What's new

Çay Bahçesi

@Sinan @xenon54 @atatwolf

You guys must torrent alot otherwise you wouldn't need fast internet. :whistle:
------
Mortal Combat Hygiene

View attachment 176075
I stream alot...watch all those tv series and movies online ...stupid institute laptop doesnt have enough space to run properly if I download and save my work files...what if virus attack :o: there goes 2yr worth of thesis!

I stream alot...watch all those tv series and movies online ...stupid institute laptop doesnt have enough space to run properly if I download and save my work files...what if virus attack :o: there goes 2yr worth of thesis!

You are over cautious, I don't give attention to anti-virus programs and I never had a serious virus issue even though I visit indecent places :D

My connection is normally nt so bad, but when bastards start sucking off torrent I can't even watch a video.

How to clean malware (aka Viruses) / Make your computer faster
  1. Download malwarebytes Anti Malware and run it (Malwarebytes | Internet Security Product Downloads)
  2. Download Kapsersky TDSS Killer and run it (Kaspersky TDSSKiller - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com)
  3. Go to control panel and click on programs and features then uninstall the programs that look suspicious and the ones you know that you never downloaded.
  4. Search for "msconfig" on your computer and run it, then click on the "startups" tab and disable unnecessary start up programs by unchecking the box next to their names.
  5. If you dont have any antivirus protection download Comodo because it is free and doesn't expire. Run the virus scan. (Comodo Internet Security Premium - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com)
  6. Uninstall your old antivirus because it was most likely a free trial that came with your computer and doesn't work anymore.(no need to waste memory)
  7. Download CCleaner and run it (CCleaner - Download)
  8. Search "Disk Defragmentor" on your computer and run it
  9. Download Ad blocker for your browser (Adblock Plus - Surf the web without annoying ads!)
@Targon @Akheilos
Do those steps and i guarantee that your computer will go much faster than before.

Also download antivirus for your phone. Im using android and i have malwarebytes anti virus on my phone.

Last edited:

Make multiple copies of your thesis. USB, external Hard disks. Worst case Print all of our work and store it in a safe

Better to be safe than sorry

Make multiple copies of your thesis. USB, external Hard disks. Worst case Print all of our work and store it in a safe

You sound like my supervisor :o: I sent him a copy everytime I did something new...

How to clean malware (aka Viruses) / Make your computer faster
  1. Download malwarebytes Anti Malware and run it (Malwarebytes | Internet Security Product Downloads)
  2. Download Kapsersky TDSS Killer and run it (Kaspersky TDSSKiller - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com)
  3. Go to control panel and click on programs and features then uninstall the programs that look suspicious and the ones you know that you never downloaded.
  4. Search for "msconfig" on your computer and run it, then click on the "startups" tab and disable unnecessary start up programs by unchecking the box next to their names.
  5. If you dont have any antivirus protection download Comodo because it is free and doesn't expire. Run the virus scan. (Comodo Internet Security Premium - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com)
  6. Uninstall your old antivirus because it was most likely a free trial that came with your computer and doesn't work anymore.(no need to waste memory)
  7. Download CCleaner and run it (CCleaner - Download)
  8. Search "Disk Defragmentor" on your computer and run it
  9. Download Ad blocker for your browser (Adblock Plus - Surf the web without annoying ads!)
@Targon @Akheilos
Do those steps and i guarantee that your computer will go much faster than before.

Also download antivirus for your phone. Im using android and i have malwarebytes anti virus on my phone.
I wish but my stupid office laptop wont let me update its kaspersky coz I need to be in the bloody institute with their bloody LAN in order to do it! We have Kaspersky with license but we can only update it with intranet I think that stupid software which cant update itself is crashing my laptop I told the stupid IT dept they didnt understand I move around Europe and cant come back just to plug on the LAN and update the bloody thing but no those stupid IT people didnt understand me!

Yea I am pissed :pissed:

For almost 2 yrs I have emailed myself and CC my supervisor every progress I did...but huge chunks of data are still on that laptop I transferred half to the other laptop that my group shares for using other software :angel:

You sound like my supervisor :o: I sent him a copy everytime I did something new...

I wish but my stupid office laptop wont let me update its kaspersky coz I need to be in the bloody institute with their bloody LAN in order to do it! We have Kaspersky with license but we can only update it with intranet I think that stupid software which cant update itself is crashing my laptop I told the stupid IT dept they didnt understand I move around Europe and cant come back just to plug on the LAN and update the bloody thing but no those stupid IT people didnt understand me!

Yea I am pissed :pissed:

Vpn ?

whats vpn?

Its a service
for example when you have an regular internet connection, you cannot access papers on the internet, but with VPN I can access the network of my University and than I am able to get access to those papers because my University has a subscription to it, also you can access your files and stuff like you were using it like a local network.

If your University/Institution supports VPN, which hopefully they have, you should be able to update your Kaspersky, because with VPN it will think your are at your University/Institution's local network

Its a service
for example when you have an regular internet connection, you cannot access papers on the internet, but with VPN I can access the network of my University and than I am able to get access to those papers because my University has a subscription to it, also you can access your files and stuff like you were using it like a local network
Yes something like that....more like yup exactly like that....

I'm sorry to interrupt but it's funny how life goes on 124 souls departed and here we are (specially our Pak members) Talking about VPNs and having chit chats.

Life is so weird.. Somewhere there are mass mournings and somewhere people are cheering and enjoying their life as usual..

I'm sorry to interrupt but it's funny how life goes on 124 souls departed and here we are (specially our Pak members) Talking about VPNs and having chit chats.

Life is so weird.. Somewhere there are mass mournings and somewhere people are cheering and enjoying their life as usual..
If you cant multi task then please stop bitching

whats vpn?
Virtual Private Network.

Its basically a normal network such as an office network that can be accesed over a public network or your home network via a secure point to point connection.

You can pay for a vpn service to makesure that all of your internet traffic is encrypted to keep the bad guys out.:lock:

I pay for "Private Internet Access". I tested it out and it really works well. I was able to get one of my friends passwords (with his permission) using wire shark while he was using unencrypted internet, but after he turned on private internet access vpn I couldnt see his passwords or any of the sites he was visiting.:ph34r:

Virtual Private Network.

Its basically a normal network such as an office network that can be accesed over a public network or your home network via a secure point to point connection.

You can pay for a vpn service to makesure that all of your internet traffic is encrypted to keep the bad guys out.:lock:

I pay for "Private Internet Access". I tested it out and it really works well. I was able to get one of my friends passwords (with his permission) using wire shark while he was using unencrypted internet, but after he turned on private internet access vpn I couldnt see his passwords or any of the sites he was visiting.:ph34r:
:o:

Virtual Private Network.

Sniffing Wifi ?

Back
Top Bottom