What's new

Casteism Map of India: How strong is it over entire India?

Apparently they exited country on Visitor Visa and applied for domestic work permit in UAE itself. Due to Visitor Visa, they don't have to leave the country and enter back.

Nopes, UAE wouldn't grant maids visa to Pakistani women. Actually, Pakistanis living here wanted the ban to be lifted, but when I checked last time few years back, it was still there.

Same is the case for KSA, Qatar as well as far as I know.

https://gulfnews.com/uae/expats-want-pakistan-ban-on-housemaids-lifted-1.208522

I had to apply visa for a Sri Lankan helper when I failed to hire a Pakistani.

Oh dear .... you are quite the "jamil bond", travelling the world, seeking out "Indian" janitors all over the world. :lol:

This forum should be renamed, "Comedy central".
Indian bathroom/ shit cleaners are all around the world and are preferred for this job. You don't really need to look for them.

Prove it.
Seeing is believing. Start traveling you will get to know automatically that Indian specially Hindus doing bathroom cleaning everywhere. For online proof you can refer to post#12..

You do understand that presence of Indian workers in cleaning occupations does not preclude presence of Pakistan origin workers in the same profession in significant numbers.
Indian Hindus are preferred for this job because they don't see this profession with disgust. It is just as academic as this.

So are Pakistan folks. Thats why they are in the unskilled labor jobs in gulf in the first place.
not really. Indians have downgraded the market rates because where other nationalities do job for $25 and hour an Indian gets ready to the same job for $5..

Again, your observing and NO Pakistan origin worker actually working there are two different things. Lastly, do you ASK each and every janitor you come across if they are not from Pakistan?

BTW, I have worked closely with MANY facility management firms and yes, at least in Canada, a significant number of Pakistan origin folks work in janitorial and cleaning duties. BTW, so do Indians or a lot of folks from south/south eastern Asia like Philippine, Indonesia, Sir Lanka etc. And so do Canadians as well.
very rare. Indians are preferred for this job - reasons stated above. BTW, little modi @Nityam wants to exclude indians from this list... ask him to read your post and delete post#6 and apologize to this forum for lying to teeth -- just like big modi.. :lol:

Seeing is believing. Start traveling you will get to know automatically that Indian specially Hindus doing bathroom cleaning everywhere. For online proof you can refer to post#12..
Thats exactly the issue. Its actually believing is the seeing. You will see only what you believe.

Nopes, UAE wouldn't grant maids visa to Pakistani women. Actually, Pakistanis living here wanted the ban to be lifted, but when I checked last time few years back, it was still there.

Same is the case for KSA, Qatar as well as far as I know.

https://gulfnews.com/uae/expats-want-pakistan-ban-on-housemaids-lifted-1.208522

I had to apply visa for a Sri Lankan helper when I failed to hire a Pakistani.
I looked in UAE MoHRE website and UAE govt website :
https://www.mohre.gov.ae/en/our-services/issue-domestic-worker-work-permit.aspx
https://government.ae/en/informatio...mestic-workers/uae-policy-on-domestic-helpers

Here is the text of law that went into force in 2017
http://gulfmigration.org/database/l...ederal Law No 15 of 2017 Domestic workers.pdf

I could not find such a policy. May be UAE embassy in Pakistan has that. Infact it says "No worker can be discriminated based on gender blah blah blah nation of origin blah blah blah."

I could not find such a policy. May be UAE embassy in Pakistan has that. Infact it says "No worker can be discriminated based on gender blah blah blah nation of origin blah blah blah."
It's still there. Many websites state this clearly:

You can only sponsor a maid from the following countries: India, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Ethiopia, Bangladesh, and Indonesia.

Countries:
You are only allowed to sponsor your housemaid from

• Sri Lanka,
  • Ethiopia,
  • India,
  • Indonesia
  • Philippines
  • Bangladesh
https://prodesk.ae/visa-services/maid-visa-services/

=================================================

Other rules for issuing housemaid visa in Dubai state that maids hired must be over the age of 18 and can only be sponsored from India, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Bangladesh and Indonesia.

https://www.bayut.com/mybayut/steps-sponsoring-maid-nanny-visa-dubai/

=================================================

You can only sponsor a maid from the following countries: India, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Ethiopia, Bangladesh, Nepal and Indonesia.

http://www.amerdubai.net/site/index.php?lang=2&dir=news&page=show&nid=1073&ex=2

It's still there. Many websites state this clearly:

You can only sponsor a maid from the following countries: India, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Ethiopia, Bangladesh, and Indonesia.

Countries:
You are only allowed to sponsor your housemaid from

• Sri Lanka,
  • Ethiopia,
  • India,
  • Indonesia
  • Philippines
  • Bangladesh
https://prodesk.ae/visa-services/maid-visa-services/
This website is dated and probably stale. It mentions minimum salary for having a maid as 6000 or 5000. This was boosted to 25000 recently and previously to 20000. Also its links are dead.

This website is dated and probably stale. It mentions minimum salary for having a maid as 6000 or 5000. This was boosted to 25000 recently and previously to 20000. Also its links are dead.
Check my post again. I have mentioned more websites.

This is the rule. I suffered because of this in 2013. It is still the case.

If you don't want to believe, then its ok!

This is the rule. I suffered because of this in 2013. It is still the case.
The new law came in 2017. But that said, embassy in Pakistan may still have restrictions. Thats why I said, once they come to UAE, those restrictions may not apply.

The new law came in 2017. But that said, embassy in Pakistan may still have restrictions. Thats why I said, once they come to UAE, those restrictions may not apply.
Even the new law doesn't permit other nationalities.

The ban is not because of embassy. Embassy has a little role in this.

Even the new law doesn't permit other nationalities.
Oh well, the best I can do to confirm or deny is to write to Tadbeer directly who are now over looking majority of such appointments (http://www.tadbeerhomecare.ae/#Contact). They can confirm or deny if the same is possible or not. I tried looking at all the official pages and it says nothing about it.

Here is an updated website for you. It also mentions AED 25000 salary requirement:

Salary: Sponsor's monthly salary should not be less than Dh25,000.

Wages of Maids
arrow.gif
Currently, maids can be obtained only from India, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Nepal, Bangladesh, Indonesia and Ethiopia, each of which has its own stipulations for minimum wages, age and other working conditions.

For example, Indian maids command a minimum salary of Dh1,100. A prepaid mobile phone with SIM card should be given to the housemaid upon arrival. Read more

The rate for Filipina is Dh1460 ($400), Sri Lankan Dh825, Indonesian Dh800, Nepali Dh900 and Bangladeshi Dh750.
Maids from African countries like Ethiopia, Uganda and Kenya are other options.
To sponsor a Nepalese Maid, the employer also needs a Police Clearance Certificate. Read more

http://www.visaprocess.ae/details.php?page=maid_sponsorship

Oh well, the best I can do to confirm or deny is to write to Tadbeer directly who are now over looking majority of such appointments (http://www.tadbeerhomecare.ae/#Contact). They can confirm or deny if the same is possible or not. I tried looking at all the official pages and it says nothing about it.
Yes, better. Let me know too.

I have a friend truck driver there and he says the Maids are abused in Dubai and cant even complain because of financial condition and closed society. Realy sad .

And as far casteism in India I give you a practical example and I couldn't believe it when I 1st heard it.

You remember the Erath quake in gujrat?
So Sikhs took 100of truck full of needed items to gujrat.
So as our tradition we started the Langar and everyone no matter who have to eat in a row sitting beside each others. But many people just kept standing there.
So sewadaars were realy confused & when they asked why you not joining to eat. They said I'm quoting" sardaar ji hum bhukhe reh lenge hame jaha bethne ko majboor mat karo".
So sardars just made 3-4 extra rows and just let the people sort out where they wanted to sit.
And just imagine this is happening when people were in dire need of food. How would they behave when in good condition? Any1 guess.
So caste is definitely there. Even in sikhs as well but in sikhs it's more towards rich and poor. Type difference that too only while marriage.

I have a friend truck driver there and he says the Maids are abused in Dubai and cant even complain because of financial condition and closed society. Realy sad .
That's right, and this is the reason why Pakistan probably requested gulf states to not allow Pakistani housemaids.

Although i suffered, but there is some logic in this as well.

Here is an updated website for you. It also mentions AED 25000 salary requirement:

Salary: Sponsor's monthly salary should not be less than Dh25,000.

Wages of Maids
arrow.gif
Currently, maids can be obtained only from India, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Nepal, Bangladesh, Indonesia and Ethiopia, each of which has its own stipulations for minimum wages, age and other working conditions.

For example, Indian maids command a minimum salary of Dh1,100. A prepaid mobile phone with SIM card should be given to the housemaid upon arrival. Read more

The rate for Filipina is Dh1460 ($400), Sri Lankan Dh825, Indonesian Dh800, Nepali Dh900 and Bangladeshi Dh750.
Maids from African countries like Ethiopia, Uganda and Kenya are other options.
To sponsor a Nepalese Maid, the employer also needs a Police Clearance Certificate. Read more

http://www.visaprocess.ae/details.php?page=maid_sponsorship

Yes, better. Let me know too.
Your link actually says this :

If the Maid is inside UAE on cancelled visa or Visit / Tourist Visa, Dh1307 to be paid extra for Status Change (Dh680 to issue visa inside the country and Dh627 for status amendment). In this case no need India, Nepal, Philippines, Sri Lanka Consulate related procedures after get issued the visa

Essentially, this is what is/was stopping you and if they are already in the country will get bypassed. This is what is allowing for the website that I linked earlier. Basically consulate related processes need to be completed/bypassed.

I will still write to Tadbeer folks for a more "official" answer.

Rama Krishna mission is NOT a Sanskrit gurukul NOR a recognized center for Sanskrit knowledge nor part of any Hindu Guru Shishya parampara where scriptural knowledge is transmitted.

The founder Swami Vivekananda was not educated in the Vedic system or by any scholar of sanskrit.

Vivekananda was a member of the Brahmo Samaj - an atheist anti vedic organization which Rejected the Vedas.

The mission he started is purely a "Missionary" service like the christian missionary.

What value does their "translation" of any scripture have ?

Its is like Sadhguru translating the Hindu scriptures. He at least openly says he is ignorant of them.

How is Nikhilananda any different from Max Muller ?

Says the cleaner found 15 kg of gold and returned it to the owner. Its in urdu.
Vivekananda was a member of the Brahmo Samaj ????????????

Your link actually says this :

Essentially, this is what is/was stopping you and if they are already in the country will get bypassed. This is what is allowing for the website that I linked earlier. Basically consulate related processes need to be completed/bypassed.

I will still write to Tadbeer folks for a more "official" answer.
What it means is that you don't have to go through the procedures again that are required by respective consulates, which is logical.

some examples are:

Medical, Bio-Metric & Entry Visa from India: If the maid is in India, some applicants will get visa approval reference number only from Immigration. Using this reference number maid has to complete pre-arrival Medical from GAMCA and approach UAE Consulate in Thiruvananthapuram or Embassy in Delhi for bio-metric capture and Entry Visa stamping in the passport. read more

Medical from Home Country: Maids from Ethiopia, Indonesia and Sri Lanka are required to take a medical fitness test in their home countries before applying for the visa. Read more

Refundable Deposit at Embassy/Consulate: India: Dh9200, Nepal: Dh5000, Sri Lanka: Dh3675. Philippine, Bangladesh, and Indonesian missions do not require security deposits.

Affidavit / No relation Certificate from Indian Consulate
arrow.gif
If the sponsor is an Indian, Affidavit can be made from Indian Consulate/ Embassy. Required documents: 1. Passport copy of Sponsor, Spouse and Maid. 2. Original passports of Sponsor and Spouse. 3. Affidavit Form can be collected from Consulate and filled by hand. 4. Fees Dh60. Attested Affidavit will be delivered the same time. Indian Consulate Timing: Sunday to Thursday 8am-12noon. Location: Bur Dubai, Karama, near Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Back
Top Bottom