What's new

Change of BIG HEART:Milder MODI offers advise to Pakistan

Mine

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
NEW DEHLI:

Narendra Modi, the prime ministerial candidate of India’s Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), said on Sunday that India, Pakistan and Bangladesh needed to fight poverty, illiteracy and superstition, not each other.

He was addressing a meeting of former servicemen in Rewari, in the Indian state of Haryana. Modi’s speech stands out because of the relatively low level of belligerence towards Pakistan and China – he offered advice to them rather than typically waving the stick at them.

There were high hopes when a civilian government came to power in Pakistan, he said. “I want to tell my friends in Pakistan that all these bombs and landmines have not done you any good. For 10 years, work towards driving terrorism out of your country, not making your land a home for terror. It will help the youth and the poor,” the Gujarat chief minister said.

This was his first public address since he was declared the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate in the upcoming general elections scheduled for spring next year.

Modi is a controversial political figure for his alleged Hindu bias during the communal violence in Gujarat in 2002. An Ahmedabad court gave a clean bill to Modi over the Gulbarg Society massacre and Godhra riots case. On April 10, 2012, the court announced that the Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) did not find any proof that could implicate him and 61 others accused in the case.

Meanwhile, on domestic terrorism, he said the problem originated because of the current dispensation in New Delhi. “Compared to World War I and World War II, today there are more people in the world who are victims of proxy wars, which is terrorism. We need to address these proxy wars.”

Modi, who seemed to have started his political campaign, claimed that a change in government at the Centre would contribute to making India safer and more secure.

Published in The Express Tribune, September 16th, 2013.

Change of heart: Milder Modi offers advice to Pakistan – The Express Tribune

both pro and anti modi people make too much of his speeces ... big heart, wtf?

what change ? modi ji have this view from begining. he wants that pakistan should stop support of terrorism.

i hate him ..he is involved in killing of muslims ..may be thats why he is getting to much support from hindus

I like MODI, he will finish this cold war between Pakistan and India and reached end game pretty early..

All these fcking politicians are the same. Congress v BJP what exactly is the difference ? Offcourse some Hindutva clowns have these dreams that immediately when Modi becomes the PM then poverty will disappear in India, Pakistan will cease its terror operations against India, China will bow to India and all the internal state squabbles will disappear. And when the BJP fails to make their dreams a reality within 5 years , then they will boot the BJP out and re-elect Congress only to moan and ****** for the next 20 years. Somebody should tell the voters of India that is not how democracy works. For starters if the people of India want to see a better life then they should adopt the motto ..."be the change you want to see in others". Start demanding change from the bottom up. Or else the world's largest democracy will continue to remain nothing more than the world's largest bureaucracy with a fancy title.

a terrorist Modi is sugarcoating his face, kill him before he becomes prime minister, he is a threat to the region's peace !!

All these fcking politicians are the same. Congress v BJP what exactly is the difference ? Offcourse some Hindutva clowns have these dreams that immediately when Modi becomes the PM then poverty will disappear in India, Pakistan will cease its terror operations against India, China will bow to India and all the internal state squabbles will disappear. And when the BJP fails to make their dreams a reality within 5 years , then they will boot the BJP out and re-elect Congress only to moan and ****** for the next 20 years. Somebody should tell the voters of India that is not how democracy works. For starters if the people of India want to see a better life then they should adopt the motto ..."be the change you want to see in others". Start demanding change from the bottom up. Or else the world's largest democracy will continue to remain nothing more than the world's largest bureaucracy with a fancy title.

DONT GENERALIZE ALL POLITICIANS/POLICE/BUREAUCRATS ARE SAME THEY R SUCKING BLOOD bla,bla,bla.....
EVERYBODY knows overnight people/system wont change,it NEEDS TIME & LEADERSHIP but if we see the last 10 years dynasty RULE y not we change it.

Back
Top Bottom