What's new

Cesored! China bans letter N (briefly) from internet as Xi Jinping extends grip on power

At this moment, The political situation is really difficult and people's feeling is really mixed.
One hand, the fear of having another 'great' leader who, can't even get up on his own, refuse to let go the power.
on the other, Xi is the best leader since the founding of PRC, his extra term will guarantee China's superpower status by 2030...
As XI himself, He is absolutely aware the downside of getting ride of the term limit, it's a big issue for China. But the temptation to have CHina become a superpower and rich is great as well.
So, he made his choice, to gamble China's future. He got the gut to pick the gamble, I respect his decision.
But this could set a precedent. You may have a good leader now and that's all great...but what happens when a bad leader gets in for life? It would be difficult to cast him out.

I don't doubt that China has made a huge improvement under his rule. But is he the only reason for the improvement? There are no other competent and moral leaders in the CPC? Is there a need to tighten censorship so much from Hu's time even though the educated middle-class in China is now much larger?
Changing the constitution needs to take a hundred year long view. What you're thinking of is a short term gain, but a long term risk. Even Putin dare not change the constitution to remain in power; he exploited the loopholes.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/russia-s-putin-i-will-not-change-constitution-stay-power-n785531
Doesn't Xi himself has siblings/relatives in Canada and Australia?

Unfortunately no at this moment, other competent and moral leaders are as old or older...
The one who suppose to replace Xi fuk himself up, corrupted...
The censorship thing is a way to counter US NGA influence.
Both are important, A and B. He choose A.

About Putin thing, he can be him or even Mao as a shadow leader. But he refused, he went the most tough way, straight collision. I don't know the reason.

I don't think he can control the siblings level. But I'm sure they didn't take advantage of Xi for even a single penny. Xi's personality is a like a religious crusader. He will not do anything to ruin his reputation.

But this could set a precedent. You may have a good leader now and that's all great...but what happens when a bad leader gets in for life? It would be difficult to cast him out.
That's why the feeling is mixed and the choice is tough. The time has come and he made his decision.
As Xi, who have great vision, I believe in him to fix this hole in the near future.
I give him my personal trust and faith.

That's why the feeling is mixed and the choice is tough. The time has come and he made his decision.
As Xi, who have great vision, I believe in him to fix this hole in the near future.
I give him my personal trust and faith.
The communist party has done well so far. It took China from a very poor country to the behemoth economy that it is today. Though Xi maybe great but it's not worth risking ur long term future for short term gains. There has to be other ppl in the party that share Xi's vision...Xi can serve as an advisor/senior party member. This way he will still have a hand in decision making and contribute in leading China on this path without having to make potentially dangerous changes.

The communist party has done well so far. It took China from a very poor country to the behemoth economy that it is today. Though Xi maybe great but it's not worth risking ur long term future for short term gains. There has to be other ppl in the party that share Xi's vision...Xi can serve as an advisor/senior party member. This way he will still have a hand in decision making and contribute in leading China on this path without having to make potentially dangerous changes.
That what I exactly want him to do as well. But he didn't, you can see a little bit his personality in this.
Shadow ruling do not consider as clean and lawful. He went straight ahead, by book and by law...
He might not take the extra term and close this hole using another way soon, but I can see it now.
March third is day to vote on this, will see where this wilk go.

Censorship is in need. Even Facebook and Google already blocked fake news, this and censorship have the same nature, but paint enemy with "censorship" and paint oneself as "blocking fake news" :-). Internet is just a lots of garbage, propaganda from enemies...
The censorship thing is a way to counter US NGA influence.

That's a convenient excuse to silence anyone with opposing views, big or small.

Rest assured, I'm not some Western liberal who believe in an absolute free media. I'm in favour of censoring hate speech and fake news. But the censoring of the following words?

- ‘Ten thousand years’ (万岁), which is China’s way of saying: ‘Long live!’ or ‘Viva!’

- ‘Disagree’ (不同意)

- ‘Xi Zedong’ (习泽东) - a hybrid of the names of Xi and Chairman Mao Zedong

- ‘Shameless’ (不要脸)

- ‘Lifelong’ (终身)

-‘Personality cult’ (个人崇拜)

-‘Emigrate (移民)

- ‘Immortality’ (长生不老)

As well as the letter 'N'.

Ask yourself critically, what's the real purpose of censoring these words?

Do you really buy into your state media's argument that the censoring of these words is to resist evil Western influence from destabilising the Chinese society?

Unfortunately no at this moment, other competent and moral leaders are as old or older...

I don't believe there are no other competent and moral leaders to lead, just that they haven't got the platform to prove themselves.

It's similar in Singapore when Lee Kuan Yew passed the baton to the 2nd PM Goh Chok Tong. People were also worried that he might not perform as well, but he did well nevertheless.

It's basically the same elsewhere. Putin is regarded the most competent because he hogged all the limelight.

I don't think he can control the siblings level. But I'm sure they didn't take advantage of Xi for even a single penny. Xi's personality is a like a religious crusader. He will not do anything to ruin his reputation.

Exactly. So why are other officials asked to recall back their relatives from overseas, while it isn't required of him to do the same?

那岂不是只许州官放火, 不许百姓点灯?

That's a convenient excuse to silence anyone with opposing views, big or small.

Rest assured, I'm not some Western liberal who believe in an absolute free media. I'm in favour of censoring hate speech and fake news. But the censoring of the following words?

As well as the letter 'N'.

Ask yourself critically, what's the real purpose of censoring these words?

Do you really buy into your state media's argument that the censoring of these words is to resist evil Western influence from destabilising the Chinese society?

I don't believe there are no other competent and moral leaders to lead, just that they haven't got the platform to prove themselves.

It's similar in Singapore when Lee Kuan Yew passed the baton to the 2nd PM Goh Chok Tong. People were also worried that he might not perform as well, but he did well nevertheless.

It's basically the same elsewhere. Putin is regarded the most competent because he hogged all the limelight.

Exactly. So why are other officials asked to recall back their relatives from overseas, while it isn't required of him to do the same?

那岂不是只许州官放火, 不许百姓点灯?
That's the censorship, if not for those word, what else they censoring? F word? Tits?

What platform? We don't take chances to rule 1.4b ppl. Its not a 5m tiny boogers city.

Of course, required of him to do the same. That why Xi call back his daughter and force her to drop out Harvard.
Your sibling have independent family and they have their own life. You view your sibling more important than you kids and wife? As long as your wife and kids in China, you are not Luoguan.
只许州官放火, 不许百姓点灯? are you nuts? 百姓 can sent whoever they want to anywhere they like but not the 州官! This rule is only for 州官 and 州官 only!

Last edited:
Why these Foreigners are crying so loudly in here from left to right ???

What are they afraid of Xi's China ???

Think about it!

+1

I am amazingly amused and I don't understand foreign people crying for internal matter of China.

If Peoples of China/Govt of China/CPC/PLA is willing then it should be done as its a issue of their future rather outsiders.

That's the censorship, if not for those word, what else they censoring? F word? Tits?

So do you agree with the censorship of words such as disagree, lifelong, emigrate? Those are words propagated by the evil West to topple the CPC?

What platform? We don't take chances to rule 1.4b ppl. Its not a 5m tiny boogers city.

Without a competent leadership, a nation of 1.4b, 1.3b or 320m ppl would still grow as long as there's political stability.

Without a competent leadership, tiny booger city would not even survive politically as a nation, much less prosper. So who's taking chances?

Of course, required of him to do the same. That why Xi call back his daughter and force her to drop out Harvard.
Your sibling have independent family and they have their own life. You view your sibling more important than you kids and wife? As long as your wife and kids in China, you are not Luoguan.

So what about the lower ranking officials? Will they be allowed to have siblings residing overseas then?

They are afraid of Xi's China ???

Think about it!

+1

I am amazingly amused and I don't understand foreign people crying for internal matter of China.

If Peoples of China/Govt of China/CPC/PLA is willing then it should be done as its a issue of their future rather outsiders.

The same can be said for Trump's US. By that logic, no one should discuss about other country. And this forum should shut down since everyone should shut up and mind their own business.

+1

Well even chinese discuss about others internal matter..

The same can be said for Trump's US. By that logic, no one should discuss about other country. And this forum should shut down since everyone should shut up and mind their own business.

Regarding Trump let alone outsiders in US their citizens itself protesting and he is declaring himself for next election. But it is US internal matter and no outsider should get involved.

My point is there should be political negotiation/realignment rather than outsiders involvements.

Well even chinese discuss about others internal matter..

I want nobody to interfere in others business

They are afraid of Xi's China ???

Think about it!
Foreigners and Singawhorean should feel good if they think it's bad for China. But since they are angry at something that does not concern them, I think give Xi another extension to finish the job.

Regarding Trump let alone outsiders in US their citizens itself protesting and he is declaring himself for next election. But it is US internal matter and no outsider should get involved.

My point is there should be political negotiation/realignment rather than outsiders involvements.

I want nobody to interfere in others business

I don't believe in official political interference too. But this is just a forum for discussion, which the Chinese themselves are discussing about other countries too.

I find it ironic that China wants to join the ranks of countries like Iraq, Syria and North Korea by legalizing lifetime dictatorship. Highly illogical move which will destroy china!
Why you don't put Saudi Arabia in the list? do you know what's shame? hehe:coffee:

The problem is not of Xi Zedong. He may be a good leader. Problem is if a corrupt leader gets in, he can do much bigger damage.
Corrupt leader=/= Incompetence, you should know that, most of leader, no matter where they are, not clean.

Of course, I am aganist Xi extend his terms through such way, but can through start a war. but of course they may have other consideration, after all, they are high-class, we normal people don't know all.

Normal people always are stupid and make bad choice. just like indian, always choose impotent leaders, can't match Chinese leader, although they are "dictator", not elected by people.

He is gambling his own future, at least his reputation. He has the highest reputation amount all Chinese leader at this moment.
CPC leadership have their children living in HongKong away? royal family?
Its not at least his reputation. It is at most his reputation. His family members name has appeared in Panama papers as directors in foreign tax havens.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-35962326

He has sumptuous money outside China to live comfortably so the future he is putting at stake is not exactly his own but common Chinese.

Corrupt leader=/= Incompetence, you should know that, most of leader, no matter where they are, not clean.

Of course, I am aganist Xi extend his terms through such way, but can through start a war. but of course they may have other consideration, after all, they are high-class, we normal people don't know all.

Normal people always are stupid and make bad choice. just like indian, always choose impotent leaders, can't match Chinese leader, although they are "dictator", not elected by people.

Problem is, a corrupt leader without a fear of facing the people does not need to remain competent. Or surround him/her self with competent people for that matter. Its the fear of repercussion which keeps politician honest.

Any person who tells you that you are stupid to understand about decisions affecting your life is probably not being honest. Here a politician is taking over place of power indefinitely and is setting a dangerous precedent: Power in China can be held indefinitely. Xi Zedong may be a good leader but this means he is opening door for a power hungry possibly corrupt leader whom CCP will find hard to dislodge from place of power.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom