What's new

CCTV: Chinese HQ-9 Anti-Missile

Yes that is one issue when considering it so the PAC-3 is a alternative but much less tech transfer will occur with that system. The russian's are offering an advanced version of the S-300 as well. Remember though it isn't the first time we went with Chinese stuff.

We have the TR-300 Kasirga MRL based on the chinese WS-1 and the J-600T Yıldırım I/II SRBM based on Chinese B-611 SRBM.

TR-300 and J-600T Yildirm are beased on chinese Design, but they use some turkish made Components for Guidence etc. I also think the compatibillity to NATO Standart is by MLRS or ballistic Missiles not important than Air Defence Missiles.

I have read in this Forum that chinese Built Weapons should have compatibillity with western Databus to comunicate with Western Systems. For example JF-17 should comunicate with swedish ERIEYE, but I don't know if it's possible by HQ-9. Turkish Air Force will it's SAM's integrate in a Air Defence Network.

I hope Pakistan can get this system. There currently no advanced air defence system in Pakistani arsnals.

What makes you think Pakistan does not has this system ;), some things are better kept secrets my friend. Let the enemy discover what we have in store when they cross the border, don't be surprised if our SAMs start firing missiles at high altitudes. I would argue, Pakistan's Air Defence System is quite good considering the threat it is facing.

Any news if we are getting them other then rumors that we have them?

What makes you think Pakistan does not has this system ;), some things are better kept secrets my friend. Let the enemy discover what we have in store when they cross the border, don't be surprised if our SAMs start firing missiles at high altitudes. I would argue, Pakistan's Air Defence System is quite good considering the threat it is facing.

Hi,

If we had it---then some kid would have heard it from his dad / uncles / cousins etc and blurted it out on this web-site byu now.

Hi,

If we had it---then some kid would have heard it from his dad / uncles / cousins etc and blurted it out on this web-site byu now.

Sir there are good reasons to believe that Pakistan is in possession of the HQ9 batteries. The clues are there, we just have to add them to get the whole picture. Pakistan wouldn't really be testing the HQ9 batteries several times if they were not interested in acquiring them. HQ9 like many other items in PAF's arsenal are one of the hidden goodies, only in case of war will these items be fully activated.

Notorious,

My good man---I pray that I am proven wrong---but there is nothing hidden in pakistan---and about its secret missiles---.

If there was an aota of truth in it---the indian SU 30 would not have made that dash across the border.

Sir there are good reasons to believe that Pakistan is in possession of the HQ9 batteries. The clues are there, we just have to add them to get the whole picture. Pakistan wouldn't really be testing the HQ9 batteries several times if they were not interested in acquiring them. HQ9 like many other items in PAF's arsenal are one of the hidden goodies, only in case of war will these items be fully activated.

You only hide offensive weapons if you want to start a war. For defense, you want to show what defensive weapons you have to deter the enemy from attacking.

Pakistan does not have HQ9. If it did, it would announce it, maybe not the numbers of batteries but it would make sure India knew it had them.

Hi, I will have to agree with MK and Co. There is no way in hell the PAF has the HQ-9 or any long range SAM. You simply cannot hide these batteries from satellites. The missles, launch trucks, resupply vehicles, command post vehicles, phased array radars and transport trucks. You simply cannot hide so much equipement.

I hope the PAF gets a long range credible SAM system soon, as it really needs it to counterbalance the Su-30MKIs. Take care.

There have been reports in the past. We haven't seen evidence. There are new reports (ACM) that Pakistan is looking into a few SAM systems. Let us wait. It will not be low altitude cause we are already saturated with that. Probably medium to long range. About getting noticed. Well, a factory of Babur was not noticed, and that one is very static. Don't overestimate the aerial rec. These goodies are very fast and easy to move to different location and hiding them is not something impossible. How would we cope with all those BM we have? I doubt these are parked in farmhouses or near trees.

I think we can look at very simple. a decade ago we had 20 years old F16's, 30+ years old Mirages and second gen F7's. Now we have Erieye (latest version), Il78 tankers, ZDK03, Block52, JF17 and goodies like Babur and Ra'ad. We manufacture (And maybe improve) Anza's. We bought medium range SAM. Why would we invest so much in other assets if we do not have already decent long range SAM's? We are not going to risk IL78 or Erieye if we cannot stop MKI on long range.

Do not believe what Indians tell. They are at the moment (Bharat RS forum) trying to tell eachother that Pakistan does not have nukes or did not have good tests. We al know how well the Indians did with their duds.

Back
Top Bottom