What's new

Cesored! China bans letter N (briefly) from internet as Xi Jinping extends grip on power

A visionary leader will take calculated risk and make unpopular decision for the greater long term rewards for the nation. Had Indira Gandhi been a great leader and had the will to carry through her hugely unpopular "family planing", India would have been a very different country today.

Personally, I trust Xi. He must have his reason to do what he is doing, and we can only speculate his motive at this moment. Common people are just too common to understand a great mind, they either worry about which university their kids will go to, or in some countries, where their next meal will come from.

Last edited:
Problem is, a corrupt leader without a fear of facing the people does not need to remain competent. Or surround him/her self with competent people for that matter. Its the fear of repercussion which keeps politician honest.

Any person who tells you that you are stupid to understand about decisions affecting your life is probably not being honest. Here a politician is taking over place of power indefinitely and is setting a dangerous precedent: Power in China can be held indefinitely. Xi Zedong may be a good leader but this means he is opening door for a power hungry possibly corrupt leader whom CCP will find hard to dislodge from place of power.
Not a good step, but not mean as president, they don't get limitation completely. Chinese leader are always competent, if the terms are changed, maybe they have their consideration, as normal people, most often, our thought maybe not apply to national level decision.

Just wait and watch!

A visionary leader will take calculated risk and make unpopular decision for the greater long term rewards for the nation. Had Indira Gandhi been a great leader and had the will to carry through her hugely unpopular "family planing", India would have been a very different country today.

Personally, I trust Xi. He must have his reason to do what he is doing, and we can only speculate his motive at this moment. Common people are just too common to understand a great mind, they either worry about which university their kids will go to, or in some countries, where their next meal will come from.
Yeah, just like Gandhi and Mandra, they are great men, but not great leader, different!

Why there are elite? they are from common people, but also think more and have longer view on the countries, anyone want to be elite. Although I am against the proposal, but still choose to believe and support them.

Not a good step, but not mean as president, they don't get limitation completely. Chinese leader are always competent, if the terms are changed, maybe they have their consideration, as normal people, most often, our thought maybe not apply to national level decision.

Just wait and watch!

Yeah, just like Gandhi and Mandra, they are great men, but not great leader, different!

Why there are elite? they are from common people, but also think more and have longer view on the countries, anyone want to be elite. Although I am against the proposal, but still choose to believe and support them.

From Xi's background and what he has been through, he must have known what is at stake. IMO, this is not a moral proposition, but it is the necessary evil for a greater good for China and Chinese in the long run.

Closed societies are ultimately weak societies. Democracy is a light that is powered by recognition of the desires of man to be free.

This is the worst news I have read in recent times. Will create another egomaniac in power. A sad day for China.

Closed societies are ultimately weak societies. Democracy is a light that is powered by recognition of the desires of man to be free.

But free is also not always good. Because without limitation, it can become anarchy. Even in a country like USA, they are not really-really free. People still bounded by law.

10cent army isn't a meme
I'm not familiar with that meme. Please explain.

But free is also not always good. Because without limitation, it can become anarchy. Even in a country like USA, they are not really-really free. People still bounded by law.

Freedom to do as you wish WITHOUT hindering another from enjoying his/her full measure of freedom. That is the guiding principle.

That what I exactly want him to do as well. But he didn't, you can see a little bit his personality in this.
Shadow ruling do not consider as clean and lawful. He went straight ahead, by book and by law...
He might not take the extra term and close this hole using another way soon, but I can see it now.
March third is day to vote on this, will see where this wilk go.

He might be great leader now. once he get unlimited power, he may turn otherwise.. he can introduce strict laws to eradicate or reduce corruption...what if the next leader turned out to be bad? ...

Enjoying the freedoms afforded by the USA whilst championing this new dictator is some cheek!

we should ban letter N in Pakistan too, no more Noon league then

From Xi's background and what he has been through, he must have known what is at stake. IMO, this is not a moral proposition, but it is the necessary evil for a greater good for China and Chinese in the long run.

I have a question here? What makes Xi so special I mean old presidents have done great job as well?

Second, crackdown on corruption at whatever level doesn’t mean you conceal the other voices and make it defaunct.

Even though there was one party leadership in China I still knew that people of China had observed full freedom in aspects of as much a society needs.

But this perticular thing of Xi troubles me.

I have a question here? What makes Xi so special I mean old presidents have done great job as well?

Second, crackdown on corruption at whatever level doesn’t mean you conceal the other voices and make it defaunct.

Even though there was one party leadership in China I still knew that people of China had observed full freedom in aspects of as much a society needs.

But this perticular thing of Xi troubles me.

WTF?

Do you mean defunct?

That's a convenient excuse to silence anyone with opposing views, big or small.

Rest assured, I'm not some Western liberal who believe in an absolute free media. I'm in favour of censoring hate speech and fake news. But the censoring of the following words?

As well as the letter 'N'.

Ask yourself critically, what's the real purpose of censoring these words?

Do you really buy into your state media's argument that the censoring of these words is to resist evil Western influence from destabilising the Chinese society?

I don't believe there are no other competent and moral leaders to lead, just that they haven't got the platform to prove themselves.

It's similar in Singapore when Lee Kuan Yew passed the baton to the 2nd PM Goh Chok Tong. People were also worried that he might not perform as well, but he did well nevertheless.

It's basically the same elsewhere. Putin is regarded the most competent because he hogged all the limelight.

Exactly. So why are other officials asked to recall back their relatives from overseas, while it isn't required of him to do the same?

那岂不是只许州官放火, 不许百姓点灯?
You naively assume everyone oppose you is good. That is too good to be true! The same thing control Internet, but Western propaganda paint what Russian and Chinese do is suppress opponents, but they paint themselves as national security concerns. Good or bad is only how you paint it. I guess you watch **** or do things illegal. That is the reason you afraid of censorship

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom