What's new

Can weight change the way you look?

You can't sustain this lifestyle for long and you will eventually start eating salt and boom you will gain 6-7 kg of water weight you lost again.. Normal diet again and you will gain 4-5 kilos again.. So in the end net difference will only be 4 kilos which you could have easily done by remaining calorie deficient but still eating whatever you want except sodas and excessive sugar.

No dude, i actually gained only 4 kgs back... and that was due to the fact that i left the gym and started eating junk food/sodas etc.

My diet was ok... i was takin all the carbs and stuff with meat/fruits... but exertion was more than the intake.

Ouch.

Till '08, I was 85 kgs, about 5'9" and happy about my weight; perhaps 5 kgs less might have been as good as I wanted. In '10, I turned up in Calcutta, already severely overweight; by '12, my weight had hit 105 kgs. From then on, I've been struggling with my weight. The treadmill went out a long time ago, as my BP got higher and higher; it's 160/100 without medication now. I've tried shifting to the keto diet, vegetarian Indian version out of respect for my landlord, but nothing seems to work. Possibly it will take a little while for the diet to have an impact.
My father is 50... hes 5”11 and weights around 85kg... hes more fit than me..

Wakes up at 5am... goes for jogging... and than again at night... not to forget Golf.

Meanwhile i barely get the time... i leave for work at 7;45.... and come back at around 8-9pm... karachi traffic sucks.. i cover 21km in 2 hours... too tired when i come home.

No dude, i actually gained only 4 kgs back... and that was due to the fact that i left the gym and started eating junk food/sodas etc.

My diet was ok... i was takin all the carbs and stuff with meat/fruits... but exertion was more than the intake.

Wakes up at 5am... goes for jogging... and than again at night... not to forget Golf.

Your DAD is 50???????? Aaaargh!

Let me out of here!

A son of the gun type army doctor told me during my regular check up that my weight is more and my cholesterol is going up, I took this nut seriously and started a strict diet, an orange juice two biscuits as break fast and lentil curry with bread at lunch but dinner remains the same (little less) with some medication, I lost 10 Kgs in 6 months and now every body is saying are you Ok you are looking weaker.
Now I am trying hard to get my shape back.

some years ago I was at a docotor for general health check for a private health insurance.. they checked everything blood, heart, urin etc... after the tests the doctor asked my if I did party hard the last night befor the check? I said no... my work time dont allowe me to stay up till late in the night... and I dont drink alcohol at all since 1998... he did not belive me ...some numbers in my health check told him that I was drunk the night befor... I told him the last time I was drunk was almost 2 decades ago... the white chicks are not always right

Ouch.

Till '08, I was 85 kgs, about 5'9" and happy about my weight; perhaps 5 kgs less might have been as good as I wanted. In '10, I turned up in Calcutta, already severely overweight; by '12, my weight had hit 105 kgs. From then on, I've been struggling with my weight. The treadmill went out a long time ago, as my BP got higher and higher; it's 160/100 without medication now. I've tried shifting to the keto diet, vegetarian Indian version out of respect for my landlord, but nothing seems to work. Possibly it will take a little while for the diet to have an impact.
Good luck with your diet i am 5 11 and right now i weight 84 kgs i should be somewhere bw 72-75 i used to eat like crazy but for last 3 weeks i eat half or less than half i used to!

3 egg white 1 yolk
Half kg veggies raw for lunch or hummus
Lentils or mixed dry fruit in the evening
And for dinner whatever i cooked i eat 1.5 rooti thats it!

On sunday i go bad shit crazy and eat whatever i can find! I wait for sunday so i can eat like crazy!

Ouch.

Cut down on all unnecessary sugar, drink green tea, 2 apples per day and avoid all fried food, try to get under 2000 calories per day and do take regular strolls, hit the gym , place a great deal of emphasis on the cycling machine as it gives one a good workout without taxing the knees, do some light work with the weights (low weight high reps), if you have no knee trouble then squat machine and other leg workouts will be beneficial.Kudos Joe

There have been time in life when I had self loathing , I started to punish myself by not eating anything .. except a cup of a tea . That made me look like an old day who only had teeth , with severe black circles and inserted cheeks . My weight reduced so much nd my hemoglobin reduced to 7. Rate that I had to be admitted in hospital nd dripped .

Meanwhile i barely get the time... i leave for work at 7;45.... and come back at around 8-9pm... karachi traffic sucks.. i cover 21km in 2 hours... too tired when i come home.

sounds like me 49... 5"9 weight at the moment 89kg ...wake up at 3:30am and start working at 4am (just need to go downstairs) 6-7 days a week

Did you not get headaches? It is recommended that ones lose 1 or 2lb per week.Kudos
Nope.. gradually increased the ex...

First day i couldnt do cardio for 15 mins dude.

sounds like me 49... 5"9 weight at the moment 89kg ...wake up at 3:30am and start working at 4am (just need to go downstairs) 6-7 days a week
My life sucks.... i have to like drive 3-4 hours to work and back every day.

Go to the courts and than law firm... barely have time...

lol Not that I would give me brother the fame but he looks a mirror image of christian bale ,On top of that he loses alot of Weight just the way bale does.
I know the secret to that. Its really simple ,Eat lots of burgers lmao .......And when you've had enough and people start giving u suggestions to do something about it ,Then start Jogging and do light weight training :D
So far my brother has failed to get the balance lol.

Ask Smiriti Irani or Sami Adnan and thereby close this thread.

Quats with weight...
Yes squats with weight or high reps without weights are great for weight loss as they burn loads of calories and help release more growth hormone than any other exercise as the biggest muscles that are in the body are in the legs, this growth hormone release helps muscle growth throughout the body which in turns speeds up the metabolism which leads to a greater number of calories being burned 24/7.Kudos yaar

Ask Smiriti Irani or Sami Adnan and thereby close this thread.
Sami looks ill

Back
Top Bottom