What's new

Cesored! China bans letter N (briefly) from internet as Xi Jinping extends grip on power

At this moment, The political situation is really difficult and people's feeling is really mixed.
One hand, the fear of having another 'great' leader who, can't even get up on his own, refuse to let go the power.
on the other, Xi is the best leader since the founding of PRC, his extra term will guarantee China's superpower status by 2030...
As XI himself, He is absolutely aware the downside of getting ride of the term limit, it's a big issue for China. But the temptation to have CHina become a superpower and rich is great as well.
So, he made his choice, to gamble China's future. He got the gut to pick the gamble, I respect his decision.
Like there is no one as skilled as this guy in whole of China? He even banned Winnie the Pooh lol. He is insecure.

Insecure are Indians afraid of an assertive China under Chairman Xi.

Why did he ban Winnie the Pooh? Because he is insecure. Do you deny it? Dont say Indians are insecure or how good you feel about him being the leader for ever. Just answer me, why he banned Winnie the Pooh?

On second thoughts never mind. No is banned and so is winnie the pooh. Have a good day!

At this moment, The political situation is really difficult and people's feeling is really mixed.
One hand, the fear of having another 'great' leader who, can't even get up on his own, refuse to let go the power.
on the other, Xi is the best leader since the founding of PRC, his extra term will guarantee China's superpower status by 2030...
As XI himself, He is absolutely aware the downside of getting ride of the term limit, it's a big issue for China. But the temptation to have CHina become a superpower and rich is great as well.
So, he made his choice, to gamble China's future. He got the gut to pick the gamble, I respect his decision.
The gut for what? Gambling with the consequences of the future?
What the waste of time and Work...just to be "maybe" destroyed in the next few decades?

A Man Gambling with the life of A Billion ppl... is what we call "Selfishness and Stupidity"...
Having someone else in power... doesn't mean the End...since THe "General view" will be the same... It' snot like XI will disappear... in Oblivion...

Foreigners and Singawhorean should feel good if they think it's bad for China. But since they are angry at something that does not concern them, I think give Xi another extension to finish the job.
Extension for life... I hope you get it...

A visionary leader will take calculated risk and make unpopular decision for the greater long term rewards for the nation. Had Indira Gandhi been a great leader and had the will to carry through her hugely unpopular "family planing", India would have been a very different country today.

Personally, I trust Xi. He must have his reason to do what he is doing, and we can only speculate his motive at this moment. Common people are just too common to understand a great mind, they either worry about which university their kids will go to, or in some countries, where their next meal will come from.
What is the meaning to have a "great brain" if in the End..;it could end like Mao last years...
What is the meaning in working hard for a better future...just to destroy it for few decades of more power...

I find it ironic that China wants to join the ranks of countries like Iraq, Syria and North Korea by legalizing lifetime dictatorship. Highly illogical move which will destroy china!
Didn't Mao rule till his death? The Chinese are a rare kind of people who have enjoyed being ruled. Most countries and civilizations have over the years tried to stand up for rights of the citizens - be it India during the Emergency, Pakistan (against various military regimes). When some Chinese students did something - they were killed in the middle of the capital's town square. If such a thing happened in any other country - the people would revolt and overthrow the Govt. But not China - they truly are cut from a different cloth. They will gladly accept and even defend XI being a dictator.

The gut for what? Gambling with the consequences of the future?
What the waste of time and Work...just to be "maybe" destroyed in the next few decades?

A Man Gambling with the life of A Billion ppl... is what we call "Selfishness and Stupidity"...
Having someone else in power... doesn't mean the End...since THe "General view" will be the same... It' snot like XI will disappear... in Oblivion...
Gamling on someone else future while your remains secure is the very definition of evil. No different than Wall Street bankers.

But this could set a precedent. You may have a good leader now and that's all great...but what happens when a bad leader gets in for life? It would be difficult to cast him out.
Regarding Trump let alone outsiders in US their citizens itself protesting and he is declaring himself for next election. But it is US internal matter and no outsider should get involved.

My point is there should be political negotiation/realignment rather than outsiders involvements.

I want nobody to interfere in others business
Not a good step, but not mean as president, they don't get limitation completely. Chinese leader are always competent, if the terms are changed, maybe they have their consideration, as normal people, most often, our thought maybe not apply to national level decision.

Just wait and watch!

Yeah, just like Gandhi and Mandra, they are great men, but not great leader, different!

Why there are elite? they are from common people, but also think more and have longer view on the countries, anyone want to be elite. Although I am against the proposal, but still choose to believe and support them.
Gamling on someone else future while your remains secure is the very definition of evil. No different than Wall Street bankers.
Wait what future is being gambled here I am completely loss, the only thung that is going to happen in the 3rd of march is the removal of a 2 term restriction. i will bet my life that xi will not rule for life nor will the rule allow a leader more than 4 terms, I am also confident it may well be a 3 term rule. Beyond that Xi will fundemantally change the structure kf goverbment, further seperating the party from government. I am not as gullible as you people on this forum seem to be, I doubt there will be a situation or a loophole that can be exploited by leaders after Xi. China will not have another lifelong learer, this will be revelaed on the 3rd of march and I will laugh at all of you who assume that Xi Jinping the great leader, would allow Chinas constitution to be exploited by future leaders as if he is some sort of incompetent low IQ monkey.

Freedom to do as you wish WITHOUT hindering another from enjoying his/her full measure of freedom. That is the guiding principle.

Then it has been achieved by most countries in this world, including China. You can do everything in a communist like China and Vietnam as long as you don't hindering another from enjoying his/her full measure of freedom. The only different between China, Vietnam, and the countries that you call as democracy is the freedom of politic. In western country, you can say dirty and bad about your government. Which is more than Freedom without hindering another. But even with that, your political right is just go to election place and choose the one who will lead the country; which are mostly people whose you don't know about at all. And then when they do bad things, you just bad mouth them, and go to demonstration if your aspiration is answered with deft answer, which is an act of freedom that MORE than without hindering another people freedom, and go into anarchy.

Basically, it always the same, too much freedom is anarchy. And to limit the freedom, there's law. And too much law is oppression. But even a country like United States are limited with a lot of laws. Because no country want to become a state of anarchy.

Enjoying the freedoms afforded by the USA whilst championing this new dictator is some cheek!

There is no unrestrained "Freedom" anywhere in the world, including China and USA. Believing "freedom" is exclusive to only western democracies is a sign of being brainwashed.

I have a question here? What makes Xi so special I mean old presidents have done great job as well?

Second, crackdown on corruption at whatever level doesn’t mean you conceal the other voices and make it defaunct.

Even though there was one party leadership in China I still knew that people of China had observed full freedom in aspects of as much a society needs.

But this perticular thing of Xi troubles me.

Xi is the right person at the right time. He works on a solid foundation laid by each and every previous leaders and Chinese people. He has the right mix of vision, experience, determination and leadership to lead China.

Cracking down corruption has nothing to do with concealing other voice. That's a "make believe" by the west or his opponents. IMO, extending the term doesn't mean Xi will surely become a dictator, it may just mean he has an agenda that he thinks his successor may not be able to achieve. After all, he is the strongest Chinese leader since Mao's death in 70's, and you need a tough person to do a tough job.

Then it has been achieved by most countries in this world, including China. You can do everything in a communist like China and Vietnam as long as you don't hindering another from enjoying his/her full measure of freedom. The only different between China, Vietnam, and the countries that you call as democracy is the freedom of politic. In western country, you can say dirty and bad about your government. Which is more than Freedom without hindering another. But even with that, your political right is just go to election place and choose the one who will lead the country; which are mostly people whose you don't know about at all. And then when they do bad things, you just bad mouth them, and go to demonstration if your aspiration is answered with deft answer, which is an act of freedom that MORE than without hindering another people freedom, and go into anarchy.

Basically, it always the same, too much freedom is anarchy. And to limit the freedom, there's law. And too much law is oppression. But even a country like United States are limited with a lot of laws. Because no country want to become a state of anarchy.
Explain how letter 'N' stops anyone from enjoying their freedom.
Or saying 不同意 on wechat.

Please do not redefine dictatorial control as freedom.

Both are/were banned.

Last edited:
Explain how letter 'N' stops anyone from enjoying their freedom.
Or saying 不同意 on wechat.

Please do not redefine dictatorial control as freedom.

Both are/were banned.

And explain why po*n is banned in some countries? Isn't it the same as limiting the freedom? Or LGBT is prohibited by law in a certain country (guess it, it's your country, India, isn't it?) ? But just like I said, too much freedom is the same as anarchy,that's why all Countries limit them with laws so it won't goes into chaos. I'm not saying that India law that prohibited LGBT is wrong. They have their own measurement of what we call "Morality" and "Humanity". But if India has the right to prohibited some freedom, so do China. And guess what, civilization was born and expand with limitation. Without law, they will have freedom, uncontrolled freedom, or Anarchy.

Even in a free Countries like USA and Europe, there is a term that you call "Political Correctness" that basically limit your freedom.

And like what I said, the difference between China and the countries that you call as "Free Country" is the political freedom. But guess what, democracy is not about freedom. It's about control. The system was create not to give you the right to watch p*rn or become LGBT, or pirating video games, or bringing firearm on the street, or eating human meat. So it's wrong if you say that China is lack of freedom, if "Freedom" is being a free man that not hindering another's Freedom. Just ask the Chinese Posters here, if they have freedom or not.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom