What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Shorkot makes prefect sense for FC-20, at least for one squadron but PAF may have all FC-20 there to minimize expenses in up gradation of air bases.
yeap shorkot is an obvious choice because of its location, it will surely see FC20, if not the first squadrons for one reason or the other then from next batches,

To me Minhas air base Kamra also a big candidate of FC-20 as most of strategic sites are located close to it.
again agreed, kamra and sargodha are also located at epicenter of our defence industry with coverage as far as Islamabad, AWC, PCA HIT, POF and many more. also hj786 to support your claim one should not forget sargodha's interception role for fighter flying towards Kohota!!

Hmmmmmm..... I think we need much more FC-20 than 36
:disagree:
no not again, bro 36 is only the intial order and PAF will surely cme up with follow orders. it is not my claim but what the PAF top brass have said time and time again!! the number is bound to go as high as 100 atleast!

regards!

Hi,

I believe that a sqdrn of FC 20's will be at samungli---quetta, if that air base does not get a couple of sqdrns of JF 17's.

It will be a big morale booster for baluchistan and will also get some more young baluch kids to jointhe air force.

If it was for my vote---firstsqdrn of Fc 20 for samungli---.

mirages are involved in marinetime warfare duties and will stay there untill they are replaced by JF17, this is what ia am saying!!
so foe me it will be like:
for high end role f16 blk52,
for normal duties Mirages for the time being and JF 17 when it replaces the existing mirage fleet!!
i hope you get the point now!

regards!
but we unlike in Past JF will not only have to perform an Antiship role it will also have to engage Fulcrum Ds of IN as well. For naval patrolling it will need a lot of fuel (all three fuel tanks IMHO) plus more than one AShM and then AAMs which would be 2 WVRs on tips. So if it wants to engage MIGs at BVR range it will have to abandon either its ASh role by allowing BVRs or sacrifice range By having lesser fuel. I think FC-20 will be a much better Maritime option as compared to JF-17 as it has 4 more hard points as compared to JF-17 so its a better contender

but we unlike in Past JF will not only have to perform an Antiship role it will also have to engage Fulcrum Ds of IN as well. For naval patrolling it will need a lot of fuel (all three fuel tanks IMHO) plus more than one AShM and then AAMs which would be 2 WVRs on tips. So if it wants to engage MIGs at BVR range it will have to abandon either its ASh role by allowing BVRs or sacrifice range By having lesser fuel. I think FC-20 will be a much better Maritime option as compared to JF-17 as it has 4 more hard points as compared to JF-17 so its a better contender

well that is a strong point! :agree: :tup:
but the initial deleiveries of FC20 will have more important tasks at there hand to tackkle threat form our eastren border in form of Su30 and MMRCA. when we are done wiht the follow order then we may see a squadron dedicated to marine duties!
what do you think?

regards!

Well One think just strike my mind... In presence of BM Pakistan must make sure that it spread its assets all over Pakistan. Pakistan is yet to have a reliable anti missile system so to avoid a possible (emphasis in on possible) missile strikes on air bases by missile like Barhamos etc.

Well One think just strike my mind... In presence of BM Pakistan must make sure that it spread its assets all over Pakistan. Pakistan is yet to have a reliable anti missile system so to avoid a possible (emphasis in on possible) missile strikes on air bases by missile like Barhamos etc.

that is what is being done,
we have some strong deployment all over the country of our present assets. now as the PF is going through modrenization phase the point is still kept in mind!
the deployment of F16Blk52 (when we get them) at shahbaz air base is an example of this!!

regards!

Last edited:
that is what is being done,
we have some strong deployment all over the country of our present assets. now as the PF is going through modrenization phase the point is still kept in mind!
the deployment of F16Blk52 (when we get them) at saheen air base is an example of this!!

regards!

Isn't it Shahbaz Airbase jacobabad?

Brahmos has a range of 290 Km and yet AL version is under development so if you say IA launching it from land I think its range is insufficient it will have to be an AL version but with AWACS in the air detecting it from 450 KMs I think PAF should be able to strike first. I am assuming AWACS over the Airfield if it is a bit away the effective distance would be 600 to 700 KM good margin for PAF to make an interception

New J-10 Pic.

nice pic bro but i think it is the old one, isnt it. No ECM housing on topp of tail, air intakes are also the old one as now they use DSI intakes,,
perhaps it is a pic of some of the first batch planes!

regards!

Last edited:
nice pic bro but i think it is the old one, isnt it. No ECM housing on topp of tail, air intakes are also the old one as now they use DSI intakes,,
perhaps it is a pic of some of the first batch planes!

regards!

ECM top housing, DSI intake are all characteristics of J-10B It is J-10A:agree:

Regards

Brahmos has a range of 290 Km and yet AL version is under development so if you say IA launching it from land I think its range is insufficient it will have to be an AL version but with AWACS in the air detecting it from 450 KMs I think PAF should be able to strike first. I am assuming AWACS over the Airfield if it is a bit away the effective distance would be 600 to 700 KM good margin for PAF to make an interception

I agree with you on Barhamos range but still there are lots of airbases close to international border which can fall in range of this missile like Lahore, Sialkot etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom