What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

I agree with you on Barhamos range but still there are lots of airbases close to international border which can fall in range of this missile like Lahore, Sialkot etc.

here comes another point, Barahmos like other Supersonic cruise missile fly high not like subsonic missile like Babur which can use train hugging and and use hard to detect ideology rather than Russian "Hard Hit with speed" ideology. If brahmos is launched by IA, then it will be easily detected from a good distance as it will not be flying low so it will be intercepted by using SAM sites if they are able to respond in time

here comes another point, Barahmos like other Supersonic cruise missile fly high not like subsonic missile like Babur which can use train hugging and and use hard to detect ideology rather than Russian "Hard Hit with speed" ideology. If brahmos is launched by IA, then it will be easily detected from a good distance as it will not be flying low so it will be intercepted by using SAM sites if they are able to respond in time

Do Pakistan has that sort of SAM systems? I think CIWS are much more potent against cruise missiles rather than SAM system and particularly against one like Barhamos and one more thing 290 KM for a missile traveling supersonic is not that much distance, So PAF will have to have detect mobile launchers of Barahmos and also will have to destroy them before that can hit. Here application of Raad is more significant but i would never mind if any other weapon is used by PAF until and unless it is serving the purpose.

Do Pakistan has that sort of SAM systems? I think CIWS are much more potent against cruise missiles rather than SAM system and particularly against one like Barhamos and one more thing 290 KM for a missile traveling supersonic is not that much distance, So PAF will have to have detect mobile launchers of Barahmos and also will have to destroy them before that can hit. Here application of Raad is more significant but i would never mind if any other weapon is used by PAF until and unless it is serving the purpose.
But would you prefer using CIWS against Nuke tipped Brahmos? look
here is a diagram
<--------------------AWACS+Defenders**-------------------->

IA-------> Brahmos !!!!! Border SAMs**-----------SAMS** at PAF Base

now you see we may have three options AAMs can intercept them best as they are faster than Brahmos Mach 3max Vs Mach 4. SAMs can also do it we have Spada 2000 plus an indigenous Sam for short range so options are there

But would you prefer using CIWS against Nuke tipped Brahmos? look
here is a diagram
<--------------------AWACS+Defenders**-------------------->

IA-------> Brahmos !!!!! Border SAMs**-----------SAMS** at PAF Base

now you see we may have three options AAMs can intercept them best as they are faster than Brahmos Mach 3max Vs Mach 4. SAMs can also do it we have Spada 2000 plus an indigenous Sam for short range so options are there
Lol I would never use even SAM to take a nuclear tipped SAM for that matter as SAM's max range would be 20-30 KM (until Pakistan can get something like S-300MPU in order to destroy nuclear tipped missiles at some safe distance)

ECM top housing, DSI intake are all characteristics of J-10B It is J-10A:agree:

Regards

originally post by myself,,,
perhaps it is a pic of some of the first batch planes!
and that i guess are the ones you call J10. as far as i know the project is now moving into J10B,,,

regards!

Lol I would never use even SAM to take a nuclear tipped SAM for that matter as SAM's max range would be 20-30 KM (until Pakistan can get something like S-300MPU in order to destroy nuclear tipped missiles at some safe distance)

we have FT-2000 which would do the same but with SS speed the interception distance is much lesser

New J-10 Pic.

I think Fennecus meant to say that it is a new tandem seated J-10S variant of the old design, China is still manufacturing & inducting the old design J-10 becoz the new J-10B is still some years before it becomes into production line & becomes operational, till then China will keep producing a sufficient number of J-10 aircraft for its air force.

A miniature J-10 in action :) enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:

I beg to differ have you seen a video of the brahmos flight path ..it does not completely have a high altitude flight path --during the launch and the terminal phase it is very low ,all the brahmos test videos show it attacks the target from the side and not the top :woot:

I beg to differ have you seen a video of the brahmos flight path ..it does not completely have a high altitude flight path --during the launch and the terminal phase it is very low ,all the brahmos test videos show it attacks the target from the side and not the top :woot:

can you please also elaborate that how does it achieves greater maneuverability required at low level while being Mach 3?

Brahmos has a range of 290 Km and yet AL version is under development so if you say IA launching it from land I think its range is insufficient it will have to be an AL version but with AWACS in the air detecting it from 450 KMs I think PAF should be able to strike first. I am assuming AWACS over the Airfield if it is a bit away the effective distance would be 600 to 700 KM good margin for PAF to make an interception
That's not correct, the maximum instrumental range of Erieye is over 400Km, but for fighters, or cruise missiles it is less. As you can see in the picture the detection range for cruise missiles is less than 200 Km.

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/7272/saab2000ig9.jpg

can you please also elaborate that how does it achieves greater maneuverability required at low level while being Mach 3?

yes i agree that maneuverability is inversely proportional to speed but brahmos is not completely non maneuverable, but THE LAND TARGETS ARE NOT MOBILE IN MOST OF THE CASES IN WHICH THE BRAHMOS WILL BE USED ----mostly important radars locations

and for sea targets you have to consider the simple fact of relative motion as a ship moving at 30 knots will not pose much of a challenge

i dont want to post anything further about this topic in THIS THREAD

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom