What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Buddy i am already read it first look the date of the news and if you miss this part so read it again

In early March 2009, One Chinese PLA Air Force Pilot sucessfully made a forced landing of one J-10 fighter due to the air shut-down of AL-31F engine. As one kind of single engine fighter, J-10 is very dangerous when power system in trouble.

As a result, PLA Air Force has been knowing the stability of Russian engines and just imported AL-31F engines before the finish of WS-10 development. But the fact shows that the WS-10 engine just looks advanced but has no real advantages to AL-31F.

If they are still importing Russian engine then how can you claim that their new version is ready and already installed in their aircraft .

I read the time. At the time, the fleet with WS-10 was grounded. But, now we have photographic evidence of J-11B flying with WS-10A.

Can you provide the link pls?

Would Chinese news do?

The only non-Chinese source I have is the anti-Chinese Strategy page (which repeated called the J-10 a cheap, Lavi ripoff), which will probably quell any suspicions that they are playing up Chinese capabilities.

Surface Forces : Chinese Fleet Closes In On Okinawa

There have been confrontations. Last year, two Chinese J-10A chased away three Japanese F-2 fighters that were near the Senkakus. Two years ago, Chinese coast guard ships began patrolling in the Senkakus, along with Chinese J-10A fighters.

Buddy i am already read it first look the date of the news and if you miss this part so read it again

In early March 2009, One Chinese PLA Air Force Pilot sucessfully made a forced landing of one J-10 fighter due to the air shut-down of AL-31F engine. As one kind of single engine fighter, J-10 is very dangerous when power system in trouble.

As a result, PLA Air Force has been knowing the stability of Russian engines and just imported AL-31F engines before the finish of WS-10 development. But the fact shows that the WS-10 engine just looks advanced but has no real advantages to AL-31F.

If they are still importing Russian engine then how can you claim that their new version is ready and already installed in their aircraft .

Buddy read again it said that the J-10 made a forced landing because of the Russian engine, not a WS-10!

The author did not back up why the WS-10 just "looks avanced but has no real advantages to AL-31F'. Although the WS-10A has a shorter life time than the AL-31F (and relatively poor reliability) the WS-10A also could generate greater thrust than the AL-31F.

Regards.

I read the time. At the time, the fleet with WS-10 was grounded. But, now we have photographic evidence of J-11B flying with WS-10A.

I love to see that
BTW they are flying j10 with ws10 from 2005 but still quality of ws10 is doubtful so how can you say that second one is batter ???

I love to see that
BTW they are flying j10 with ws10 from 2005 but still quality of ws10 is doubtful so how can you say that second one is batter ???

Go to this link for the images. They are still a bit cautious about the engines since the landing gears are down but hey, it is still flying.

Buddy read again it said that the J-10 made a forced landing because of the Russian engine, not a WS-10!

The author did not back up why the WS-10 just "looks avanced but has no real advantages to AL-31F'. Although the WS-10A has a shorter life time than the AL-31F (and relatively poor reliability) the WS-10A also could generate greater thrust than the AL-31F.

Regards.

Chinese AVIC Top Head admits the Poor Quality of Jet Engine
Posted on 02 April 2009

Apr.2 (China Defense Mashup Reporting by Johnathan Weng) -- Mr. Lin Zuoming (林左鸣), the top head of ACIC (Aviation Industry Corporation of China), has to admit that China's "Taihang" WS-10 Turbofan engine is still unsatisfactory in its quality.

In one of his opening letter, he says that the military aircraft engine production has been the "chronic illness" in Chinese aviation industry and he urges that the solving of "Taihang" WS-10 Turbofan engine is the key step to reinforce the Quality Control Procedure in AVIC.

Now PLA Air Force has install some WS-10 engine on its J-11B dual-engine heavy fighters for evaluation. But the result is not positive. Some resources report that the quality of WS-10 engine is terrible and PLA Air Force has begun to lose patiency of purchasing more WS-10 engine.

Sir
I dnt want to say this again and again
Just want to prove one point that J10b is still underdevelopment and all major components of this fighters are in development
I dnt have doubt on Chinese capability

We know about engine problem because of pressure of press means China still importing engines so they have to admit it but what about other things like AESA radar other important things ????

Chinese AVIC Top Head admits the Poor Quality of Jet Engine
Posted on 02 April 2009

Apr.2 (China Defense Mashup Reporting by Johnathan Weng) -- Mr. Lin Zuoming (林左鸣), the top head of ACIC (Aviation Industry Corporation of China), has to admit that China's "Taihang" WS-10 Turbofan engine is still unsatisfactory in its quality.

In one of his opening letter, he says that the military aircraft engine production has been the "chronic illness" in Chinese aviation industry and he urges that the solving of "Taihang" WS-10 Turbofan engine is the key step to reinforce the Quality Control Procedure in AVIC.

Now PLA Air Force has install some WS-10 engine on its J-11B dual-engine heavy fighters for evaluation. But the result is not positive. Some resources report that the quality of WS-10 engine is terrible and PLA Air Force has begun to lose patiency of purchasing more WS-10 engine.

Sir
I dnt want to say this again and again
Just want to prove one point that J10b is still underdevelopment and all major components of this fighters are in development
I dnt have doubt on Chinese capability

We know about engine problem because of pressure of press means China still importing engines so they have to admit it but what about other things like AESA radar other important things ????

Well I stopped trying to say that the WS-10A could enter service immediately about 10-20 posts ago. I acknowledge that mistake. I was just saying that Russian engines, too, aren't as reliable as we like and we can't be too dependent on them either.

Electronically scanned radar is speculated, current J-10A models are still using the good old doppler radars. I don't know whether the J-10B will go with domestic or Russia AESA.

Electronically scanned radar is speculated, current J-10A models are still using the good old doppler radars. I don't know whether the J-10B will go with domestic or Russia AESA.
Russian AESA is a good choice on first hand as Chinese AESA is immature, But we will also have to see whether Russians will be willing to provide AESA for J-10? J-10 will certainly a worthy competitor for Russian Birds in international markets so Russians will certainly be mindful of that. As for PAF, I think PAF would prefer a western AESA (Vixen 1000E) in the first place. Chinese AESA would likely be a fallback option.

I think PAF would prefer a western AESA (Vixen 1000E) in the first place. Chinese AESA would likely be a fallback option

This whole Western avionics package thing might have been relevent a couple of years ago, but is it still? For instance, one does not hear the PAF making such suggestions, when was the last time you heard PAF say they want a Wesgtern radar on the J10/FC20?.

This whole Western avionics package thing might have been relevent a couple of years ago, but is it still? For instance, one does not hear the PAF making such suggestions, when was the last time you heard PAF say they want a Wesgtern radar on the J10/FC20?.
Taking your view....PAF has been mostly silent on even what model of J-10 will it procure, J-10A or B. unless its was leaked out in forums

Russian AESA is a good choice on first hand as Chinese AESA is immature, But we will also have to see whether Russians will be willing to provide AESA for J-10? J-10 will certainly a worthy competitor for Russian Birds in international markets so Russians will certainly be mindful of that. As for PAF, I think PAF would prefer a western AESA (Vixen 1000E) in the first place. Chinese AESA would likely be a fallback option.

I don't think that the Russian suppliers will want to sanction AESA to China and miss out on the business opportunity. Although the J-10, like the JF-17, may offer competition on the international market as you said there is nothing stopping the buyers from getting Chinese or Western radars. Besides there is a tenuous strategic tie between China and Russia right now. At the end of the day everyone should just relax and make more money :D.

I don't think that the Russian suppliers will want to sanction AESA to China and miss out on the business opportunity. Although the J-10, like the JF-17, may offer competition on the international market as you said there is nothing stopping the buyers from getting Chinese or Western radars. Besides there is a tenuous strategic tie between China and Russia right now. At the end of the day everyone should just relax and make more money :D.

but yet Russian AESA is also relatively new......although older than Chinese one ryt?

Taking your view....PAF has been mostly silent on even what model of J-10 will it procure, J-10A or B. unless its was leaked out in forums

the PAF is getting the FC-20, which is different in many ways with the standard chinese J-10A or J-10B. reports suggest the FC-20 is more closer to the J-10B but still different is its 'specifications'.

the PAF is getting the FC-20, which is different in many ways with the standard chinese J-10A or J-10B. reports suggest the FC-20 is more closer to the J-10B but still different is its 'specifications'.

I hope it is going to be the J-10B. J-10A, while a capable plane right now, may be a bit outdated when Pakistan purchases it in 2014 when a recent influx of stealth fighters (F-35/PAK-FA) ruins the regional air-power balance. Later along the roads (2020ish) I am hoping that China will produce stealth variants of the J-10. A dedicated stealth air superiority fighter is going to be very expensive, as demonstrated by the F-22 and PAK-FA, so a "converted" Fourth Gen Fighter similar to the Silent Eagle may be a more economical solution.

I hope it is going to be the J-10B. J-10A, while a capable plane right now, may be a bit outdated when Pakistan purchases it in 2014 when a recent influx of stealth fighters (F-35/PAK-FA) ruins the regional air-power balance. Later along the roads (2020ish) I am hoping that China will produce stealth variants of the J-10. A dedicated stealth air superiority fighter is going to be very expensive, as demonstrated by the F-22 and PAK-FA, so a "converted" Fourth Gen Fighter similar to the Silent Eagle may be a more economical solution.

i was just going through some pics hear u or any other may know the answer but fc20 hear have a smaller nose cone then j10b i mean its not final but it does show absence of AESA or im wrong plz speculate
f7037ec4a1a29ff32e8d9091354a005f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom