What's new

Can weight change the way you look?

Ouch.

Till '08, I was 85 kgs, about 5'9" and happy about my weight; perhaps 5 kgs less might have been as good as I wanted. In '10, I turned up in Calcutta, already severely overweight; by '12, my weight had hit 105 kgs. From then on, I've been struggling with my weight. The treadmill went out a long time ago, as my BP got higher and higher; it's 160/100 without medication now. I've tried shifting to the keto diet, vegetarian Indian version out of respect for my landlord, but nothing seems to work. Possibly it will take a little while for the diet to have an impact.
is quantity of the food the problem, you can cut down on the amount, strict portioning and no sweets(keep it as treat for weekend may be).
Its much easier to control weight for male.(no hormone/period/pregnancy issues)

The treadmill went out a long time ago, as my BP got higher and higher; it's 160/100 without medication now.

160/100 ! :woot: how do you live with that?

Sahib eat potassium rich food ........... like 2 bananas a day, potatoes, dates etc. Green tea is also good (with no to little sugar). Start doing your favorite physical training exercise again 5 minutes, 10 minutes .......... be it sweeping your own toilet, or doing your laundry.

And stop worrying about the positive affects. Human body doesn't like its brain stressing too much to look good just in weeks (it takes time, if you are not on the death bed then there is no need to worry, you have all the time unless you are planning to impress the angels). By the way I don't give free advice but also can't watch elderly people suffer :D

I've tried shifting to the keto diet, vegetarian Indian version out of respect for my landlord, but nothing seems to work. Possibly it will take a little while for the diet to have an impact.

The purpose of taking any diet is to enable the human body to move, function and provide energy to its muscles. If you understand why you need energy and what for ......... schedule your intake accordingly. And try spending excess energy by helping and making others happy. Don't store it ..........

160/100 ! :woot: how do you live with that?

Sahib eat potassium rich food ........... like 2 bananas a day, potatoes, dates etc. Green tea is also good (with no to little sugar). Start doing your favorite physical training exercise again 5 minutes, 10 minutes .......... be it sweeping your own toilet, or doing your laundry.

And stop worrying about the positive affects. Human body doesn't like its brain stressing too much to look good just in weeks (it takes time, if you are not on the death bed then there is no need to worry, you have all the time unless you are planning to impress the angels). By the way I don't give free advice but also can't watch elderly people suffer :D

The purpose of taking any diet is to enable the human body to move, function and provide energy to its muscles. If you understand why you need energy and what for ......... schedule your intake accordingly. And try spending excess energy by helping and making others happy. Don't store it ..........

I am increasingly impressed by the practicality and common sense of your approach. Many thanks. I shall try to follow these broad principles.

Folks why are you doing this to yourselves? Just remember that in time, you will age and your body will automatically not allow you to eat the foods you want. So why restrict from eating those awesome parathas, paneer gosht and burgers when in your old age you won't be able to digest anyways? So guys, eat what you want while you still have the chance but not too much excessively. Also do exercise as it is good for overall health. Enjoy life and don't put undue restrictions on yourselves. Life will do that for you eventually, just ask a couple of old members here :p:

Ouch.

Till '08, I was 85 kgs, about 5'9" and happy about my weight; perhaps 5 kgs less might have been as good as I wanted. In '10, I turned up in Calcutta, already severely overweight; by '12, my weight had hit 105 kgs. From then on, I've been struggling with my weight. The treadmill went out a long time ago, as my BP got higher and higher; it's 160/100 without medication now. I've tried shifting to the keto diet, vegetarian Indian version out of respect for my landlord, but nothing seems to work. Possibly it will take a little while for the diet to have an impact.
Diet is the main component of fat loss.
Easiest way to manage it is by calculating the calories in your regular diet, and cutting it down so that you spend more calories than you consume. You can still eat the good stuff, just less of it.
For you, normal daily requirement would be between 2000-2500 kcal. Try to set a consumption target between 1200-1800(can be higher if you're working out ). There is no need for extreme exercises (unless you want to look good). Just being active will do. You can eat non vegetarian food, just keep it in limits.

I work 6 days..... only sunday is off...
Life is an endless cycle of shyt... waiting for a good opportunity to present itself...
Till than have to slave away.

My man, how far is your work place from your home?

If its 18-20 kms or less, I suggest get yourself a good bicycle and be on it. Start a little early to avoid heat and traffic. Evenings in Karachi are mostly pleasant. You will reach home in far less time and also have cardio while you are at it.

Think about it.

If its 18-20 kms or less, I suggest get yourself a good bicycle and be on it. Start a little early to avoid heat and traffic. Evenings in Karachi are mostly pleasant. You will reach home in far less time and also have cardio while you are at it.

Think about it.

Nobody likes to sweat in a suit though. :lol:

Diet is the main component of fat loss.
Easiest way to manage it is by calculating the calories in your regular diet, and cutting it down so that you spend more calories than you consume. You can still eat the good stuff, just less of it.
For you, normal daily requirement would be between 2000-2500 kcal. Try to set a consumption target between 1200-1800(can be higher if you're working out ). There is no need for extreme exercises (unless you want to look good). Just being active will do. You can eat non vegetarian food, just keep it in limits.
totally agree.
i have tried to cut down on carbs and increased non-veg slightly.. and salads(which i hate).. and i think it works... earlier my plate was 50% carb(rice/roti)... now its 30%.
also you only need to cut down the potion size for 2 to 3 days.. after that.. its the 'normal' size for you... and you wont feel hungry.... (at least thats how it is for me).

Think about it.
Its only 21 km... but have to do to alot of places... city,banking courts,high court... law firm..

And i just came back home... started at 6:20.

Reached at 8:30.

Nobody likes to sweat in a suit though. :lol:
No matter what you do..

You will sweat in karachi... specially in summers... the weather here sucks... its a fukin oven... specially for outsiders..

Back
Top Bottom