What's new

Chandrayaan-2: India to go it alone

BTW India has world's largest network of remote sensing satellites.

During Hurricane Sandy, NASA contacted ISRO for the information as they had technical difficulty.

above spectrum shows spikes at 17, 18, 28 and 44 amus detailing the various content of the lunar atmosphere. 18 is water, 28 is nitrogen and 44 is carbon dioxide

Thank you, I am capable of reading a Electron ionization graph, I am a qualified Engineer. Do you have a high resolution of the graph? Do you technical details regarding the instruments?

@ashok321

Just an info that ISRO had traced it and due to protocols involved couldn't say. Read that part too. NASA probe confirmed it.

So credit goes to both ISRO and NASA. Point is ISRO alone got the trace but as I said and mentioned in article, any such discovery require cross checking and strict checking. NASA finding helped in confirming Indian find.

But as the confirmation came on NASA + ISRO mission, the discovery was claimed to be of both.

I am not claiming anyone's finding. Just telling what happened. Don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited by a moderator:
The article never said, FOUND by India/MIP, but concludes that M3 FOUND it.

Then I don't need to technical document of the instruments used on board the MIP. If the M3 found evidence of water, NASA found water India provided the logistics.

Your argument is like saying, the driver of a somebody contributes to his daily work because he provided the logistical means. True he provided the logistical means, however that person could just as easily replace the driver, in the someway NASA can.

So its unfair to claim that India contributed to finding water on the luna surface, if its established that evidence for this claim was made by the M3.

Just an info that ISRO had traced it and due to protocols involved couldn't say. Read that part too. NASA probe confirmed it

Hey my reptile friend :)

And those protocols scientific language?
Discovered is certainly not one of them, hence Indians kept quite.
You know what I mean - in science the more the tall claims - the more the burden of evidence!

You can always keep dreaming, I'm not going stop you.

Unlike India, SL's space industry is completely privatized has no government involvement and are profit making entities. I'm pretty sure ISRO has been running negative ever since its creations.

While your government dwindles with an inferiority complex, SL corporations are returning profit from your own industries careless investment decisions. SupremeSAT (Pvt) Ltd

Sri lanka does things out of a reasoned thought process, not for 'water finding achievements' lol

ISRO is one of top organisations that maintain oceanographic and weather satellites, recently US also took help of ISRO when a hurricane touched Newyork city.

ISRO is also earning money through private launches.

Read more about ISRO seems you lack the knowledge about this organisation.

India's rocket launch business is open to industry | NDTV.com

You know what I mean - in science the more the tall claims - the more the burden of evidence!

India established the presence of water on the Luna surface on a 'balance of probabilities' ROFL

Then I don't need to technical document of the instruments used on board the MIP. If the M3 found evidence of water, NASA found water India provided the logistics.

Your argument is like saying, the driver of a somebody contributes to his daily work because he provided the logistical means. True he provided the logistical means, however that person could just as easily replace the driver, in the someway NASA can.

So its unfair to claim that India contributed to finding water on the luna surface, if its established that evidence for this claim was made by the M3.

The expedition WAS Indian, so how US alone can claim to have found water by itself?
Rockets are not cars - just as you are Singhala and not an American.
Are you stupido?

ISRO is one of top organisations that maintain oceanographic and weather satellites, recently US also took help of ISRO when a hurricane touched Newyork city.

ISRO is also earning money through private launches.

Read more about ISRO seems you lack the knowledge about this organisation.

India's rocket launch business is open to industry | NDTV.com

Don't show me news articles that a person with an art degree wrote. However I'd be interested in seeing an annual earnings sheet. How does ISRO compare on a acid test? At the end of the day it is clear that ISRO would not survive if its not bank rolled by the government, ISRO cannot support itself without external help.

That's what I said. ISRO can't say it discovered as one has to give more evidence too. NASA probe did that. NASA gets to tell the world as they had data to make that claim. ISRO don't have that much capability.

I got your point. To prove something of this magnitude you need huge amount of data about the variables involved. Too many sensors and god knows what. NASA have that technology.

I am just telling what happened. I think you know how many aspects one has to cover before making such claims. If few things are missing, it is not sufficient to make that claim and if did, you might get mocked or discarded. :D

Don't show me news articles that a person with an art degree wrote. However I'd be interested in seeing an annual earnings sheet. How does ISRO compare on a acid test? At the end of the day it is clear that ISRO would not survive if its not bank rolled by the government, ISRO cannot support itself without external help.

What is your technical expertise in Space industry to question about Chandrayaan 1??

Do you have a degree in finance to question the bussiness model of ISRO??

You are arrogant here, what is your specialization in engg.??

I also agree with this, not just because of India socioeconomic status, but governments shouldn't be spending tax money on space programs, that should be reserved for the private sector. I'm yet to see NASA get an ROI on their discovery of water on the moon.
I'm sick of hearing this nonsensical argument. If it was up to you mind of people we'd still be living in caves in Africa! Have you heard of aspiration? How do you think a country devlops if not through intensive R&D and scientific Exploration? If you left it to the pvt sector all they'd be doing is taking paying millionaires on joy rides into space.

Do you know what a merit good is?

And btw it has been said that up and till 2000 for every $1 the USG Invested in NASA they got $30 back through patents and royalties from the new innovations created by NASA's R&D.

Back
Top Bottom