What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

i download image from a site but i m not sure about this
j10a.jpg
one here is a j10A right what about he official specs

J-10B Vigorous Dragon

The latest 1035 prototype of the J-10B was photographed at CAC airfield in July 2011, revealing the indigenous WS-10B (?) turbofan engine. This much improved variant (1031 prototype) made its maiden flight on December 23, 2008, powered by a Russian AL-31FN engine. The improvements include a DSI/bump engine inlet which not only cuts weight but also reduces RCS, after a similar design was first tested onboard FC-1/JF-17. The aircraft also features a J-11B style IRST/LR and a wide-angle holographic HUD. IRST enables passive detection of enemy aircraft, making J-10B more stealthy in combat. Its nose appears flatter too, similar to that of American F-16, and fire-control radar is thought to be an X-band AESA developed by the 14th Institute (track 10, engage 4 simultaneously), the first of such type ever being developed for a Chinese fighter aircraft, giving J-10B a stronger multi-target engagement and ECCM capability. Two large pods housing testing equipments are attached under the wings. The tip of vertical tailfin was redesigned as well, featuring a large fairing containing communication and ECM antennas, which resembles that of French Mirage 2000. A rear facing MAWS sensor can be seen underneath the parachute boom. A similar system was tested onboard FC-1/JF-17. RAM coating is also expected in certain areas such as engine inlet and wing leading edges to reduce RCS. The aircraft may be fitted with CFTs in the future to further extend its range. All these improvements suggest that J-10B is equipped with a new generation of integrated electronic system, ranging from radar to EW system. Its mission may be changed from air-superiority to multi-role, such as CAS or EW. For air-superiority mission, normally 6 AAMs (PL-12x4 + PL-8x2, PL-12s are carried underneath the twin-rail launch pylon) can be carried. For CAS mission, normally 2 KD-88 AGMs or LS-500J LGBs can be carried. In addition, the aircraft is expected to be powered eventually by a WS-10B turbofan. Overall J-10B is thought to be comparable to American F-16E/Block 60. The 03 prototype first flew in August 2009, with the pitot tube removed from the nose tip. Both 1031 & 1034 prototypes are currently being tested at CFTE. J-10B is likely to serve as a testbed for various advanced technologies adopted by the 4th generation J-20 (see below) currently under development at CAC thus may not enter the service in large quantity with PLAAF. The production of J-10B is expected to be imminent (07 batch?). The initial batches are likely to be powered by Russian AL-31FN engines due to the low productivity rate of WS-10B.

- Last Updated 12/25/11

I am yet to see an OFFICIAL link from either side proving FC-20 is J-10B. To my understanding, it is a customized version of J-10A.

I am yet to see an OFFICIAL link from either side proving FC-20 is J-10B. To my understanding, it is a customized version of J-10A.

Im not sure.. in this article.. it says "china anounced it would give PAF J10-B," but if you continue to read on..
it says "Pakistan initially ordered 36 J10A's"

i would at this rate conclude if j10a= 1 and j10b= 2
Fc-20 will be around 1.6-2.0

Bottomline since we are to receave the jets in 2014-2015 time frame. You will see more elements from J-10B than J-10A
Procurement: China Gives J-10s Away

August 4, 2011: China recently announced that it would give Pakistan a squadron of J-10B fighter-bombers. That would be about twelve aircraft, which have been offered for export, for about half what the similar F-16 cost. The only buyer so far has been Pakistan, which ordered 36 J-10As earlier this year, with the goal of eventually getting 150. So the offer to Pakistan is mainly promotional (to get a foreign "customer" who can say what swell aircraft the J-10B is) and partly political (to show what a good ally China is, coming to the aid of Pakistan when the United States is threatening to cut the billions of dollars a year Pakistan has been receiving.)
However, the J-10 is the kind of gift most air forces would rather not receive. The J-10 is a strange, and dubious, war bird. Moreover, it was only two years ago that China publicly admitted that its new J-10 jet fighter existed. This despite the fact that the J-10 had entered service six years earlier, and there were plenty of J-10 photos on the Internet.

In CDF,PUPU said PAF J10 will be J10B,however Huzigeng said PAF J10 is a modified J10A
Actually, pupu and huzigeng are very reliable source of inside infos in CDF,

FC20 is modified J10A that is huzigeng's view
Uu25c.jpg

VS

FC20 is J10B that is pupu's view
tt0c6.jpg

i think this is still a secret between AVIC and PAF,Only time can show who was right...LOL

I believe the first initial batch of 36 will be upgraded J-10A's, with later batches being J-10B's.
J-10B will be available to Paf by 2014-2015 time frame.. after China has them equiped.

I have also read we can see some Fc-20's for PAF in late 2012. If we get Fc-20's before 2013 they are J-10A if we see the first squadron by Late 2014 they will be J-10B's.

This is what i have come to conclude. Time is of the essance now.

Im not sure.. in this article.. it says "china anounced it would give PAF J10-B," but if you continue to read on..
it says "Pakistan initially ordered 36 J10A's"

i would at this rate conclude if j10a= 1 and j10b= 2
Fc-20 will be around 1.6-2.0

Bottomline since we are to receave the jets in 2014-2015 time frame. You will see more elements from J-10B than J-10A
Procurement: China Gives J-10s Away

August 4, 2011: China recently announced that it would give Pakistan a squadron of J-10B
fighter-bomber
s. That would be about twelve aircraft, which have been offered for export, for about half what the similar F-16 cost. The only buyer so far has been Pakistan, which ordered 36 J-10As earlier this year, with the goal of eventually getting 150. So the offer to Pakistan is mainly promotional (to get a foreign "customer" who can say what swell aircraft the J-10B is) and partly political (to show what a good ally China is, coming to the aid of Pakistan when the United States is threatening to cut the billions of dollars a year Pakistan has been receiving.)
However, the J-10 is the kind of gift most air forces would rather not receive. The J-10 is a strange, and dubious, war bird. Moreover, it was only two years ago that China publicly admitted that its new J-10 jet fighter existed. This despite the fact that the J-10 had entered service six years earlier, and there were plenty of J-10 photos on the Internet.

Wow BONUS squadron !!! 18-24 planes !!! fantastic that would replace quite a few Mirages no doubt !!!

Hmm Shamsi Airbase could use some Promotional J10 fighters :P

China Officially Offers Pakistan J-10 Variant
By USMAN ANSARI
Published: 3 Aug 2011 10:22
Print Email
Bookmark and Share

ISLAMABAD - China for the first time officially offered Pakistan a variant of its most advanced frontline fighter, the Chengdu J-10 Vigorous Dragon/F-10 Vanguard.

Official Pakistani interest in the fighter dates back to February 2006, when then-Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf toured the J-10 production facilities on a trip to China. Pakistani government approval for the purchase of 36 FC-20s, a Pakistani-specific variant, was given in April 2006. Service entry was slated for the middle of the decade.

Precise details of the deal are not yet known. However, Usman Shabbir of the Pakistan Military Consortium think tank, said "the initial deal will be for at least two squadrons [at least 32 aircraft] and will be financed by China via a soft, long-term loan."

Analyst Kaiser Tufail said the J-10's operational autonomy would be far greater than that provided by the U.S.-built F-16C.

"It has to be remembered that India refused to consider the F-16C/D and F-18E/F, as they wanted a freer hand in operability aspects as well as technology transfer, which the U.S. was unwilling to provide," Tufail said.

With the J-10, Pakistan would "be able to operate it in an environment not constrained by security restrictions," and could base the aircraft wherever desired, Tufail said. He also said the lack of technology-transfer restrictions from the original equipment manufacturer is a factor.

"The J-10 will provide F-16-class capabilities for Pakistan but without the cost and political encumbrances of U.S.-sourced aircraft," Carlo Kopp of the Air Power Australia think tank said.

"What a J-10 would provide is quantity over any U.S.- or EU-sourced product," Kopp said, though he is still uncertain whether China will supply "pre-loved J-10A…or new-build J-10A or J-10B airframes."

Shabbir said the broader Sino-Pakistani combat aircraft relationship has eroded Western influence over Pakistan, though he remains concerned about the implications Pakistan's fragile economy has for its defense capabilities.

"The availability of J-10 and JF-17 from the Chinese means that Pakistan is now not that reliant on the U.S. and Europe for its aircraft requirements, and this of course will erode U.S influence over Pakistan in the long term," he said.

The Pakistani Air Force is the largest operator of U.S supplied weapons in South Asia and therefore most vulnerable to sanctions.

j10-new-coating-6.jpg

Hasnain as you said

SPECULATION

They have AROUND 200...

The chinease are also smart. They will acquire 300 more BUT these will be upgraded versions ie bock 2 & block 3 etc.

BEYOND 2020 they will switch to complete induction of fifth gen fighters only

J20 is too big and too cumbersome I see a single engined Chinease fifth gen fighter arriving on the scence around 2020..

The resaon they will induct ONLY 500 J10 not more is because their immediate adversaries will be fielding superior jets

USN F18S/H F22 & F35
Japan F35 & F15
India SU30MKI & TYPHOON.
South Korea FSX fighter & F15K
Russia PAK FA & SU35

For this reason i see FAR MORE INVESTMENT on J20 & SINGLE ENGINED FIFTH GEN FIGHTER.
After 2018 AND 500 VANGUARDS... J10/FC20
the j-10b were desing to counter any fourth gen(chinese 3rd gen) i.e f-18 or indian su 30 mki, f-15 or su 35..only thing that wount match it in one to one configartion are f-35,PAK-FA..for that j-20 will be inducted.

Do not waste money on a Chinese fighter. Pakistan can buy more F16. F16 is the best third-generation light aircraft. U.S. technology is the best in the world.

Do not waste money on a Chinese fighter. Pakistan can buy more F16. F16 is the best third-generation light aircraft. U.S. technology is the best in the world.

okay my friend i agree F16 is good fighter jet but china is loyal friend of Pakistan and America on other hand for f16 or each penny of there financial relief demands more blood shed in of Pakistan nation china fighter just are very good they have helped us built one JF17 thunder block1 which is 4th generation fighter jet and 4.5 is coming end of this year. And not to mention large no J10B which are more then 4.5 gen equal to f16 and F18 4.5 gen .:pakistan::yahoo: :china:

After 349 pages on the J-10 discussion, you come down to this? Some people can be so naive.

Not saying that the F-16 is bad. But J-10/FC-20 has good potential. Please, read up the developments.

Back
Top Bottom