What's new

Career in the ISI

They operate under different set of rules than many other agencies around the world. Try asking a 100 Pakistanis who know Pakistan well, if they know where the ISI HQ is, you will get dozens of different answers, or no answers at all.You cannot find any ISI agent on camera available in public domain. Extreme secrecy is a golden rule in ISI, which should explain their track record success. One of my family friends worked with the intelligence [don't know which agency], his family only found out when he died [killed]. Besides all intel outfits are created to do the dirty work of a state, the more secretive they are the better, there are no medals, no movies...that bit lies in fiction.

Aeronaut
Nice information sir. May I ask what post was that man working on and how did he get killed? In line of duty or just like that?
What about the desk jobs of the Intel outfits are they as secretive as their field colleagues are? Sir correct me if I am wrong, we call agent only to the personnel on field duties or every single employee of the organisation considered as agent??

Any information regarding upcoming vacancies in MoD?

They operate under different set of rules than many other agencies around the world. Try asking a 100 Pakistanis who know Pakistan well, if they know where the ISI HQ is, you will get dozens of different answers, or no answers at all.You cannot find any ISI agent on camera available in public domain. Extreme secrecy is a golden rule in ISI, which should explain their track record success. One of my family friends worked with the intelligence [don't know which agency], his family only found out when he died [killed]. Besides all intel outfits are created to do the dirty work of a state, the more secretive they are the better, there are no medals, no movies...that bit lies in fiction.

Is it because the ISI isn't as reliant on technology ??
It's just something I have always found to be very interesting though... Other intelligent agencies are equally as good, yet much more is known about them ya noe! :) but thnx for the reply.

What are the chances of girls being selected for service in the ISI? Also, if you could enlighten me a little about the necessary requirements and the procedure to apply, i would be grateful. Thank you :)

What are the chances of girls being selected for service in the ISI? Also, if you could enlighten me a little about the necessary requirements and the procedure to apply, i would be grateful. Thank you :)
there are number of seats reserved for women only so you have to contest on that, read the first page of this threas and you will get the idea of requirements,

there are number of seats reserved for women only so you have to contest on that, read the first page of this threas and you will get the idea of requirements,

Any authentic news about new vacancies from MoD throughout Pakistan???

Just recently MoD announced vacancies for ''Balochistan only'' please seniors share authentic information if possible. Many Thanks

regards:pakistan:

Is it because the ISI isn't as reliant on technology ??
It's just something I have always found to be very interesting though... Other intelligent agencies are equally as good, yet much more is known about them ya noe! :) but thnx for the reply.
its not that they lack in Technology because believe me ISI is not that behind the world, its just that they do not trust the technology, with techonolgy one always leave the foot prints which can always be tracked down, however when it comes to humint than its is a whole different game because in order to get the intel, you have to get the guy, than you break him, make him tell you thing, than you follow the lead to next guy and you repeat what you did with first guy......the biggest aexample is infront of you, 2nd may OBL raid, just read the books and you will get to know what i mean here.
had he been using internet they would have got him years ago but he used human courier

Any authentic news about new vacancies from MoD throughout Pakistan???

Just recently MoD announced vacancies for ''Balochistan only'' please seniors share authentic information if possible. Many Thanks

regards:pakistan:
i told you brother just wait and watch, sit back and relax, there will be vacancies, nothing can be said when it comes to LEA/ Intel, they do what they want to do, there might be no vacancies for next 2 years, or who knows they publish vacancies tomorrow, so my dear waittt

One more question, do we get to know if they are hiring or not through the newspaper?

yes, in the past ISI has been recruiting under the umbrella of Ministry of Defence.....so any vacancy advertised by MoD in newspaper for the post of UDC,LDC, Assistant director, DD, SI , ASI, Inspector, then they are for isi.
IB recruits through FPSC under the name Federal Govt Organization.
FIA will simply mention its name
One more question, do we get to know if they are hiring or not through the newspaper?

Thanks alot. Any books that you could recommend for the preparation of their tests?

it totally depends on the post advertised, but read up on GK by ch.najib - caravan it covers everything, read columns in newspapers to right up on essays, any good GRE book for english portion, but these are for posts above bps 16 inspector

its not that they lack in Technology because believe me ISI is not that behind the world, its just that they do not trust the technology, with techonolgy one always leave the foot prints which can always be tracked down, however when it comes to humint than its is a whole different game because in order to get the intel, you have to get the guy, than you break him, make him tell you thing, than you follow the lead to next guy and you repeat what you did with first guy......the biggest aexample is infront of you, 2nd may OBL raid, just read the books and you will get to know what i mean here.
had he been using internet they would have got him years ago but he used human courier

i told you brother just wait and watch, sit back and relax, there will be vacancies, nothing can be said when it comes to LEA/ Intel, they do what they want to do, there might be no vacancies for next 2 years, or who knows they publish vacancies tomorrow, so my dear waittt

I am dying laughing here...you're such a good friend, responding TWO MONTHS later :rofl:
no but i like what you said. it made a lot of sense, so thank u for getting back to me on this; i really appreciate it:)

I am dying laughing here...you're such a good friend, responding TWO MONTHS later :rofl:
no but i like what you said. it made a lot of sense, so thank u for getting back to me on this; i really appreciate it:)
actually i came here to answer someone else....and their i saw you :raise:.....so i thought lets help the poor kid :azn:

@balixd i remember when we were posted in Muzzafarabad, from the balcony we could see a mochi(cobler) sitting infront of the wall of a military unit(intelligence related,my best guess) . He kept an eye on everything around him. 2years i lived in muzzaffrabad I saw him sitting there, with u know hammer and stuff...
Looking at every passing vehicle and man! Silently while working with shoes.
Intelligence guy i think

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom