What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

considering that the army is repeatedly expanding its desert capabilities one should expect better aerial cover in the desert...However only the coming of this aircraft 5 years later will dictate its deployment according to its capabilities.

the new blk 52 F16s will be based at Sukkher,,,

regards!

the new blk 52 F16s will be based at Sukkher,,,

regards!

It makes a lot of sense as well. First of all air base will get new facilities along with new shelters for planes. Secondly, It you look at map closely Sukkar is very critical as it is soft belly of Pakistan and also don't forget all important Sukkar Barrage and other located on Indus.:pakistan:

I thought the new B-52's were going to Jacobabad..??... or is that close to Sukkur..god I really have forgotten my geography..

I was aware of that.. but I was wondering why he mentioned Sukkur..since Jacobabad is in the vicinity... and I have not heard of PAF Sukkur..

he news about Shabaz Airbase Sukkar was:
ECC grants Rs 7bn loan for Jacobabad airbase upgrade

ISLAMABAD: The Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) guaranteed on Tuesday to provide Rs 7 billion in loans to convert the Shahbaz Airbase in Jacobabad from a forward-operating base to a main-operating base.

A forward-operating base is only activated at times of war, while a main-operating base is fully operational in all states of combat readiness. Chaired by Federal Privatisation Minister Syed Naveed Qamar, the ECC meeting at the Prime Minister’s Secretariat granted ex-post facto approval for a government of Pakistan Guarantee and Term Finance Agreement for a loan of Rs 1 billion from the Allied Bank Limited for the base conversion.

The meeting also approved another government of Pakistan guarantee for Rs 6 billion during its discussion into the acquisition of a bank loan for the base conversion. It also approved the term finance agreement for the same amount that had already been signed by the Finance Division for the upgradation of the base.

The ECC also approved several other initiatives during the meeting, including the extension by one year of a Rs 3 billion government guarantee for the Karachi Electric Supply Company financial improvement plan.

it may be possible that i got it wrong at they might be based here but it is not mentioned in this report. actually i heared the news some time ago and do not actually remember it exactly. my be some senior member who do remember can guide us here!

regards!

I was aware of that.. but I was wondering why he mentioned Sukkur..since Jacobabad is in the vicinity... and I have not heard of PAF Sukkur..
yeap, you got it right my friend!

ACM T Mahmood interview September 2008
Block 52 F-16's will be based at PAF Shahbaz to replace Mirage aircreft in AD role. ''Final modifications are being sorted out in co-ordination with US authorities to ensure F-16 related facilities conform with DSCA standards/requirements''. Persumably this refers to the security guarantees asked for by the US prior to releasing the aircraft to PAF, in that the former wanted the ability to check (unannounced) the presence and location of these aircraft to ensure an example or two did not end up being loaned to someone (like China)

thanks for creating the doubt in my mind making me re-check the information. Thankyou.:toast_sign:

regards!

I think Jacobabad was choosen so that US officials already there can keep an eye on people who are dealing with F-16Ms.

No Us officials in Jacobabad.. packed up and left a while ago. However.. they did add infrastructure.. which has led to the improvment of Jacobabad.

No Us officials in Jacobabad.. packed up and left a while ago. However.. they did add infrastructure.. which has led to the improvment of Jacobabad.

it was being said that due to high temprature in jaccobabad the hangers will be build underground. any news on that??
it was reported that Shahbaz Airbase will be upgraded to turn it into a state of the art, high tech airbase with under ground facilities and F16 blk 52 stationed!!

regards!

Last edited:
This is really a good news if no yanki is there in Jacobabad. Surely if F-16M will be stationed at SAB it will have to go through some modification or may be expansion in facilities as well as more crew will be there once it is converted into Main Operational Base of PAF.

Current Shelters for fighter jets at SAB
:pakistan::pakistan:

Nope Arsalan.. nothing on that..only know about the improvements made to the runway and tarmac by the Americans.
Lets just hope the newer blocks even make it to Pakistan.. I have the sickening feeling that to add insult to injury they will be blockaded soon and given to the Moroccans as a starter package.

Nope Arsalan.. nothing on that..only know about the improvements made to the runway and tarmac by the Americans.
Lets just hope the newer blocks even make it to Pakistan.. I have the sickening feeling that to add insult to injury they will be blockaded soon and given to the Moroccans as a starter package.

To be honest after all this Harpoon modification sage in news I also have same feelings. But still positive lets wait and see what is there to unfold.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom