What's new

Casteism Map of India: How strong is it over entire India?

I merely constructed a search query that will narrow down any job posting with words "cleaners" and "dubia" and limited it to only Pakistan sites. This basically gives you a list of ads specific to Pakistan.

It disproves your earlier assumptions that a certain kind of jobs are targeted only for non-Pakistan nationals.

Now the second part. You understand that these two are different :

1. I never come across a cleaner from Pakistan in gulf countries.
2. There are NO or very rare cleaners from Pakistan in gulf countries.

You may not have noticed Pakistan origin cleaners because you were simply not looking for them.
God! you got so much time to kill?!

The issue with certain beliefs of Pakistan folks is similar to the so called invisible dragon in garage situation described by great Carl Sagan, https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/The_Dragon_in_My_Garage .

The problem is that when a person believes in a belief then he keeps on adding new qualification to their belief.

It is the same case here.

A certain member argues that Pakistan folks NEVER work in janitorial or cleaning work in gulf.

You show them a news which does report a Pakistan clearner in Gulf.

The member argues that Pakistan folks RARELY work as janitors or cleaners and that person is perhaps the ONLY such janitor. He further mentions that such posts in gulf are advertised SPECIFICALLY for HINDUS and INDIANS.

You show them plenty of ads being published targetting specifically for Pakistan folks with arrangements that ONLY pakistan folks can take them because the recruitment effort is limited to Pakistan. Not to mention, a number of people from Pakistan have shown interest in such jobs in Dubai.

The member says, "I bet no one from Pakistan joins that job", with a customary "lol". He also reiterates that ONLY Hindu Indian are recruited for such jobs and posts a search page (not even limiting it to India). The point that BOTH Indian and Pakistan folks can be working in significant numbers is lost on the person. The fact that number of Indians is 6-7 times is lost on the said person.

At this time you realize that the guy has a belief in belief that Pakistan folks CANNOT work in cleaning or Janitorial jobs and only Hindus do that. Such a belief is as strong as a religious person's belief in God. NO amount of evidence can make them EVEN consider anything else. You can only pity them.

How do you explain the amount of people who expressed their Interest in the job? Remember, the link I posted had responses from a number of people.
You seem to use Wiki a lot...Kind of kills the excitement in all heavy duty search work you were bragging about :unsure:

You ONLY suck up to janitors and tip them 5 dirhams ?

Or do you do the same for construction workers , electricians, plumbers, maids and gardeners ?

And you ask the citizenship of every single one of them, right ?

Which basically means you must be tipping at least 100 dirhams every day :enjoy: ..... which means every month you must be tipping 3000 dirhams :D

What a shame you keep tipping Indians while imran khan goes to Dubai with a begging bowl.
Mind the language!

He doest have to tip daily and who are you to bother how much he tips and when? Until and unless you want to follow in his footsteps and want his schedule I suggest keeping the BS to yourself!

What it means is that you don't have to go through the procedures again that are required by respective consulates, which is logical.
What it means is that you don't have to go through the procedures again that are required by respective consulates, which is logical.

some examples are:

Medical, Bio-Metric & Entry Visa from India: If the maid is in India, some applicants will get visa approval reference number only from Immigration. Using this reference number maid has to complete pre-arrival Medical from GAMCA and approach UAE Consulate in Thiruvananthapuram or Embassy in Delhi for bio-metric capture and Entry Visa stamping in the passport. read more

Medical from Home Country: Maids from Ethiopia, Indonesia and Sri Lanka are required to take a medical fitness test in their home countries before applying for the visa. Read more

Refundable Deposit at Embassy/Consulate: India: Dh9200, Nepal: Dh5000, Sri Lanka: Dh3675. Philippine, Bangladesh, and Indonesian missions do not require security deposits.

Affidavit / No relation Certificate from Indian Consulate
arrow.gif
If the sponsor is an Indian, Affidavit can be made from Indian Consulate/ Embassy. Required documents: 1. Passport copy of Sponsor, Spouse and Maid. 2. Original passports of Sponsor and Spouse. 3. Affidavit Form can be collected from Consulate and filled by hand. 4. Fees Dh60. Attested Affidavit will be delivered the same time. Indian Consulate Timing: Sunday to Thursday 8am-12noon. Location: Bur Dubai, Karama, near Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Okay had a word with Tadbeer folks. Apparently we both were wrong, albeit in different way.

1. As an employer a household CAN NOT directly sponsor a Pakistan-origin woman.

2. That said, Tadbeer can do it on behalf of the employer, Yes I asked explicitly for Pakistan-origin women , in such a case visa will have sponsorship of Tadbeer. BTW, this option is also open for women of any nationality. They will take care of visa application, renewal etc.

https://www.tadbeervisa.com/2-year

So, yeah, it is possible for Pakistan origin women to be working as housemaids in UAE.

I don't know if this knowledge will still be useful for you to hire a maid. :P

God! you got so much time to kill?!
Yeah, I have some issues due to which I am house bound. Temporarily.

You seem to use Wiki a lot...Kind of kills the excitement in all heavy duty search work you were bragging about :unsure:
I prefer to give a background of what I am talking about to people.... Unless they are Chinese.

Okay had a word with Tadbeer folks. Apparently we both were wrong, albeit in different way.

1. As an employer a household CAN NOT directly sponsor a Pakistan-origin woman.

2. That said, Tadbeer can do it on behalf of the employer, Yes I asked explicitly for Pakistan-origin women , in such a case visa will have sponsorship of Tadbeer. BTW, this option is also open for women of any nationality. They will take care of visa application, renewal etc.

https://www.tadbeervisa.com/2-year

So, yeah, it is possible for Pakistan origin women to be working as housemaids in UAE.

I don't know if this knowledge will still be useful for you to hire a maid. :P
Thanks..

People were doing third party hiring of Pakistanis before as well. Just that they were setting up companies in FZs and bringing helpers. But it was only being done by few well off Pakistani families, who wanted to bring their tried and tested helpers from Pakistan only. The option was expensive, and I think Tadbeer's option is also expensive. Usually people don't take tadbeer or company sponsorship option.

I think that's why we hardly see Pakistani housemaids in UAE (I haven't seen a single one, but heard about a family who brought someone on company visa).

But thanks for the information. I am now happy with a live-out Sri Lankan helper for now. There were some problems when my children were young and I needed someone to cook Pakistani food more than doing house chores.

Tadbeer's information is new for me, and I will definitely consider it next time when I plan to hire again.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom