What's new

Çay Bahçesi

Kapadokya/Nevşehir. They are not expensive.
I remember when I went to Venice I bought some of their Venice glass (Murano glass) believe me some ugly thing made from the glass was worth 30 euros...It wasnt even even and no class/ finishing...

I sent it to my family coz I dont keep (nor have the space here as I move between countries) the stuff I buy....and I told my dad a 12 yr old in Pakistan could have made something better....30 euros man!

What this man is making looks way awesome!

I remember when I went to Venice I bought some of their Venice glass (Murano glass) believe me some ugly thing made from the glass was worth 30 euros...It wasnt even even and no class/ finishing...

I sent it to my family coz I dont keep (nor have the space here as I move between countries) the stuff I buy....and I told my dad a 12 yr old in Pakistan could have made something better....30 euros man!

Hand made things are generally be expensive. But these clay things are not. :) My mother bought Murano glass...it is weird for my taste but everybody have different tastes. :meeting:

@Akheilos If you want to buy stuff you should visit the biggest market in the world which is located in Istanbul.

The_entrance_to_the_grand_bazaar.jpg

18-jpg.jpg

7729430-turkish-dishes-in-colorful-ceramics-decorated-in-the-grand-bazaar-istanbul.jpg

dsc_1207.jpg

No its not just about buying the stuff...I like to see them do a demonstration to show how its made and all..I remember in Helsinki , Finland I went to 1 of the islands and it was the last open day or something, the workshop was open and the guy was standing near the furnace and making glass stuff....was interesting to watch....I cant recall if I took some video or not but it was my first time I saw glass being made...Few days later there was a display of blacksmith doing iron works and that was my first time watching that....it was interesting....people using their hands and making stuff like the old days and not factory made or made in China stuff...I like people making it then its unique coz human cant replicate something 100% alike they are not machines so anything man made is unique-ish :D

Hand made things are generally be expensive. But these clay things are not. :) My mother bought Murano glass...it is weird for my taste but everybody have different tastes. :meeting:
It is damn weird! And for my taste...I call it ugly with no class...When people in Pakistan make it they make sure it has finishing...

I think for Venice they already made Murano glass soo famous people even pay 100 Euros for ugly stuff...as long as it is said to be made in Venice! Brand over quality!

@Akheilos If you want to buy stuff you should visit the biggest market in the world which is located in Istanbul.

The_entrance_to_the_grand_bazaar.jpg

18-jpg.jpg

7729430-turkish-dishes-in-colorful-ceramics-decorated-in-the-grand-bazaar-istanbul.jpg

dsc_1207.jpg

I think I have seen a documentary or something on this bazaar!!

Damn I would get lost there :fie:

Interesting but seriously I am soo tiny people might even step on me :cray:

@xenon54 @Hakan arkadaslar, artik yorum yazmayalim. Birak ne soylerse soylesin, neyin ne oldugu simdi belli oldu zaten. Ayrica Azerbaycanli kardeslerimiz bizi yanlis anlamadan bir son verelim, onlar zaten durumu ondan daha iyi anliyorlar.
@rmi5 let's stop the discussion in that thread, it only makes the ones happy to see bad relations between our countries. You are entitled to your opinion, but as the thread has shown Turkish and Azerbaijani members don't agree with your views.

@Hakan I don't know why the other thread got canceled, but, anyway, you just repeated your words.
The only new point, was accusing me of being a hypocrite About Azerbaijan and Turkey. If Azerbaijani government does something wrong, like their policy for higher education, which needs big investments, and a revolutionary plan, I will criticize them, but, I agree with most of what they are doing. They are secular conservatives, who have managed to have good relations with every one, and have avoided to meddle in other countries internal affairs. That 100% matches with my mindset. On the other hand, I do believe that Turkish government, AKP, and Erdogan, are bunch of backward dictators, with harmful ambitions. So, no surprise if I criticize them, regularly. Also, if you truly love your country, need to be open-minded and do not make excuses for whatever AKP does.
Anyway, I disgust this blind nationalism garbage, which makes people to blindly follow every non-sense that their government does, and makes them attack others. In this sense, you are no different from haman, surenas, or other mullah members.

@xenon54 @Hakan arkadaslar, artik yorum yazmayalim. Birak ne soylerse soylesin, neyin ne oldugu simdi belli oldu zaten. Ayrica Azerbaycanli kardeslerimiz bizi yanlis anlamadan bir son verelim, onlar zaten durumu ondan daha iyi anliyorlar.
@rmi5 let's stop the discussion in that thread, it only makes the ones happy to see bad relations between our countries. You are entitled to your opinion, but as the thread has shown Turkish and Azerbaijani members don't agree with your views.

All Turkish members are not you 3 members, and Kamil is not the only Azerbaijani member. Anyway, I did not expect this troll approach from you 3 guys.

@Hakan I don't know why the other thread got canceled, but, anyway, you just repeated your words.
The only new point, was accusing me of being a hypocrite About Azerbaijan and Turkey. If Azerbaijani government does something wrong, like their policy for higher education, which needs big investments, and a revolutionary plan, I will criticize them, but, I agree with most of what they are doing. They are secular conservatives, who have managed to have good relations with every one, and have avoided to meddle in other countries internal affairs. That 100% matches with my mindset. On the other hand, I do believe that Turkish government, AKP, and Erdogan, are bunch of backward dictators, with harmful ambitions. So, no surprise if I criticize them, regularly. Also, if you truly love your country, need to be open-minded and do not make excuses for whatever AKP does.
Anyway, I disgust this blind nationalism garbage, which makes people to blindly follow every non-sense that their government does, and makes them attack others. In this sense, you are no different from haman, surenas, or other mullah members.

All Turkish members are not you 3 members, and Kamil is not the only Azerbaijani member. Anyway, I did not expect this troll approach from you 3 guys.
#1 i dont make excuses for everything. Everyone knows that. I disagreed with pkk policy, and syria, twitter, youtube etc. I also said something about the economy regarding high credit card use etc. Also i never acredited any achievments in turkey to akp.Besides even if someone supports a certain party that doesn't mean that you treat them different from others.

All I did was state facts and now you are accusing me of trolling and are trying to draw connections between me and some other members. Ironically you even share their opinions regarding isis and turkey aswell as the same opinions of the turkish defence industry.

Its clear that i cant have a civilized discussion with you so no need to continue any further. You werent able to respond to my last post so instead you just resort to name calling.

The thread was probably closed due to insults against the chinese member.

Lol, whatever, everybody is a troll who doesnt agree with you it seems. Let's see what you do; you keep throwing mud at others with your limited/wrong knowledge about Turkey and/or its govt, demand others to agree with you, arent open to admit you're wrong, suck up to the west and israel (the ones who abuse your own Turkish brethern), call others troll and still write offensive words about our country while we (will) hold back. If you were a farsi, i'd simply ignore your rants, but as an Azerbaijani (who even cant follow Turkish news and speeches first hand) i didnt expect such ignorance and offensive words from you. stop this 'hem suclu, hem guclu' behavior, thanks.

Last edited:
I have closed this chapter in that thread, i have no grudge to anyone and hope no Azeri brother got angry.

Back
Top Bottom