What's new

Career in the ISI

not sure about the vacancies , but last recruitment has been finished so they should have advertised the new vacancies , i guess it has something to do with new govt and Defence ministry with nawaz shariff himself......lets wait. I believe vacancies for FIA should be out soon too, as interior minister was saying it will undergo restructuring, and all political appointees will be kicked out....keep your hopes high.

Talking about CI certification , CI as in Counter Intelligence? i don't think anyone offers such certification , as this certification requires on field training and facial contact. Even for Surveillance and Counter Surveillance one needs Field training hours so if anyone is offering such certification over distance learning than its bs, and i personally wouldn't consider it ( no harm intended). I trained along guys doing Surveillance course in UK so i know about these things. Talking about IDS than yes that should give you an edge over others, depending on your scores in Written and psycological tests.

Thanks for the detailed reply, I am aware of the fact that PM Nawaz Sharif is holding the working authority of MoD these days, I hope the vacancies going to be announced sooner than later.

I just inquired about the certifications to gather information related to the relevant field. Actually some time department(s) mentions/required optionally the candidate to hold diploma/certificate in field or other intel, so i thought that doing studies relevant to the field would might be sufficient for the candidate to get appointment '' because one cannot get field experience unless he/she joins the organization''.

What I was presuming that by studying the relevant field/subject individual would get basic know how about the whole procedures and way of working and would just need a practical training to get going... Obviously if Pakistan does not offer these kind of certifications the student will learn just about basics of the specific subject'' through distance learning'' and will definitely need further grooming according to the procedures,policies and way of working of relevant organization of Pakistan.

Anyways thanks very much for suggesting the best options etc. Hope to have update of vacancies in MoD from you soon. Thank you

Regards

No dear, I have yet to see any department /organization requiring such kind of certification, as they give you training anyway. Though they require you to have some LEA experience, but no a certificate/ diploma can never replace on job experience
Do no feel discouraged by my words or suggestion but i feel i should point you to right direction. CI course / Sur/ Counter Surv course over distance learning will do no good because theory and practical are two different things. i have seen people holding proper certificate with good number of hours on field training with no jobs, as these things require experience. books will never teach you on its own how to do such things.
such organizations will hire you not based on your diplomas or certificates in the relevant field but your experience/ your mental level your analysis, your mindset.
As far as training is concerned than everyone joining the organization will have to go through the training anyway, so why waste money.if you still wantt to old an extra point than look into Counter Terrorism studies / security studies like this oneUniversity of the Punjab - Quaid-i-Azam- Behavioral and Social Sciences - Diploma in Criminology & Security Studies
Thanks for the detailed reply, I am aware of the fact that PM Nawaz Sharif is holding the working authority of MoD these days, I hope the vacancies going to be announced sooner than later.

I just inquired about the certifications to gather information related to the relevant field. Actually some time department(s) mentions/required optionally the candidate to hold diploma/certificate in field or other intel, so i thought that doing studies relevant to the field would might be sufficient for the candidate to get appointment '' because one cannot get field experience unless he/she joins the organization''.

What I was presuming that by studying the relevant field/subject individual would get basic know how about the whole procedures and way of working and would just need a practical training to get going... Obviously if Pakistan does not offer these kind of certifications the student will learn just about basics of the specific subject'' through distance learning'' and will definitely need further grooming according to the procedures,policies and way of working of relevant organization of Pakistan.

Anyways thanks very much for suggesting the best options etc. Hope to have update of vacancies in MoD from you soon. Thank you

Regards

If given the chance to hunt down Hakimullah Mehsud the chief of the Pakistani Taliban I am willing to join the ISI myself. In recent months my patriotism has been doubted and I wish to prove my loyalty to my country in any way I can. Hakimullah Mehsud should have been eliminated by us Pakistanis. We need to capture terrorists like Malik Ishaq and Bilal Lahori ourselves.

I wish to do so much for Pakistan, just one chance is all I need.

No dear, I have yet to see any department /organization requiring such kind of certification, as they give you training anyway. Though they require you to have some LEA experience, but no a certificate/ diploma can never replace on job experience
Do no feel discouraged by my words or suggestion but i feel i should point you to right direction. CI course / Sur/ Counter Surv course over distance learning will do no good because theory and practical are two different things. i have seen people holding proper certificate with good number of hours on field training with no jobs, as these things require experience. books will never teach you on its own how to do such things.
such organizations will hire you not based on your diplomas or certificates in the relevant field but your experience/ your mental level your analysis, your mindset.
As far as training is concerned than everyone joining the organization will have to go through the training anyway, so why waste money.if you still wantt to old an extra point than look into Counter Terrorism studies / security studies like this oneUniversity of the Punjab - Quaid-i-Azam- Behavioral and Social Sciences - Diploma in Criminology & Security Studies

AOA,
Any updates about vacancies to be announced under MoD? These vacancies were claimed to be advertised in June/July but no sign of vacancies so far.... Kindly shed some light. Thanks

Regards

ISI holds entery exams, just like CSS. You have to clear all the papers. When you clear all the papers & achieve their merit you are sent for medical test, which includes physical as well psychological test. When you pass them you are selected & sent for an army like training. After that you are a full agent.

Of course it depends on your skill whether you will limited to desk job, a spy, an investigating officer etc etc.

Simple as that. I think exams will take place in September. Start preparing now. Its not easy. Make sure:

You are a Civilian
You are a Pakistani national
You have spent much of your life in Pakistan
You are willing to sacrifice your life & assets for country
You are a good lier.

Rest the ISI will inject in u itself.

The other method is via army, rangers/para-military & police. But thats tough since u 1st have to join these fields & than ur selection probability in ISI is only 0.0001% since you would be competing against the best of armymen, policmen & para-military personal. The major limitation of this method is that you would be limited to field work but you'll get some action. Bring back couple of dead bodies home for kids to play.

but how can apply in ISI????

AOA,
Any updates about vacancies to be announced under MoD? These vacancies were claimed to be advertised in June/July but no sign of vacancies so far.... Kindly shed some light. Thanks

Regards
brother as i have told you before, carry on with your life, do what you were supposed to do, act like nothing ever happened. Do not wait for the vacancies, no one will give you concrete information. Defence portfolio is with PM nawaz shariff and before he signs any paper especially concerning this, obviously he will take his time.
look at FIA, ever since PPP govt came, there has been a ban on recruitment in FIA. IB used to recruit once in 2 years, but last year they recruited 3 times.

just keep checking papers and pray.On the other hand, PM is also planning on setting up another Counter Terrorism force just like Elite Police, it will have intelligence and Assualt teams of its own, so i believe that is why there is a hold on MoD, so as to recruit people for that. what that will take another 5-6 moths.

If you are so passionate about the agency than you should try to find some source in Military, a Colonel or Brigadier as they can recruit you as a Temp on daily wages. you can be OM or GD in that case only. I know few people working a while now like this.

if you want a permanent position than why not just enlist in Police and try to get in SB, IB, CID or isi
the last resort could be enlisting in Army.

other than that just keep waiting

brother as i have told you before, carry on with your life, do what you were supposed to do, act like nothing ever happened. Do not wait for the vacancies, no one will give you concrete information. Defence portfolio is with PM nawaz shariff and before he signs any paper especially concerning this, obviously he will take his time.
look at FIA, ever since PPP govt came, there has been a ban on recruitment in FIA. IB used to recruit once in 2 years, but last year they recruited 3 times.

just keep checking papers and pray.On the other hand, PM is also planning on setting up another Counter Terrorism force just like Elite Police, it will have intelligence and Assualt teams of its own, so i believe that is why there is a hold on MoD, so as to recruit people for that. what that will take another 5-6 moths.

If you are so passionate about the agency than you should try to find some source in Military, a Colonel or Brigadier as they can recruit you as a Temp on daily wages. you can be OM or GD in that case only. I know few people working a while now like this.

if you want a permanent position than why not just enlist in Police and try to get in SB, IB, CID or isi
the last resort could be enlisting in Army.

other than that just keep waiting

AOA brother,
Thanks for the detailed reply, I have a question.
Is it possible to have a detailed conversation through an email??? Thanks once again for the help and suggestions.

Regards

Assalam O Alaikum,

ISI koi halwa Organization nhi hai, ke koi bi mun utha kar aya or isay apni Team mai le lye, ISI ek Munazzim Idaara ha Hmare Pakistan ka, or is idaary ka hissa honay ke lye aap ke andar aisy guds honay chaye or Insan se Pyar karne wala banda nhi chaye, Watan se pyar karne wala banda chaye, [ karo Kaam aisa ke naam na ho mgar sab ko Itmenaan hojaye]
*** PAKISTAN ZINADABAAD ***

Assalam O Alaikum,

ISI koi halwa Organization nhi hai, ke koi bi mun utha kar aya or isay apni Team mai le lye, ISI ek Munazzim Idaara ha Hmare Pakistan ka, or is idaary ka hissa honay ke lye aap ke andar aisy guds honay chaye or Insan se Pyar karne wala banda nhi chaye, Watan se pyar karne wala banda chaye, [ karo Kaam aisa ke naam na ho mgar sab ko Itmenaan hojaye]
*** PAKISTAN ZINADABAAD ***

Thanks for enlightening us

Can I become a Pakistani national to get a job in the ISI? Man, I'm deadly jealous, I wish that our GiP becomes as tough as the ISI? :lol: don't you agree @Aeronaut ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom