What's new

Cesored! China bans letter N (briefly) from internet as Xi Jinping extends grip on power

And explain why po*n is banned in some countries? Isn't it the same as limiting the freedom? Or LGBT is prohibited by law in a certain country (guess it, it's your country, India, isn't it?) ?
We are fighting in India to remove LGBT ban. Can Chinese even dare to do that in their own country? I dare any Chinese to post Xi Zedong's winnie the pooh cartoon. I can post Modi, Yogi, Justin Trudeo and Donald Trump's cartoon anytime I feel like. Heck most of news paper do it on a daily basis.

**** is banned mostly in the countries which limit the Freedom for no good reason. Like UAE etc. All the countries that I am associated with do not ban **** per say. They do regulate that **** cannot be passed onto children below 18 year of age.

Even in a free Countries like USA and Europe, there is a term that you call "Political Correctness" that basically limit your freedom.
Political Correctness is merely a social politeness. No law requires you to be politically correct. You have full liberty to use politically incorrect terms like racial slurs. Ofcourse people will avoid you because it is uncomfortable to majority. But in a number of universities and discourses political correctness is dropped altogether. Remember sometimes back, the discoverer of DNA said that he thinks blacks are genetically pre-disposed to low IQ? He was rebuked by his peers but no one banned his statement. Many newspapers reproduced his view verbatim.

So it's wrong if you say that China is lack of freedom, if "Freedom" is being a free man that not hindering another's Freedom. Just ask the Chinese Posters here, if they have freedom or not.
Do Chinese have freedom to denounce wrong or evil or controversial decisions of CCP? Their government goes out of its way to ban such discussion. Biggest example is in front of you. Can they criticize CCP for allowing practical limitless power to Xi? I don't think so. They are not even allowed to chat about that on WeChat!

Without law, they will have freedom, uncontrolled freedom, or Anarchy.
The problem is, if the law intimidate people from even talking about things which have been arbitrarily deemed 'disharmonious' or 'against a party', it becomes easy to ban any topic which authority does not approve of. Including its own mess-ups.

Didn't Mao rule till his death? The Chinese are a rare kind of people who have enjoyed being ruled. Most countries and civilizations have over the years tried to stand up for rights of the citizens - be it India during the Emergency, Pakistan (against various military regimes). When some Chinese students did something - they were killed in the middle of the capital's town square. If such a thing happened in any other country - the people would revolt and overthrow the Govt. But not China - they truly are cut from a different cloth. They will gladly accept and even defend XI being a dictator.
What a stupid statement. Really. The Chinese are a kind of people who "enjoy" being ruled ... doesn't that fit with literally everybody else? The Romans were ruled by their emperor or later co-emperors. The Egyptians were ruled by a pharoah. Most great empires have been centralized ... is there anything wrong with it? Would you rather prefer stability and prosperity or countleds upheavals? And may I inform you that Chinese citizens have stood up against their government in repeated forms for thousands of years. Lemme give you a few ...
  • Yellow Turban Rebellion against the Han
  • Red Turban Rebellion against the Mongols
  • Taiping Rebellion against the Qing
  • Xinhai Revolution of 1911
If you want to point to one specific incident that was the result of unrealistic/priviledged students ... be my guest. But you obviously need a history lesson. If you truly think that every country needs to undergo revolutions ... just look at Egypt, Libya and Syria. The Chinese are willing to defend Xi because he is a good leader ... just like the Russians and Vladmir Putin. They seem pretty content with their president versus here in the states where people cry over a 4 year term for Trump ...

Gamling on someone else future while your remains secure is the very definition of evil. No different than Wall Street bankers.
You guys only see Xi as "evil" because he poses an enormous threat to India ... militarily, politically, and economically. Xi unfortunately stands in the way of your country's development ... which is fine. Perhaps try building better relations with the Chinese?

What a stupid statement. Really. The Chinese are a kind of people who "enjoy" being ruled ... doesn't that fit with literally everybody else? The Romans were ruled by their emperor or later co-emperors. The Egyptians were ruled by a pharoah. Most great empires have been centralized ... is there anything wrong with it? Would you rather prefer stability and prosperity or countleds upheavals? And may I inform you that Chinese citizens have stood up against their government in repeated forms for thousands of years. Lemme give you a few ...
  • Yellow Turban Rebellion against the Han
  • Red Turban Rebellion against the Mongols
  • Taiping Rebellion against the Qing
  • Xinhai Revolution of 1911
If you want to point to one specific incident that was the result of unrealistic/priviledged students ... be my guest. But you obviously need a history lesson. If you truly think that every country needs to undergo revolutions ... just look at Egypt, Libya and Syria. The Chinese are willing to defend Xi because he is a good leader ... just like the Russians and Vladmir Putin. They seem pretty content with their president versus here in the states where people cry over a 4 year term for Trump ...

What a completely daft tirade.

The Chinese people have been ruled by Emperors or Communist Party or occupying Japanese forces and parts have been ruled by colonial powers. Even today, there are those in Hong Kong who yearn for British rule. Instead of throwing out occupying colonial powers, China waited till they are agreed to leave. Except for a brief moment in 1989, the Chinese citizens have never stood up to empower themselves. The Revolutions you mentioned above - I don't know much about them, but I'd gladly wager that they also were about installing a new dictator or emperor or Chairman - some kind of despot to rule over the people. The people themselves enjoy being ruled.

We are fighting in India to remove LGBT ban. Can Chinese even dare to do that in their own country? I dare any Chinese to post Xi Zedong's winnie the pooh cartoon. I can post Modi, Yogi, Justin Trudeo and Donald Trump's cartoon anytime I feel like. Heck most of news paper do it on a daily basis.

**** is banned mostly in the countries which limit the Freedom for no good reason. Like UAE etc. All the countries that I am associated with do not ban **** per say. They do regulate that **** cannot be passed onto children below 18 year of age.

Political Correctness is merely a social politeness. No law requires you to be politically correct. You have full liberty to use politically incorrect terms like racial slurs. Ofcourse people will avoid you because it is uncomfortable to majority. But in a number of universities and discourses political correctness is dropped altogether. Remember sometimes back, the discoverer of DNA said that he thinks blacks are genetically pre-disposed to low IQ? He was rebuked by his peers but no one banned his statement. Many newspapers reproduced his view verbatim.

Do Chinese have freedom to denounce wrong or evil or controversial decisions of CCP? Their government goes out of its way to ban such discussion. Biggest example is in front of you. Can they criticize CCP for allowing practical limitless power to Xi? I don't think so. They are not even allowed to chat about that on WeChat!

The problem is, if the law intimidate people from even talking about things which have been arbitrarily deemed 'disharmonious' or 'against a party', it becomes easy to ban any topic which authority does not approve of. Including its own mess-ups.

Look at your reply to my post. It's long. But at the end, the point is only one. It's all about political freedom in China. And why they regulate that p*rn can't be pass into children below 18 years old? You can say a whole page to explain the right and wrong, etc. But there is only 1 point that is right. Human need to be regulated / is given limitation so they won't go into uncontrolable freedom / anarchy. The value depend on the society. But you can't judge the value universally, because every countries and cultures have their own value / the thing that is right or wrong; according to their culture, tradition, and belief system. SO what else? Do you know that people in Middle age married their children earlier than 18? So at the end, everything depend on the value of each country.

And good luck for your struggle to remove LGBT ban in India. You'll need that.

Last edited:
What a completely daft tirade.

The Chinese people have been ruled by Emperors or Communist Party or occupying Japanese forces and parts have been ruled by colonial powers. Even today, there are those in Hong Kong who yearn for British rule. Instead of throwing out occupying colonial powers, China waited till they are agreed to leave. Except for a brief moment in 1989, the Chinese citizens have never stood up to empower themselves. The Revolutions you mentioned above - I don't know much about them, but I'd gladly wager that they also were about installing a new dictator or emperor or Chairman - some kind of despot to rule over the people. The people themselves enjoy being ruled.
Once again, your post shows your sheer ignorance on this subject. So what the Chinese were ruled by emperors? The Romans were too as were virtually every advanced classical empire. While Europe descended into chaos following the Roman collapse, China unified itself and became the preeminent superpower under the Tang Dynasty. Regarding the Japanese, your statement is shockingly stupid. Millions of Chinese civilians gave their lives in waging guerilla warfare or sabatoging Japanese infrastructure ... similar to the Russian/Polish partisans of WW2. It wasn't as simple as overthrowing a superior military power as you would think. And ONCE again, you are basically revealing yourself to be a bigot when it comes to politics. Just because you might prefer a Democracy does not mean that others share the same idea ... or one system is superior to another. For every instance of Chinese crackdown, I can list multiple deadlocks in Congress and Senate where a simple bill has failed to pass. Constructing a simple railway from Nevada to Los Angeles has been in talks for over 30 years! Or how banning the bump stock attatchment or raising the legal firearms age to 21 is nearly impossible. Every system of government has its ups and downs ... both China's and the United States included. Call my post a "daft tirade", but yours is completely superficial.

Explain how letter 'N' stops anyone from enjoying their freedom.
Or saying 不同意 on wechat.

Please do not redefine dictatorial control as freedom.

Both are/were banned.
Honestly dude, why the hell do you care so much LOL? Is China censoring Indian social media??? Or maybe you're afraid of Xi's aggressive foreign policy ... I can see the term extension harming India in many many ways. Don't act superficial like you give a crap about the wellbeing of Chinese citizens ... we all know you desire China's imminent collapse.

Honestly dude, why the hell do you care so much LOL? Is China censoring Indian social media??? Or maybe you're afraid of Xi's aggressive foreign policy ... I can see the term extension harming India in many many ways. Don't act superficial like you give a crap about the wellbeing of Chinese citizens ... we all know you desire China's imminent collapse.
Lemme ask one thing, why do you care that I care or not. I can even take it further. Why do you care what anyone posts or even take part in discussion on PDF?

Once again, your post shows your sheer ignorance on this subject. So what the Chinese were ruled by emperors? The Romans were too as were virtually every advanced classical empire. While Europe descended into chaos following the Roman collapse, China unified itself and became the preeminent superpower under the Tang Dynasty. Regarding the Japanese, your statement is shockingly stupid. Millions of Chinese civilians gave their lives in waging guerilla warfare or sabatoging Japanese infrastructure ... similar to the Russian/Polish partisans of WW2. It wasn't as simple as overthrowing a superior military power as you would think. And ONCE again, you are basically revealing yourself to be a bigot when it comes to politics. Just because you might prefer a Democracy does not mean that others share the same idea ... or one system is superior to another. For every instance of Chinese crackdown, I can list multiple deadlocks in Congress and Senate where a simple bill has failed to pass. Constructing a simple railway from Nevada to Los Angeles has been in talks for over 30 years! Or how banning the bump stock attatchment or raising the legal firearms age to 21 is nearly impossible. Every system of government has its ups and downs ... both China's and the United States included. Call my post a "daft tirade", but yours is completely superficial.

Another daft tirade. How can one compare a deadlock in a Congress or Senate to a crackdown on civilians? And the Congress and the Senate are deadlocked because they tend to represent the prevailing beliefs of their constituents - right or wrong. As opposed to just being told what to do.

Lemme ask one thing, why do you care that I care or not. I can even take it further. Why do you care what anyone posts or even take part in discussion on PDF?

No, Figaro is right. Why are you care about Chinese Citizens being oppressed by CCP? That's his question. And I agree with him. Do you really know if Chinese Citizens felt being oppressed or not with that "N" ban in the internet? You don't. And you don't really care. Because the subjects that are supposedly being oppressed are actually here and you just want to win in a troll debate against them, lol.

No, Figaro is right. Why are you care about Chinese Citizens being oppressed by CCP? That's his question. And I agree with him. Do you really know if Chinese Citizens felt being oppressed or not with that "N" ban in the internet? You don't. And you don't really care. Because the subjects that are supposedly being oppressed are actually here and you just want to win in a troll debate against them, lol.
You are neither Chinese nor India, why do you care replying to me then? Or why are you even here on this forum! Thats your answer.

China's censorship policies reveal how ridiculous they are. It's the 21st century and they want to behave like an Orwellian dictatorship

No, Figaro is right. Why are you care about Chinese Citizens being oppressed by CCP? That's his question.
I will put it this way...

If you care about your freedoms and rights, then you SHOULD care about when/where/why/how those freedoms and rights are limited or oppressed. By knowing when/where/why/how it happens 'over there', wherever 'there' maybe, you would be better prepared on when/where/why/how it could happen in your country. At the very least, you would know how much better off you are. At best, you became a more informed and well rounded citizen to your country.

The issue is a matter of degree. If you look at Africa, for example, you would find enough political oppression and economic poverty that it is easy for you to see how much good you have. But speaking for me, China is not Africa. China does have a lot of good things going for her and her people. Capitalism is the major one, if not the best thing to happen to modern China. So it would be easy for me to overlook the negatives when the positives are so glaring.

So let me ask you this...

If you are critical of how the US handled Edward Snowden, then why do you not care about ordinary Chinese citizens who lives under far worse on what could happen to them, even though you are far away from both US and China?

I will put it this way...

If you care about your freedoms and rights, then you SHOULD care about when/where/why/how those freedoms and rights are limited or oppressed. By knowing when/where/why/how it happens 'over there', wherever 'there' maybe, you would be better prepared on when/where/why/how it could happen in your country. At the very least, you would know how much better off you are. At best, you became a more informed and well rounded citizen to your country.

The issue is a matter of degree. If you look at Africa, for example, you would find enough political oppression and economic poverty that it is easy for you to see how much good you have. But speaking for me, China is not Africa. China does have a lot of good things going for her and her people. Capitalism is the major one, if not the best thing to happen to modern China. So it would be easy for me to overlook the negatives when the positives are so glaring.

So let me ask you this...

If you are critical of how the US handled Edward Snowden, then why do you not care about ordinary Chinese citizens who lives under far worse on what could happen to them, even though you are far away from both US and China?

I've forgot that I was so critical of how US handled Edward Snowden. But was I really that critical? Where is the post in this forum that show that I was very critical to them. For reminder, of course. Because I don't feel like saying any critical thing back then. But maybe I'm wrong.

I've forgot that I was so critical of how US handled Edward Snowden. But was I really that critical? Where is the post in this forum that show that I was very critical to them. For reminder, of course. Because I don't feel like saying any critical thing back then. But maybe I'm wrong.
I was asking in the hypothetical. But the bottom line remains -- that if you are critical of how the US government handles certain things relating to basic human rights, whether you live in the US or not is irrelevant, then by virtue of that criticism, you are obligated to be critical of any government that trespasses those human rights.

I was asking in the hypothetical. But the bottom line remains -- that if you are critical of how the US government handles certain things relating to basic human rights, whether you live in the US or not is irrelevant, then by virtue of that criticism, you are obligated to be critical of any government that trespasses those human rights.

Yes, I critical on the US Government on how they handle human right. Like invaded Iraq without UN approval and with dubious casus belli just to throw Saddam Husein out from his seat of power. But at the end make the people of Iraq suffer for a long period of time.

I was still at the side of US when they invaded Afghanistan, as Osama Bin Laden did the first blood. But to Iraq, it was a pure invasion that cause a lot of true human right violation.

But I forgot that I was critical to US Government on how they handle Snowden. What I remember about Snowden was, that he "maybe" was planted by China to denounce The US at that time. But well, it was purely conspiracy theory without basis. So don't mind about that.

And back to China. Do they really feel oppressed? The Chinese Posters here don't hate their government at all. They live in China, so they are the subject that you're saying that the right being oppressed / trespassed by their government. If they don't mind, so who am I to say that they're suffer or not.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom