What's new

Challenger 3 turret production has started

Georg

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Challenger-3-2-_British-Army-scaled-e1648475945138.jpg

With the cutting of the first steel elements, Pearson Engineering has begun manufacture of the turret structures for the British Army's new Challenger 3. On behalf of Rheinmetall BAE Systems Land (RBSL), the general contractor for the Challenger 2 Life Time Extension Project, Pearson Engineering is manufacturing the turret structures for the 148 main battle tanks to be converted. After the conversion, the main battle tanks are referred to as Challenger 3. Their lifespan is expected to last until 2040. According to the British Army, the steel structures house the turret subsystems that ensure the Challenger 3 is a networked, digital battle tank with cutting-edge impact, enhanced survivability, and best-in-class surveillance and targeting capabilities. The Challenger 3 will be at the heart of the British Army's modernized warfare capabilities as defined under the Future Soldier programme. “The turret fabrication carried out here by Pearson Engineering is critical to the delivery of a fully digitized turret ensuring our modernized main battle tank receives the most effective firepower in Europe,” said Brigadier General Nick Cowey, Senior Responsible Officer (SRO) for the Program. The new modular armor was reportedly developed based on advances in armor technology. As part of the Challenger 3's layered protection, the fleet will also be the first British Army platform to receive the Active Protection System (APS) designed to enable it to detect and neutralize incoming threats.

https://esut.de/2022/03/meldungen/33316/turmproduktion-fuer-den-challenger-3-hat-begonnen/

cant beat ze Germans in Engineering, one only has to drive a German Car to understand what i mean. :angel:

even the L85 series of rifles with their imperfections had to be improved by German engineers and gunsmiths.

cant beat ze Germans in Engineering, one only has to drive a German Car to understand what i mean. :angel:

even the L85 series of rifles with their imperfections had to be improved by German engineers and gunsmiths.
*laughs in Japanese reliability*

I'd deign that the Japanese who may not have the fabled engineering innovation capability of German engineers, still put a lot of orderly forethought and consideration into any design, including that of military weapons. Attention to detail is where it's at for longevity.

Firsthand experience for innumerable Japanese examples of manufactured products.

its not reliability, its longevity.
Got a Toyota Prius and after 35K still going strong, not a single issue. I even had it on a dirt track in the with the bottom scraping on rocks and stuff and it still came out strong. It's price is still hovering near to what I bought it at after three years and the way things are going with the fuel prices I might get more lol. Toyota keep harassing me to sell the car to them and I say no way.

Got a Toyota Prius and after 35K still going strong, not a single issue. I even had it on a dirt track in the with the bottom scraping on rocks and stuff and it still came out strong. It's price is still hovering near to what I bought it at after three years and the way things are going with the fuel prices I might get more lol. Toyota keep harassing me to sell the car to them and I say no way.
I drive a Toyota too, German cars are brilliant but damn are they very expensive to maintain. every £ spent on a car is a £ you never get back. but you have to spend ££ on your car to keep it going.

There is a reason why more than 90% of Taxis are Toyota in Britain because of reliability.

I drive a Toyota too, German cars are brilliant but damn are they very expensive to maintain. every £ spent on a car is a £ you never get back. but you have to spend ££ on your car to keep it going.

There is a reason why more than 90% of Taxis are Toyota in Britain because of reliability.
funny part in Germany 90% of all Taxi are Mercedes running high miles without any issius... in Spain most Taxis are Renault and Citreon...and you know what they run high on miles like all other without any problems... if Tyota would be so much better than anyone else they would completely dominate the world...they dont because the different are minimal

funny part in Germany 90% of all Taxi are Mercedes running high miles without any issius... in Spain most Taxis are Renault and Citreon...and you know what they run high on miles like all other without any problems... if Tyota would be so much better than anyone else they would completely dominate the world...they dont because the different are minimal
most of continental europe drives German cars and it makes sense, even the french drive more German cars than their own from my own observation, stats might prove me wrong. Globally Japanese Cars are more visible but people are shifting more and more towards German cars.

I have driven German cars most of my life, But I have shifted over to Toyota because of cost of maintenance and reliability. As I said earlier every £ spent on a car is a £ you dont get back but you have to ££ on your car.

It won't be more bhai. Look at inflation and currency Devaluation. These two things Pakistanis sadly don't understand

Interesting observation you make. The first car I bought was a Ford Cortina 1977 model in 1982 when I passed my test. After that I had mixed bag of Vauxhalls, Citroens, Puegeots. My absolute fav Pug was a 405GRI - stunning car. This was about 1990 and it had everything you could want - it was loaded. It was a feamle magnet. I bought this after having had a Pug 309 which was utterly reliable if tad noisy diesel engine.

Then about 1993 I bought my first German car - a Merc E class. Since then it has always been German. Audi, BMW are my to go cars today. I have a BMW 4series coupe - I adore this car. Drives like a dream. Even on the worse day it puts a smile on my face as I push the pedal down ....

Going bavk to taxis in Turkey I noticed almost all are Fiats, in Marocco Renaults etc in other parts o Europe I notice Skodas are popular.

Whilst some time back Japanese cars might have had reputation for reliability but today I think the differance is nominal. The choice comes to local factors and personal taste.

you have to know the manufacturer codes to get same part cheaper for your audi although it be listed as ford part or vauxhall but fit your audi. audi great car. but when it breaks down you're fcuked, the alternator is a disgrace made of the cheapest alloy almost cheap like Chinese mini kids scooter engines quality. i have not seen japanese alternator crack. i have seen audi alternator crack twice.

yh be ready to accept buttons, plastics to come apart, i have not seen this happen in japanese car.

japanese can easily snatch the market just by making their cars have same handling as audi then its game over for vw industry.

you have to know the manufacturer codes to get same part cheaper for your audi although it be listed as ford part or vauxhall but fit your audi. audi great car. but when it breaks down you're fcuked, the alternator is a disgrace made of the cheapest alloy almost cheap like Chinese mini kids scooter engines quality. i have not seen japanese alternator crack. i have seen audi alternator crack twice.
I feel your pain, I had a VW with a AXD engine. replaced 3 alternators, a fuel pump and then its DSG gearbox started playing up. it had to go.

There is a reason why now most households have a Japanese car for everyday driving and German Car for special occasion.

I feel your pain, I had a VW with a AXD engine. replaced 3 alternators, a fuel pump and then its DSG gearbox started playing up. it had to go.

There is a reason why now most households have a Japanese car for everyday driving and German Car for special occasion.
trust me bro i am diy person so i will jerry rig whatever i can but with audi it is pure headache. the garages are skingy ba strds that do not want to do true diagnosis except hey just replace the part. scrap yards are even more shadier i mean if you are buying the part then you should know some info on the second hand part but they dont bother and raise the price. frustrating i hope they go bankrupt these smelly scrapyard greedy dogs. i was once in a garage i saw a alternator on the floor it had a pulley i checked it the pulley was fully functioning so i asked the guy go on give me the pulley you are going throw it away. As soon as you ask for something then they quickly switch to money but if you dont ask it would go in the scrap bin.

Back
Top Bottom