43422f478c51e.jpg

27_117146_f9b84c71ff881c6.jpg

254_67991_25930a08cd54388.jpg

27_130613_cbe7cd12c634195.jpg

27_341_72176db2debdecc.jpg

Last edited:
_si_ProductFiles_TSM2848b.jpg

Who is this Bridy Chang, he have also painted Jf-17 that i posted in Jf-17 thread.

yar, am i dreaming?? -- i got 1300 hits on my youtube video n the past 8 hours!!

ive only posted this video's link here, no other forum

Eurofighter Typhoon vs J-10B / FC-20 Comparison

thats 9 hardpoints..(11 if you count the pod mounts)
the LGB's are on dual rails..
and thats the 4th repost of that pic :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom