What's new

Cesored! China bans letter N (briefly) from internet as Xi Jinping extends grip on power

Yes, I critical on the US Government on how they handle human right. Like invaded Iraq without UN approval and with dubious casus belli just to throw Saddam Husein out from his seat of power. But at the end make the people of Iraq suffer for a long period of time.
We did not invade Iraq just so we could persecute the Iraqi people. That is the proper context of human rights, meaning you target the people SPECIFICALLY to deny them free speech, freedom to travel, etc...etc...

Then afterward, we tried to install what we believe to be the best and most applicable methods of democracy for Iraq. So you are off base here.

And back to China. Do they really feel oppressed? The Chinese Posters here don't hate their government at all. They live in China, so they are the subject that you're saying that the right being oppressed / trespassed by their government. If they don't mind, so who am I to say that they're suffer or not.
In order for you to 'suffer', you must...

- Be knowledgeable of the alternatives
- Make comparisons
- Make a decision

- Does a slave know what he is? Usually slaves know what they are and their station in life.

- Can a slave make a comparison? Of course he can. He sees free people everywhere.

- Can a slave decide to be happy or sad of what/where he is? Of course he can.

So just because a slave decides that he is happy as a slave, that does not mean I cannot decide that slavery is for me. In fact, I do decide that slavery is NOT for me.

YOU -- as an observer -- cannot divorce what you see from your own personal experiences. If you are retired race car driver, every race you watch, you will inject yourself into the race. You will critique every driver, every maneuver, and every decision by anyone, even if you have to do it silently.

Americans in the US are not rioting because they want the US to be more like China, whereas in China, many Chinese imported the Western notions of basic human rights and democracy and want their country to take after those notions. Tiananmen Square in 1989 is just one example. Today, there are Chinese artists who endure prisons and persecutions because they want China to be more like the West in terms of human rights and freedoms. These Chinese observed, made comparisons, and decided.

So if the Chinese on this forum are not suffering, then what about the Chinese in China who decided that they are suffering?

"So if the Chinese on this forum are not suffering, then what about the Chinese in China who decided that they are suffering?"

Simple, they can choose go anywhere they love to, just like Mid-East immigrant flow to Europe, just like you said they observed, comparisons, and decided what they need. As long you doesn't face any criminal charge on you, you have objection toward system that work in origin countries and feel uneasy or 'suffering' like you said, you free to go. Different country, different rules & law, different people with different way of thinking & mindset. China wasn't US.

China's censorship policies reveal how ridiculous they are. It's the 21st century and they want to behave like an Orwellian dictatorship

They decide, they choose, their problem. Being ignorant is that ridiculous for you?

We did not invade Iraq just so we could persecute the Iraqi people. That is the proper context of human rights, meaning you target the people SPECIFICALLY to deny them free speech, freedom to travel, etc...etc...

Hah, LOL. Look at how you justify an act of killing. How many Iraqi people that died since the US invasion? How many Afghan people who died because of the US? If you think that you are not violating human rights but to enforce them, then what is the meaning of Human Right at the end? Human Right is just one of your casus belli to kill people from another country. Yeah, human right is an excuse to make other people suffers.

And EDIT to add some lines, if Gambit wants to reply this post :
If you say that a country that only ban the word of "N" is a bigger violator than a country who invade the other country and kill that country's citizens for many years, then Human Right is useless and pointless.

And you say that China is lack of freedom and their people are suffering? You have to present the fact first. Just ask the Chinese Posters in this forum. Are they suffering? Ask Clarkgap, CNLieo, Wanglaokang, Beijingwalker, Cirr, etc who actually live in China. Don't use your imagination to claim that they are suffering without even knowing what really happen.

I bet that there are many people that you call suffering are actually richer than you and me, live in lavish life that more extravagant than you and me, and content with their live. So who is actually suffering here?

Last edited:
Hah, LOL. Look at how you justify an act of killing. How many Iraqi people that died since the US invasion? How many Afghan people who died because of the US? If you think that you are not violating human rights but to enforce them, then what is the meaning of Human Right at the end? Human Right is just one of your casus belli to kill people from another country. Yeah, human right is an excuse to make other people suffers.

West only using democracy and human right issue when it fit their narrative, who has to be black or white in their view to cover what their really motives. Pointing finger at the others and cover or justified what they did wrong, that's what's West did the best. Leave alone free speech, they actually not entirely can accepted reality when someone have different view or way other than they believe.
Honestly, this thread is useless, just no point to argue with people that ignorant and based on prejudice only. The purpose of this thread clearly just for mocking. By the way, that's my suggestion, but it's your call.

West only using democracy and human right issue when it fit their narrative, who has to be black or white in their view to cover what their really motives. Pointing finger at the others and cover or justified what they did wrong, that's what's West did the best. Leave alone free speech, they actually not entirely can accepted reality when someone have different view or way other than they believe.
Honestly, this thread is useless, just no point to argue with people that ignorant and based on prejudice only. The purpose of this thread clearly just for mocking. By the way, that's my suggestion, but it's your call.

You know what, they said that a country who ban the word of "N" in the internet is a bigger violator of human right than a country who invade other country, killing the country citizen for many years, then what is human right anyway?

You know what, they said that a country who ban the word of "N" in the internet is a bigger violator of human right than a country who invade other country, killing the country citizen for many years, then what is human right anyway?

buzzword the west like to use to project.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom