What's new

CCTV: Chinese HQ-9 Anti-Missile

Hi, I will have to agree with MK and Co. There is no way in hell the PAF has the HQ-9 or any long range SAM. You simply cannot hide these batteries from satellites. The missles, launch trucks, resupply vehicles, command post vehicles, phased array radars and transport trucks. You simply cannot hide so much equipement.
The first thing a sat would notice is the launch positions. They have signature shapes and configs commensurate to the SAM system, and there's a finite and usually a rather small number of them (not running into hundreds even for a large country like China). The launchers just don't part anywhere and fire.

china offered the fd2000, the export version of hq9 to pakistan in 2009, but there was a no go. it's likely that pakistan wants a better one than just the export version

Notorious,

My good man---I pray that I am proven wrong---but there is nothing hidden in pakistan---and about its secret missiles---.

Sir let me quote PShamim Sahab over here:

"Khan Saheb,
It may surprise you but HQ-9/FD-2000 may already be a reality . Pakistan was actively engaged in procuring the HQ-9/FD-2000 and reportedly these missiles are in pipeline. China has even transferred technology to Pkitan so see it being produced in Pakistan soon.

Another hint. Please look for what Chinese are showing at IDEAS . Chinese tend to bring what Pakistan may have already decided to get.
"

Sir trust me on this one, there are a lot of secrets when it comes to Pakistan's Armed Forces as a whole, PAF in particular. You would be surprised how many missiles and other assets that have been hidden from the public's eye, three particular assets that i know off in PAF's arsenal that have never been made public.

Some punk revealed it on internet that PN received C803 and C602 missiles on emergency basis after the Mumbai attacks, so i guess thats not a secret anymore. But never the less, the evidence is overwhelming in favour that HQ9 is present in PAF's arsenal. Reason why i believe that is because an High Altitude SAM was a priority for the PAF, PAF actively tested this system many times and under different scenarios and the acquisition was not a problem. If the acquisition was not a problem and a SAM like this was our priority, i see nothing thats stopping the PAF from acquiring this system. Now which derivative of the HQ9 we have in our possession, God knows but i would bet its FT2000. Unlike Western Nations whom require transparency, a lot of deals with the Chinese are done under the radar.

If there was an aota of truth in it---the indian SU 30 would not have made that dash across the border.

The SU30MKI never ventured deep into Pakistan's territory, it was right at the border and was on a snooping mission. PAF made the right call by intercepting it with a fighter jet. If the SAM's would have lit themselves up, the MKI's would have spotted it and their positions wouldn't be hidden anymore. Thus, good job PAF for intercepting the MKI with the F16 and not revealing the positions of our SAMs.

I hope Pakistan gets HQ-9A. FT-2000 is a water down export version of HQ-9A, HQ-9A is just as good as S-300PMU2 which is why when HQ-9A enter serverce in 2006, China stopped ordering S-300 from Russia.

If Pakistan is armed with HQ-9A then india's fighters will not dare to cross the border so easyily.

The question is will China willing to provide Pakistan HQ-9A, or just FT-2000?

We really need some accountable sources.

It is much similar > nobody know especially here in forums, no one know A-100 300mm MRL system (long rumor) which was recently showed in Azm-e-Nau-3 exercise! It was so surprised ! :)

It is much similar > nobody know especially here in forums, no one know A-100 300mm MRL system (long rumor) which was recently showed in Azm-e-Nau-3 exercise! It was so surprised ! :)

Well thank you for this.

But you should know that HQ-9A is far more advanced system than the A-100 right. One very important reason China is releucatant to sell HQ-9A is because it is the state of the art even bettern than the S-300MPU2.

Hi, China has generally sold Pakistan whatever it has asked for. I think the issue with the PAF not having a long range SAM boils down to the key issue of funds. In addition, China only recently started mass producing these systems and its technology is advanced and matured now. Thanks!

Well thank you for this.

But you should know that HQ-9A is far more advanced system than the A-100 right. One very important reason China is releucatant to sell HQ-9A is because it is the state of the art even bettern than the S-300MPU2.

Our Chinese Allies have been very generous when it comes to sharing technology with Pakistan. Pakistan is always given access to China's top tier technology, our F7's when acquired were better than China's F7.

Look at the JF17 project, its leaps and bounds ahead than the Super Saber Project. J10 which is China's top tier Aircraft has only been offered to Pakistan, no other country has been offered this Aircraft. We are looking to acquire more advanced surface ships and submarines such as the AIP enabled Yuan from China. Pretty much every advanced missile in your arsenal such as C802A, C602, C803, SD10B etc are all in Pakistan's possession. So i seriously doubt China wouldn't share its top tier technology with Pakistan, after all its in China's interests to ensure that Pakistan is adequately armed to maintain balance in South Asia. PAF has a whole team of engineers stationed in Chengdu which is China's Top Military Aviation Facility. The cooperation between PLA and PA is extremely close.

Hi, China has generally sold Pakistan whatever it has asked for. I think the issue with the PAF not having a long range SAM boils down to the key issue of funds. In addition, China only recently started mass producing these systems and its technology is advanced and matured now. Thanks!

No, China has been mass producing HQ-9A since 2007. 4 years already.

Hi, yes China has been building it since 2006/2007. However, would that be long enough to fulfill her own needs? I do not know, as I am not the expert.

However, China can produce stuff very fast, case in point the F-22P frigates. Maybe it is more to do with Pakistan's economic situation. Pakistan is very lucky though as China has always sold her what she has asked for. I just hope the PAF buys this system fast! Take care.

Back
Top Bottom