What's new

Caste System Discrimination Documentary in India today (Warning:Disgusting)

It is, actually. It was primarily a party of secessionists.

They were also one of the main opponents to the 15 year deadline ( as agreed while framing the constitution ) of making Hindi the official language of communication.

It was not. You are confusing DMK with Periyar's DK party. As I said Jinnah prodded Periyar to demand a separate Dravidastan and even Periyar was receptive of it..but it never found favor with the common people and hence the idea died its natural death.

Regarding the anti-Hindi agaitations it was a separate issue and from my perspective it was justified. There was no reason why one language -- out of the 100 odd languages in India should have been afforded a special status. If India can be secular while 85% of the population was Hindu at that time..why should a language that was hardly spoken by 30% of the population with a antive tongue must be given a national language status..

Their yellow @sses will turn brown as well and they will lose their yellowness if they live here for a couple of generations.

That's not how the world works, which is why white Australians haven't turned brown, and why Indians living in Europe have not turned white. :lol:

That's not how the world works, which is why white Australians haven't turned brown, and why Indians living in Europe have not turned white. :lol:

May or may not - who knows :lol:

send a few over, we will put them to the test. :rofl:

It was not. You are confusing DMK with Periyar's DK party. As I said Jinnah prodded Periyar to demand a separate Dravidastan and even Periyar was receptive of it..but it never found favor with the common people and hence the idea died its natural death.

Regarding the anti-Hindi agaitations it was a separate issue and from my perspective it was justified. There was no reason why one language -- out of the 100 odd languages in India should have been afforded a special status. If India can be secular while 85% of the population was Hindu at that time..why should a language that was hardly spoken by 30% of the population with a antive tongue must be given a national language status..
Sanskrit was accepted By all regional parties But ... Congress Rejected it Sighting that it would mean Communal as they Considered Sanskrit as a Hindu language ... Idiots didnt know Sanskrit is the Mother of all language ... :hitwall:

I as being a South Indian never had a problem with Sanskrit being our national language...

Sanskrit was accepted By all regional parties But ... Congress Rejected it Sighting that it would mean Communal as they Considered Sanskrit as a Hindu language ... Idiots didnt know Sanskrit is the Mother of all language ... :hitwall:

I as being a South Indian never had a problem with Sanskrit being our national language...

Although, how many people actually spoke or understood Sanskrit ?

The popular form of communication used to be 'Hindustani'.

Although, how many people actually spoke or understood Sanskrit ?

The popular form of communication used to be 'Hindustani'.

AFAIK, Hebrew was more or less a language used for religious cermonies of Jews just like Arabic is to Muslims..but after the state of Israel was formed, Hebrew was revived and now its the state language of Israel, widely spoken and understood. The same could be done to Sanskrit.

AFAIK, Hebrew was more or less a language used for religious cermonies of Jews just like Arabic is to Muslims..but after the state of Israel was formed, Hebrew was revived and now its the state language of Israel, widely spoken and understood. The same could be done to Sanskrit.

Yes, but unlike Sanskrit, it is mandatory for a practising Jew to study Hebrew inorder to be able to recite the Torah and associated texts.

In India, learning Sanskrit is not mandatory for followers of any religion or significant community.

Let the truth be told to you, Sikhs have nothing to do with Hindu Caste system and Tamils are just another Hindus and follow the same system and Tamils were seeking independence from Sri lanka not India.

By even taking a cursory look at your post, one can easily figure out how much grasp you have on the topic..

Btw, there are couple of Tamils on this very thread. Just wait and see what you get in response from them.. :lol:
i have debate with people who are aware of what they are talking, i do not argue with foolish people, just because they come up with their own sh%t on an international forum

It is, actually. It was primarily a party of secessionists.

They were also one of the main opponents to the 15 year deadline ( as agreed while framing the constitution ) of making Hindi the official language of communication.
the second part is correct, when we know English and Tamil what was the need for us to learn Hindi, you can not compel some thing on the locals if they do not want that, is it not. I am a Tamil I do not know Hindi, what is the big fuz about it, is it mandatory to learn Hindi to prove that I am an INDIAN, this is the same non-sence when SINGHAL was forced on the Tamils of SL that created LTTE (besides the descrimination part)

Yes, but unlike Sanskrit, it is mandatory for a practising Jew to study Hebrew inorder to be able to recite the Torah and associated texts.

In India, learning Sanskrit is not mandatory for followers of any religion or significant community.

The same is for Muslims & Arabic, but how many Muslims in India are fluent in Arabic eventhough they learnt to read Arabic & memorize Quran in Madrassah. Somewhat same is the situation of Jews & Hebrew.

I am not talking about learning a language for the sake of religious ceremonies, but the revival of language. From what I know Hebrew was made more easy by the scholars after the state of Israel was formed so that it can be used as a spoken language rather than one used only inside Jewish temples...thus bringing about a single language for all Israelis irrespective of whether they migrated from Russia or India or Ethopia or Germany.

Agreed, but then why did your regional party agree to adopt Hindi within 15 years while framing the constitution ?

The same is for Muslims & Arabic, but how many Muslims in India are fluent in Arabic eventhough they learnt to read Arabic & memorize Quran in Madrassah. Somewhat same is the situation of Jews & Hebrew.

I am not talking about learning a language for the sake of religious ceremonies, but the revival of language. From what I know Hebrew was made more easy by the scholars after the state of Israel was formed so that it can be used as a spoken language rather than one used only inside Jewish temples...thus bringing about a single language for all Israelis irrespective of whether they migrated from Russia or India or Ethopia or Germany.

By all means, revive the language. We can continue the discussion then :)

Agreed, but then why did your regional party agree to adopt Hindi within 15 years while framing the constitution ?

Which one?

By all means, revive the language. We can continue the discussion then :)

I was answering your point that not many people spoke or understood Sanskrit. We have the example of Israel before which showed that its not a necessary criteria for a national language. As for the revival, well its up to the Govt but frankly I don't they are interested now.

To the op i suggest not to open such threads, though ur intention may be noble there are very few posters with balanced approach from other nationalities and especially when this topic is used to troll us u have given them free pass.

Might be ur new here, please go through for sometime and understand.

To the op i suggest not to open such threads, though ur intention may be noble there are very few posters with balanced approach from other nationalities and especially when this topic is used to troll us u have given them free pass.

Might be ur new here, please go through for sometime and understand.

Its fine by me, as long in the process of arguing with the trolls, we learn alot ourselves.

I notice in the video that Dalits have very dark skin, on par with Africans? Is this how they identify them?

But then 80% of Indians have their same skin colour, so how can you tell the difference between an Indian and a Dalit?

Dont try to play the victim card when indians call u with some name and im staying in singapore and personaly i have met lot of chinese boys and girls but 99% chinese even though they are fair all are looking like crap now tell me how can i find the difference between singapore chinese and some chinese from Hongkong as both these groups looks utter crap and its hard for me differntiate between these two crap looks

Back
Top Bottom