What's new

CAPTAINS CAME IN RICKSHAWS

GUNS-N- ROSES

Reaction score
My congratulations to bangladeshi people and cricket board for a fantastic opening ceremony. i m sure, the memories of opening ceremony will stay in our minds and hearts forever. it was a prud moment for bangladesh and its people.

however, there was only one thing which was sore to my eyes. captains of all teams came in rickshaws. couldnt the organisers which included ICC, BCCI, Bangaldesh cricket board officials plan to get captains in golf carts instead of rickshaws. i m sure it would have looked elegant and graceful.

every one knows rickshaws are famous in south asia but does it mean we get the captains of all the teams in rickshaws.

guys u r comments please.

It is a part of Bangladeshi life and they are proud of it. The idea was very unique and exotic. I liked it.

Well I prefer rickshaw over driving through the jams of Dhaka. They are windy and nice. Even few years ago we felt annoyed over their presence but then people discovered they can't just remove their identity in the name of economic development. Funny thing is most of the other cities have abandoned rickshaw. But the the two major cities Dhaka and Chittagong still hav'em in abundance and thats not going to change in the foreseeable future.

1101171939-1.jpg

Awsome cermony......

I would like to ask from ma Pakistani friends......Can Pakistan GoV present such a wounderful openning ceremoney.

I would say NO........reason we are living under the hover of corrupt politicians since 1947.

Love u BD.

I would like to ask from ma Pakistani friends......Can Pakistan GoV present such a wounderful openning ceremoney.

Yes we can and we have. SAARC games, Hockey WC and 1996 Cricket WC might give a hint.

Nothing wrong in the fact that rickshaws were used in the opening ceremony. While they are not unique only to Bangladesh, they definitely are symbolic of a Bangladeshi flavor. Apart from that they are a very eco-friendly means of transportation. And they lent a touch of exotica to the spectacle, the way they were decorated. There was another symbolism in their use; they celebrated the simple ordinary Bangladeshi citizen who labors hard to make an honest day's living. In all the razzamatazz of the opening ceremony it would have been so so easy to overlook that person. It was a tribute to that man instead.
In contrast, they could have used sleek looking, spacecraft shaped electric golf carts for the same purpose. Would that be uniquely Bangladeshi in any way?
All in all, it was a great idea to use them in the show. :tup:

By the way I didn't watch the ceremony. But I have heard that 1971 war and Bangla language controversy with former west Pakistan was also part of the ceremony. They were also mentioned. Is it true???

By the way I didn't watch the ceremony. But I have heard that 1971 war and Bangla language controversy with former west Pakistan was also part of the ceremony. They were also mentioned. Is it true???

Yes...It was nice historical presentation..Some part of the show(particulary song and dance were kind of long and boring)

But overall a good ceremony by BD...Very heart touching show..

Proud to be a Bengali...

Back
Top Bottom