What's new

Chabahar port plan on fast-track

So the Chinese built a port without the power plant you mean ?

I think the Chinese and Pakistanis are taking their time in building a power plant in Gwadar since they know that the indian funded Iranian built power plant in Chabahar will be providing electricity for Gwadar, so there's no rush, after all slow and steady wins the race.

We're paying for the electricity, though Iranians are providing it cheap!
Then no need to jump that it is built by Indians. U are still paying nevertheless who built it.
Chabahar is providing Gawadar with Electricity through an indian funded, Iranian built power plant! And BTW, did you even read the post i was replying to?
Did U read the topic first? Where does it mention the Gwadar in the first place. What I meant is please stick to topic, kind of hard for U to understand. My mistake

So the Chinese built a port without the power plant you mean ?

As I said it was not about building or not building, it was about being economically feasible. Gwader was far away and a transmission line was not feasible. And if a power plant was to be built in Gwader it would have been of a thermal type using oil as fuel which would have been 4 times more expensive than gas supplied Chabahar plant. So Iranians offered to supply the electricity through a short transmission line from Chabahar. Pakistan said yes to Iranian brothers and Iran built the whole transmission line all with its own money and resources.

I think the Chinese and Pakistanis are taking their time in building a power plant in Gwadar since they know that the indian funded Iranian built power plant in Chabahar will be providing electricity for Gwadar, so there's no rush, after all slow and steady wins the race.

I asked for proof for your claim.
Edit; leave it

Then no need to jump that it is built by Indians. U are still paying nevertheless who built it.

Of course one has to pay for a service being provided. Energy is not for free. The thing here is cost, and Iranian electricity is alot more cheaper than thermal electricity in Pakistan. Of course it is business and account books have to be kept straight. I do not think India was expecting Iran to supply gas to it for free. Or did it? Oh, my God, that is why the agreement fell through. Well for your information, I must say there is no such thing as a free lunch in the world. But there is something called friendship which says when your friend is in trouble help him. And that is what Iranians have done. Now Pakistan could not expect Iran to supply thousands of MW of electricity each day freely for the next couple of decades, that would have been robbing from a brother. But the point here is that Gwader has electricity uninterrupted and without any load shedding. Simple.

Did U read the topic first? Where does it mention the Gwadar in the first place. What I meant is please stick to topic, kind of hard for U to understand. My mistake

Did you read the post if was replying to? Your indian buddy made a statement about Gwadar, and i replied. First lecture your countrymen about staying on topic.

Did you read the post if was replying to? Your indian buddy made a statement about Gwadar, and i replied. First lecture your countrymen about staying on topic.

I suggest you read the thread from post no. 1. As usual it was your country man p4kistan who started ranting about Gwadar !

I asked for proof for your claim.

It wasn't built by indians, it was funded by indians and built by Iranians:

'Iran to give $55m for construction of transmission line at Gwadar'

Posted on 03 January 2009

The Iranian minister while stressing the need for enhancing bilateral co-operation, offered supply of more power from Iran. He offered to export electricity from its port at Chabahar, which was nearest to Gwadar port where a power plant of 500 MW was being constructed by Iran and would be ready within the next six months.
Iran to give $55m for construction of transmission line at Gwadar | Gwadar City

'Iran to provide Gwadar Port 100MW free of cost'

ISLAMABAD Iran has allocated a separate budget for supplying 100 megawatt electricity free of cost to Gwadar Port in Pakistan in order to ease the growing power crisis there.

All the groundwork in this connection has been completed and the power supply would start as soon as Pakistan finalized work on transmission lines, said the Ambassador of Iran to Pakistan Mashaallah Shakeri in a meeting with the Federal Minister for Communications Dr Arbab Alamgir Khan here Thursday.

The Federal Minister told the ambassador that practical steps should be taken to implement the agreement signed between Pakistan and Iran last year to start bus service between Quetta and Mashad.
http://archives.dawn.com/archives/18174

'Electricity import: Gwadar to get 100MW from Iran this year, Senate told'

By Zahid Gishkori
Published: June 24, 2011

“The agreement is a breakthrough (enabling us) to import electricity on low tariff,” he said. “With our efforts, Iran has agreed to provide electricity (at just) Rs7 per unit. In another agreement of 1,000MW, electricity import can materialise by 2013 as Islamabad and Tehran are negotiating the matter,” he explained.
Electricity import: Gwadar to get 100MW from Iran this year, Senate told – The Express Tribune

DUSHANBE: Russia is ready to invest hundreds of millions of dollars to join high- voltage power line and gas pipeline projects in central Asia, President Dmitry Medvedev said in Tajik capital of Dushanbe.

Pakistan, Afghanistan and Tajikistan welcome Russias interest in a gas pipeline project across the countries to India, according to a joint statement signed by Medvedev and the countries Presidents here Friday after a summit with Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari, Afghan President Hamid Karzai and Tajik President Emomali Rakhmon. It also called for accelerated construction of the CASA-1000 power project.

Afghanistan is seeking to develop the country as a bridge for energy supplies from Central Asian hydro-electric and gas resources to power-hungry economies of Pakistan & India. U.S. has supported efforts, seeking to stabilize the country before pulling out its major combat forces, a step it plans for 2014.

Tajikistan seeks to export electricity to Afghanistan through a 220-kilovolt power line that will form backbone of CASA-1000 project. Afghan officials said the line will be extended to Pakistan, whose 180 million people face electricity shortages of 3 to 4 gigawatts per day, leading to blackouts that have lasted for 12 hours in cities.

In December, President Karzai, President Zardari and officials from India & Turkmenistan signed an agreement to build a 1700-kilometer gas pipeline from Turkmenistans gas fields.

TAPI project faces war zones and insurgency along the route through Afghanistan & Pakistan. Russian Deputy Prime Minister Igor Sechin said in October that its gas export monopoly, OAO Gazprom, might join TAPI venture.

As I said it is a wet dream. Blah blah, blah. Read the article carefully it says it might join the project it never says it will. And this was not an agreement just a MOU for political consumption. Other wise since that time there has been no talk, no work, no nothing. The writers of this article do not know even the technicalities. 220 KV from Tajikistan to Pakistan? Are they kidding? For such a long distance you would need atleast 500 KV line if not more specially considering the fact that the line is going to be much lengthier than its geographic foot print since it has to go up and down the mountains in Afghanistan with Talibans sitting around it all along. And one thing more, did you know that it is actually Iran that is building power plants in Tajikistan. Hmmmm. It looks abit ironic but it is true. So why should Pakistan buy electricity from Tajikistan coming from an Iranian plant through Afghanistan. Why should not Pakistan buy electricity directly from Iran. The article is BS. You can wait on the other hand for TAPI, but I am telling you Indian homes will never get piped gas in their kitchens ever with out IPI. You will have to buy a rusty LPG cylinder weighing 27 Kg and carry it up your shoulder into your homes every week or so. That is reality of life. We in Pakistan just do not bother. Pipe comes into house and we pay for it monthly just like electricity. Also pipes do not explode like LPG cylinders occasionally do from time to time. That is called quality of life. Wait for TAPI now. I am sure Talibans will allow it to pass through.
Taliban3w_16663254originallarge-4-3-800-90-0-1970-1408.jpg

I don't know why the hell Pakistani have problem with Chabahar port ? We don't have any problem with Gwadar port given to China. :coffee:

I don't know why the hell Pakistani have problem with Chabahar port ? We don't have any problem with Gwadar port given to China. :coffee:

Bcoz, India helping build Chabahar and not China. If it was China, they could claim it as their own ! And also Chabahar is only 70kms from Gwadar !

If you read from the first posts you will see that it was not Pakistanis who started it.

As I said it is a wet dream. Blah blah, blah. Read the article carefully it says it might join the project it never says it will. And this was not an agreement just a MOU for political consumption. Other wise since that time there has been no talk, no work, no nothing. The writers of this article do not know even the technicalities. 220 KV from Tajikistan to Pakistan? Are they kidding? For such a long distance you would need atleast 500 KV line if not more specially considering the fact that the line is going to be much lengthier than its geographic foot print since it has to go up and down the mountains in Afghanistan with Talibans sitting around it all along. And one thing more, did you know that it is actually Iran that is building power plants in Tajikistan. Hmmmm. It looks abit ironic but it is true. So why should Pakistan buy electricity from Tajikistan coming from an Iranian plant through Afghanistan. Why should not Pakistan buy electricity directly from Iran. The article is BS. You can wait on the other hand for TAPI, but I am telling you Indian homes will never get piped gas in their kitchens ever with out IPI. You will have to buy a rusty LPG cylinder weighing 27 Kg and carry it up your shoulder into your homes every week or so. That is reality of life. We in Pakistan just do not bother. Pipe comes into house and we pay for it monthly just like electricity. Also pipes do not explode like LPG cylinders occasionally do from time to time. That is called quality of life. Wait for TAPI now. I am sure Talibans will allow it to pass through.
Taliban3w_16663254originallarge-4-3-800-90-0-1970-1408.jpg

You never heard of insurance and this report is from Pakistani paper Dawn by the way the Taliban are no saints they take bribes believe it or not

You never heard of insurance and this report is from Pakistani paper Dawn by the way the Taliban are no saints they take bribes believe it or not

Insurance is only for mishaps and not for laying a pipe in midst of a civil war. Bribes to tens of thousands of war lords and civil war factions changing hands every minute does not make a large project like TAPI with four countries in it, profitable. Besides gas pipe lines need continuous maintenance at interval pumping stations and the pipe line must operate 24/7 for decades since even a minute stoppage will cause the pressure to drop at the consumer end. TAPI is dead. It was just a non-technical political proposal to counter Iran. It was hyped by US to draw people away from IPI. Disappointing though not surprising – The Express Tribune

Insurance is only for mishaps and not for laying a pipe in midst of a civil war. Bribes to tens of thousands of war lords and civil war factions changing hands every minute does not make a large project like TAPI with four countries in it, profitable. Besides gas pipe lines need continuous maintenance at interval pumping stations and the pipe line must operate 24/7 for decades since even a minute stoppage will cause the pressure to drop at the consumer end. TAPI is dead. It was just a non-technical political proposal to counter Iran. It was hyped by US to draw people away from IPI. Disappointing though not surprising – The Express Tribune

If you think TAPI is dead thats your call but it already has funding in place from ADB and Russia and USA fully support it.

Back
Top Bottom